main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fanfiction Interview Thread - Current Interview: Vehn

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Feb 6, 2020.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    :oops:
    Remeber kids, don't post when sleepy.

-----------------------------------------

favourite parings in SW?

favourite parings in non-SW fandoms?

favourite crack parings? In any fandoms.

any parings (canon or fanon) that have great chemistry but should not get together? In any fandom.

2. Oddly_Salacious

Oddly_Salacious Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2005
    @JediMaster_Jen,
    I use note cards, Post-Its, and scraps of paper for blasts of ideas. Paper clips litter the edges of my Essential Atlas. Writing by hand probably gives you many rewards—not in the least, keeping up with the ability and dexterity.

Do you have a technique that breaks writer's inertia? Do you follow a schedule or have a time of day that you do set aside (or prefer) for writing?

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    @Gamiel

favourite parings in SW?

Luke and Mara. Obi-Wan and Siri.

Spock and Uhura from Star Trek. Don't really have too many others.

Ugh, I'm so boring! I don't really have any. I'm a traditionalist. :)

any parings (canon or fanon) that have great chemistry but should not get together? In any fandom.

None really come to mind at the moment. :(

@Oddly_Salacious

Do you have a technique that breaks writer's inertia? Do you follow a schedule or have a time of day that you do set aside (or prefer) for writing?

I've tried over the years to have a schedule. But, inevitably, something comes along to screw it up so I now I don't even try. :p I don't have a preference in terms of when I write, but I do find that ideas seem to flow easier for me in the late evenings so that tends to be when I do most of my writing. :)

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Marvel called, they have decided to reshuffle the member roster of the Avengers and you get to decide who should be in. The parameters are: the roster has to be at least seven members, but no larger then ten; that there has to be at least three members of each gender; and at least one member with a patriotic theme. You are allowed to have characters go back to an old superhero identity they ones had, or take up the mantle of another character. Which Marvel characters do you pic?

devilinthedetails likes this.
  5. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    Any quotes you feel like sharing?

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    If you could only read one book, watch one movie, and watch one TV show for the rest of your life, what would they be?
    Do you participate in any other fandoms? If so, what are they and do you write for them all?

7. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Iron Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Black Panther, Valkyrie, Loki, Spiderman and Dr. Strange.

Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it, as said by Robert Kennedy.

Well, the book is easy. Paradise Lost by John Milton. Movie would probably be Gone with the Wind. TV show is a little more difficult. I'm not sure I could pick between The West Wing and NCIS.

I dabble. I've written, and continue to write for General Hospital (my favorite soap opera). I've written some Harry Potter and Star Trek but that's about it. :)

8. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Thank you to @JediMaster_Jen for another enjoyable interview!:)

On an administrative note, after this interview, there are only four people on my list of future interviewees, so now is a great time to sign up if you've never been interviewed on this thread before and would like to be interviewed or if you have been interviewed on this thread but would like to be interviewed again. To sign up, just send me a PM and I'll add you to my list:cool:

Next up, we have the lovely @Nehru_Amidala![face_dancing]

@Nehru_Amidala:

1) What is your favorite Halloween candy and why?
    2) Do you enjoy watching horror films? Why or why not?
    3) What is your favorite Star Wars quote and why?
    4) Do you enjoy writing about monsters, ghosts, and other spooky stuff?

9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Those are great questions to start with.

1. My favorite Halloween candy is Hershey’s Milk Chocolate. That has always been my favorite, next to Smarties and Tootsie Roll Pops.

2. I am not really into horror films, as I find them too violent and bloody. That said, I do enjoy the films of Tim Burton. My favorite Halloween films are Hocus Pocus, The Witches, Coraline, and Beetlejuice.

3. There are too many quotes that I like, so I can’t chose a favorite off the top of my head.

4. I do like writing about monsters and ghosts. You should ask about my favorite film about a ghost princess in feudal era Japan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Shipping!

favourite parings in SW?

11. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    My favorite Star Wars pairings are: Han/Leia, Luke/Mara, Anakin/Padme, Obi-Wan/Satine, Rex/Ashoka, Kallus/Zeb, Grand Admiral Thrawn/Karyn Faro, Ezra/Sabine, and Jaina/Jag.

I have tons of non SW pairings: 10/Rose, 11/Clara, 12/River Song, Harkness/Ianto, Martha/Mickey, Marcia/Rhys(Doctor Who/Torchwood). Zuko/Katara, Toph/Aang, Sokka/Suki (ATLA). Too many to list.

My favorite crack pairing is Thrawn and Clara Oswald.

Least favorite pairing for Star Wars is Thrawn/Eli Vanto. I see them as brothers only, nothing else.

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I see you like Dr. Who. Favourite alternative* Doctor Who?

* as in regnerations that was shown in other media, official BBC Dr. Who spoofs (like The Lenny Henry Show's), the movie, and such

13. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Torchwood!

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Pst, look ad my edited on clearification

15. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I wouldn’t know, I’ve never seen any of those.

16. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @Nehru_Amidala What's your favorite film about a ghost princess in feudal era Japan? That sounds really cool.

17. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    1997’s Mononoke Hime...

1999’s Princess Mononoke for those of us (like me) who saw the dub.

[​IMG]

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Best classic Doctor Who?

Here are two of the spoofs in full:

and here is the trailer to the movie

19. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    My favorite classic Doctor Who is David Tennant.

[​IMG]

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What now Legend non-jedi, non-sith Force tradition would you like to see in the new EU and why?

What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?

Which one/s of the new non-human races we have seen in ST and the NEU would you like to know more about?

Which background characters in ST deserve to get their story told?

Man, we have different ideas of classic. To me clssic means 8th Doctor and backward.

21. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    1. I would like to see the Aing/Tii monks because they seem to be in between the Jedi and Sith. And they do cool stuff with the Force.

2. I would like to know more about the Blood Carvers and why they’re always so violent and depressing, as a species and culture.

3. I would love to learn more about the Lasats from Rebels.

4. I would like to see Kaydel Co Connix have her own film.

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-human species and why?

Favourite SW culture and why?

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

If you could change something in SW, what would it be?

What SF technology that have not appeared in SW would you like to see appear?

What kind of food pie do you prefer? Meat, chicken, cheese, ham & broccoli or something else?

23. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    1. My favorite non-human species are the Chiss. Mostly because they are extremely attractive (especially Thrawn).

2. My favorite culture is Naboo because it's elegant and I love the dresses the Queen gets to wear. How cool would it be to wear one at AwesomeCon?

3. I would like to see people with an ASD playing a tech and interacting with the main characters for a few minutes to prove you can do anything and still have a disability.

4. I would like to see the Dutch culture because I just loved Amsterdam when I visited back when I was in high school.

5. I would have made Poe and Finn a romantic couple in the ST, and Ben Solo would have lived.

6. Two words: Time travel! :)

7. I like my food pies to have meat and veggies.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You said that you found the Aing/Tii monks to seemingly be in between the Jedi and Sith, can you expand on that?

25. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Well, they take a wider view of the Force, fight slavery, and their ships just come and go at random. The Aing/Tii have the ability to teleport objects from one room to another, for example.