main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Galaxy's Dump (A Paradoxical Echoes OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    *rings the gong*

[face_skull]

Bravo, Sinrebirth and greyjedi125 like this.
  2. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Here... ;)

Jedi Knight Fett, Darth_Elu and Bravo like this.
  3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Welcome bud! I'll be getting a tag to you tonight. :)

Darth_Elu and Vehn like this.
  4. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Welcome aboard @Vehn! Been a while since we were in a game together, looking forward to it. ;)

Bravo and Vehn like this.
  5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    ~~~Game Master Announcement~~~

Game Roster

Index
    • Matrix
    • Special Notes
    • Starships
    • Game Roster
    • Non-Player Characters
    • Retired Players
    ~~~Matrix~~~
    Game Master: @Bravo
    Assistant Game Master: None
    Total Players: 11 (9 active, 1 inactive, 1 GM)

~~~Special Notes~~~
    Story Characters can only be controlled by the Game Master, Assistant Game Master, or with permission from the Game Master.

~~~Starships~~~

~~~Game Roster~~~
    (Player Characters)

• (11) Bravo ( @Bravo ) --- joined September 3rd, 2017 (active --- Game Master)

~~~Non-Player Characters~~~
    (free use and limited use)

~~~Retired Characters~~~

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    TheSilentInfluence and Darth_Elu like this.
  6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @Vehn

Tag bud. :) Your character sheet is here. I noticed a slight error on my part, which I'll need to fix tomorrow (let me know if you notice any more errors I need to fix).

Vehn likes this.
  7. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I don't think @Bravo understands just what he did by putting @Sinrebirth and myself together. [face_mischief]

[face_skull]

Bravo, greyjedi125 and Sinrebirth like this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It’s going to be... fireworks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bravo, Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    [​IMG]

10. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    @Mitth_Fisto

Can KX-0N come work at my place? He sounds fun to have around. :D :p

Edit: Editing so as not to double post. Last post from you Bravo regarding The Dark Card's sabacc game...mhm.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call lines being drawn. I foresee things getting a bit tense on the Darkest Night soon. ;)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Bravo and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all,

I'm not sure what everyone's past experiences are with different characters interacting both with story elements & other characters in different aspects of the game, yet in the same general area. The classic ESB back time lapse between Luke & Yoda's training and the Falcon's trip to Cloud City comes to mind (where Lucas finally confirmed with the Essential Guide to Warfare that it was 3 months, but in film, it looked like a day or two at best). In light of that, I don't want to rush any existing interactions, so if you see one group of players---i.e. the TIE Pilots---jump ahead to midnight, where its past 9pm in game right now, don't feel too alarmed. I'm want to keep the interactions going with the stormtrooper squads and the office investigation, while also keeping the TIE Pilots' story going ahead.

In short, think of it like ESB. We'll all end up at Cloud City (Unknown Regions for us) to keep the audience in the loop. ;)

@greyjedi125 , @Mitth_Fisto , @galactic-vagabond422 , @TheSilentInfluence , @TheAdmiral , @Darth_Elu , @Silvertough , @Sinrebirth , @Vehn

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

I am in need of some help, regarding the management of the game going forward and, as such, am in the market for an Assistant Game Master (AGM). We should have an additional new player joining here soon, hopefully within the next day or two, as our Chief Medical Officer. If this new player does indeed join, I will be 100% in need of help without a doubt, as I will need an AGM to help balance out the work load. Out of an abundance of respect for all of you, I feel it only fair and proper to offer the AGM role to you all first, before I take the position public to the rest of the boards. :)

I have been very spoiled and extremely honored to have both @greyjedi125 (2009-2011) and the late @Sith-I-5 (2012-2020) as my Assistant Game Masters over a serious of 4 games. @Mitth_Fisto filled in as a steady assistant to both Grey & Sith over that respected length of time if I was ever out of town or off the boards for any length of time and his contributions should not go understated. Both Grey & Sith were instrumental in maintaining a balance between staff, players, and story. As such, my bar of acceptable quality for an AGM is very high. Both Grey & Sith preformed their duties with the expected professionalism of veteran role players of the RPF who take their personal pursuit of Star Wars storytelling seriously, yet never got away from the core reason as to why we're all here: the love of Star Wars. Both gentlemen had pros and cons to their respected roles---as do I, as I have more cons myself as a Game Master than I care to count at times---and none of us were ever perfect. To say that we had mastered any such responsibility would be a fool's statement. But we did excel in certain respects.

