main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun and Games Forum Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Coruscant, Aug 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    What is the administration’s appraisal of the situation?

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    We’ll leave this open for now to gather more feedback.

Princess_Tina likes this.
  3. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    You are a merciful head admin

Bacon164 likes this.
  4. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Easy solution: don't listen to Todd.

I don't know what he's on about. This is the best change ever - as anybody else here says. Except Tunes, but he's Tunes.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    harpua and Dandelo like this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  6. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    It’s the Watto’s, baby

7. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Agree about the change being good.

Dandelo likes this.
  8. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    It could do with a killer game. We haven’t had one for a while. Something that involves teams, get everyone involved. Get the competitive juices flowing.

Eww.

Ava G. and Bacon164 like this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Another survival-based game, or something that's more complex? Either way, I'd love that.

Ava G. and Darth Punk like this.
  10. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Something different.

I’ll hatch a plan

11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Sarge likes this.
  12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Fun and Games already has Random Photographs/Pictures - Awesome Photographs/Pictures is too similar - Fun & Games doesn't need two effectively identical threads.

13. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Cool, then I recommend that redundant JCC threads should be locked or merged with the existing threads in F&G.

Bacon164 likes this.
  14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    2 photo threads should be combined. Moving the art thread is fine but I do not wish it to merge with anything.

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    The question also came up regarding this thread..

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/would-you-rather.50054886/

at first I agreed that it should be moved to F&G as it's a game thread, but then thought as it does have some talk, at least as to a person's answer, it might not need moving.

Then a user brought up that it's a game and wasn't the creation of the F&G forum meant to take all one off post type games out of the JCC.

Wonder what other's thoughts on this are.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    "What qualifies as a Game" and "What qualifies as Fun" are interesting questions.

After all, it isn't called the "Fun and One Post Games" forum, just the "Fun and Games" forum. Games can involve talk.

17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Let it stay in JCC for a week at most, let us play it out, then kick it to F&G and let them bump it for eternity if they want.

18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    If people can play it in JCC, then the same people can play it in F&G. It's not supposed to be a pariah forum after all.

19. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Why? It either belongs in F&G or it doesn't.

Pensivia and Iron_lord like this.
  20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Why? So JCCers can enjoy it without having to go to the spam forum, which I'm generally not interested in visiting. Not sure why I have to go to the spam forum when it's not spam (yet) and I'm not interested in spam or spamming. Don't worry, we only want it for a few days. Then you can have it. Is there any reason you can't let it play out? Does it have to be moved right now, before we're done with it? I assure you, it won't last long, as we're not spammers.

We have a permanent Star Wars thread in the JCC. It doesn't belong. If you're going to be anal about every last thread and where it belongs, then shut down the Star Wars thread and tell JCCers to go to other forums if they want to talk about Star Wars. Every other forum on the site has a permanent, off topic social thread. If you're going to be anal, then shut all those down and send everyone to the JCC to socialize. Lit has threads for the cartoons, television shows, and the movies. If you're going to be anal, shut those down and send Litizens all over the site.

Or you can allow a week of leeway. It can even be a rule, if you want. You only get a week, then it gets flushed.

But if you insist, I'll sacrifice a little bit of fun it if it means keeping the spam out of the JCC.

21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The point we've been trying to make, is that it's not the spam forum in the first place - it's the game forum. The thread is basically identical to game threads elsewhere.

The whole hostility to the game forum as "the spam forum" is a bad thing.

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    What's with all the us and them?

It's as if this whole thread was indeed a matter of keeping certain users posts out of the JCC and not needing an actual Fun & Games forum.

23. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    The topic by its nature generates discussion, so I would leave it unless further gameified. But that this conversation has reinforced feelings of segregation is really not helpful to the health of either forum.

24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    IMO, "Would you rather" is definitely a game and should probably be in the F&G forum. While it could spark conversation, and I encourage many of the other games to do so as well, "Would you rather" can be boiled down to a player picking choice A or B. While I agree with Bacon that it doesn't have a "gameified" structure, it does kind of feel that Punk is running it so to speak.

I also agree that the F&G shouldn't be treated as the spam forum and I don't want users of either forum to feel segregated. I enjoy the vibe of the "new" JCC and if a thread is better served to be in the F&G forum then it should be relocated there for the fun and betterment of all users.

25. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I agree with this,

calling it a spam forum seems to imply a superiority aloofness as if one is more intellectually better if one does not post there.
    Not saying that's the intent. But it comes across that way, it's a Star Wars message board. Not Mensa's top secret meeting forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.