main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi A Newbie's Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Winter1231505, Oct 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winter1231505

Winter1231505 Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2020
    Hey y'all, I'm kind of new to the whole forum interaction style as I've never actually participated in any kind of website like this. So in the end I thought what better place to start than in the Star Wars community?

2. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Hello, sir! Welcome!

It's a large site. A lot to offer. What are your interests?

Winter1231505 likes this.
  3. Winter1231505

Oct 16, 2020
    Star Wars media in general, but perhaps that's a given. I'm a big fan of the Clone Wars period era as that is my favorite between the OG trilogy era and the Sequel Trilogy era, so that could narrow it down. As for activities I really like writing and reading and I see the site has forums for that which I have already checked out, good stuff.

4. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Lots of writing here. Both RPG and FanFic depending if you like participatory writing or not. Hooper McFinney's is a great place to visit for RPG stuff.

Do you have interest in other franchises other than SW?

Sadie Erso and Winter1231505 like this.
  5. Winter1231505

Oct 16, 2020
    Besides Star Wars the ones off the top of my head would most likely be the other big franchises. Fantasy like Lord of the Rings and Song of Ice and Fire alongside superhero stuff and many more. I'm much more of a fantasy nerd than I am a sci-fi buff however I always liked Star Wars for that very reason as it toes the lines between sci-fi and fantasy and has a genuinely interesting world and setting you can get into. It's also the reason why I like writing in said world, so many opportunities.

Sadie Erso and DarthIshyZ like this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that we have a non-SW fanfic forum as well as SW.

7. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    We're equal opportunity geeks here, in other words.

8. Winter1231505

Oct 16, 2020
    I saw, thanks for the info. I'll make sure to post some stuff there or take a look if I find anything that sparks my interest. I'm still trying to figure everything out, how things work etc. and reading through the rules. I did just create a new thread and posted some stuff I had already written up however I'm not 100% certain it was on the correct forum.

Sadie Erso and BookExogorth like this.
  9. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    The mods will move it if needed. Just watch out for their Ban Hammer®. Thor, himself, would envy such a weapon.

Sadie Erso and Elder74 like this.
  10. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! Welcome to the community. I’m happy to help you out with navigating the boards if you’d like, so feel free to drop me a PM.

11. Winter1231505

Oct 16, 2020
    Thanks for the welcome. If I ever have any questions I'll be sure to ask.

12. Elder74

Elder74 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2020
    Welcome!

Winter1231505 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  13. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome Mate! Late to the party but it is Sunday here in Australia!! If you need help, you need only ask one of those who have posted or me, as we are all here to guide and help you, and we do it with pleasure! Ask an ye shall receive!! ;) Once again, welcome aboard!

Winter1231505 and DarthIshyZ like this.
  14. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    @Winter1231505 welcome! I myself enjoy the forum format for its fortuitous forms of fare.

... got a little carried away there I guess :p anyway, what’s your favorite Star Wars character?

Winter1231505 likes this.
  15. Winter1231505

Oct 16, 2020
    Depends on the Era. If we're talking strictly Clone Wars then its nothing new to say my favorites are the clones themselves. Original comment, I know, but the show really did do a tremendously good job at showing the more human aspects of them all. To delve into more Legends territory, you will never find a biggger fan of Revan than me. I don't know what it is about him, but the notion of a Jedi-turned-Sith turned... well, what you choose, adn then becoming so powerful that he more or less manages to form his own path between both Dark and Light is the kind of hipster third way stuff I adore. Not to mention the KOTOR sequel's Kreia, who is, in my eyes, one of the best writen mentor characters in media period.

16. Winter1231505

Oct 16, 2020
    Not to worry, I have a friend from Perth so the woes of European to Australian time-zones are more than well known to me. Thank you for the warm welcome.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Just watch the double posting mate, it's frowned upon here. All good, you can edit your posts for a time and if you wish to quote, you can do two in one post ;)

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

18. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  19. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    @Winter1231505 Oh I love the kotor games. I don't think I could pick a favorite character from them, though maybe it would be Jolee.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  21. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    Hi! Welcome to the forum!

22. Star wars princess

Star wars princess Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2020
    Hi there. I'm new also.welcome

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey @Star wars princess - if you click on my avatar, you will get a box pop up, there you will see ''Start a Conversation" Go there and talk to me about your Avatar. Did you want Leia in there?

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    @Winter1231505 your right there is no place to start like a Star Wars community. Welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.