main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I thought he lived in LA?

2. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    In terms of actors, probably background stormtroopers or Imperials are all that we have left outside of Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford. They should extend that to any of the crew that worked on the film so we can hear their stories...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You seem to have an inflated opinion of the Imperial health care plan.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My mistake - I thought he still lived in the UK. In which case, if he's still healthy enough he could attend an Anaheim Cele.

5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Unsurprisingly, LA Comic Con has been officially cancelled. Their proposed plan would have been an absolute disaster.

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    And I still haven't gotten my money back for my flight tickets. I have gotten an email that say that they are aware that it takes time, but if I want to take a voucher I would get $35 extra compared to my original tickets. Well since I don't plan on flying anywhere intercontinental in the coming year I still want to get my money.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Lots of people here in the UK are having similar issues with refunds. If you paid by credit card can your bank do anything to help? Might be worth asking.

8. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Don't know how it is in Sweden, but in Denmark the airline companys has been told, that everybody who has their ticket cancelled before October 1st and who opted for a refund, must have their money back by November 15th. And everybody who had their ticket cancelled between October 1 and November 15th and who opted for a refund, must have their money by december 1. And for everybody who had their ticket cancelled after November 15th a refund must not take longer than a week.

I hope we both see our money soon.

9. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    To their credit, they did say that they would reschedule/cancel if it was not deemed safe to hold the event..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  10. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    In a news Thursday evening SAS says it might take them until the end of January to process the cases of the remaining 840.000 customers.

11. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    That's rough. I would keep calling until I got someone to process my refund. Why do they get to hold your money hostage?

I got a special surprise from my wife today. My favorite modern day fantasy author Terry Brooks has a book coming out next week. It's the last one of his Shannara series. She got me a signed copy and some other goodies that come with it. I've been reading Terry since I was 11 or 12 years old. My son even has started to read him. It will be a fine addition to my office that is slowly coming along with all my collectibles.

Padme501st likes this.
  12. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    For my part I don't wanna pursue the matter. It is of course irritating, that it takes this long, but I don't need the money so much, that I can't wait. It's a work in process, the money may be in my account tomorrow or they may not be there until the end of January. Of course I would prefer for my money to be in my pocket and not theirs, but I recognize, that this is a rare situation and I trust them when they say they are working on the pile of customers.

Of course I will be pissed when they go out of business in two month and I stil haven't got my money back.:eek:[face_thinking];)

Padme501st likes this.
  13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    And I totally agree with @Mr_Mundi I'm sure that the money will come eventually, even if I'm annoyed that they can't do it in time.

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Would you like to discuss it with the Hutts? I'm sure they could settle this.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Quite a few of the people waiting for refunds here are also out of work due to the virus. People in that situation should be able to get their refunds as soon as possible - not be waiting months for it..

16. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    That's awesome! What a great present

17. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    So I was thinking, with Halloween coming up, wouldn't it be fun if we had a Halloween party in here. We could post photos of ourselves in costumes and share our scariest or most awful stories from Celebration?

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm nervous that my meeting @ChrisLyne story would be a little too scary for any young readers who may come across this board.

ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  19. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    You can always put it under a spoiler tag. ;)

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  20. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    A recent re-watch of The Mummy (1999) inspired me to put together a costume out of parts I already have for other outfits, even though there are limited options to wear/flaunt it. So I'm down.

21. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I even found my old Halloween sock, that I haven't posted with since 2010, but now it's time to resurrect her I think.

PCCViking likes this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hope you remember the password. If not, use the 'forgot password' function with the email address tied to the account, not the username. (I know admins can change account passwords in the Admin CP - not sure if managers can).

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  23. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    One reason I hadn't used it for a long time is that I had forgotten which email I used with that account, but when I found out that managers can change passwords it was easily fixed.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's good. Now I know managers can do that as well.

25. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    @Obi Anne I have today received an email from SAS, that they are processing my case. So I expect the money will be in my account some time next week.
    I hope you get yours soon as well.

ChrisLyne and LAJ_FETT like this.