Anyone that knows me, knows the respect I hold for both Grey & Sith as my AGMs and Mitth for his constant help over the years and, most of you know, how much Sith's death hurt me personally this year. Sith's loss was very hard to get over for me; that fine gentleman did so many things behind the scenes for me as an AGM over 8 years and was so kind & honest during some very rough years I had as a Game Master (his contributions to the various games to keep them going can never go understated). Likewise, Grey and I go back to 2003 and our role playing adventures through the years and his hard work to get the Intervention series of games off the ground and mentor a young GM that I was in 2009---priceless beyond words. Mitth was Johnny on the Spot for anything, freely & carelessly throwing himself into whatever things I and/or Grey or Sith needed him to do (a true "trooper" if there ever was one). Mitth & mine role player adventures go back together to 2004, to the days of the Jedi Outcasts (good times, sir, good times).

I say all that to say this: the shoes anyone is about to fill are big and rightfully so. But they come with my undying trust that, if selected, you will be given near identical authority as mine in almost any situation, save for ultimate story direction (that's the one thing I hold for myself as Game Master). But you will be trusted with the full duties to handle player disputes (if they arise and sometimes they do), picking up tags where I fail to for players, initiating tags for players (instead of me), running side stories and missions that ultimately connect back to the main story, approving character sheets, and being that voice of reason & sounding board for sometimes crazy ideas from a Game Master. I will have your back in player disputes (but also be fair, regardless), support your universe building, and encourage you to grow and succeed to your wildest nerdy dreams. We'll be a team and there's no I or me in team. Its us & we and I take that very seriously and with great reverence.

With all that said, I would interview you over PM and ask you some basic questions. You get to ask me some basic questions. While the questions I ask won't be intrusive questions into your most private affairs of your life, I would like to know who I'm working with as an AGM and who they are (I would like to some basics about [fill in the blank with name] before I just start trusting them overnight in a game). Some examples would be your first real name, where you live (regionally---Colorado, UK, Australia, etc), your age and gender (am I talking to he/she, etc), your professional and personal goals, and some personal highlights of your life that you choose to share (do you have dogs, are you a movie goer, do you do baseball on the weekends, etc).

With that said, I will never ask you or never demand to know your religious preference, political views, social views, sexual preference or gender you identify with, or anything else that I would find intrusive personally myself (are you married, do you have you have kids, which city do you live in, etc). If any of the above details come up in natural conversation as any two people talking on a normal basis, that's fine, but I will never expect to know or be of the understanding I should know any of those personal details without it being approached naturally and organically.

So, you may ask, what am I looking for in an AGM? I'm glad you asked, if you haven't been scared away yet that is. ;) Here they are:

The 8 Basics

Experience, Fair Knowledge, Respect, Minimal, Expectation
    • Experience previously as a Game Master, Assistant Game Master, or Moderator/Manager on the TFN boards (preferably --- @Mitth_Fisto , your experience counts here buddy)
    • Fair knowledge and understanding of the RPF, aka your not the new kid on the block. 2 to 3 years of experience on the RPF.
    • Fair knowledge and understanding of both Disney Canon and the Expanded Universe ("Legends"). I don't count the comics.
    • Respect to not "go over" the Game Master's head and do whatever because a title allows you to.
    • Respect and follow our Game Policies. An AGM is considered "staff" and/or a "staff member" to the game.
    • Minimally have at least one player character in The Kingdom.
    • Minimally spend at least 3 days a week on The Kingdom, checking the game, answering tags, etc. It doesn't mean your posting, it just means your checking for tags, answering questions in OOG, etc. Please answer tags within 7 days, putting family and professional obligations first (just keep me informed).
    • Expectation; I would expect you, as an AGM, to have a biased loyalty towards The Kingdom, putting the game as a priority in your RPF activities, and not simply as another listed item to handle throughout your RPF week.
    Desired Skills
    • Ability to manage player & staff conflicts with professionalism and kindness
    • Ability to handle multiple NPCs (if needed) to answer tags and build the universe (color in the coloring page---see below)
    • Ability to work with the GM on storytelling and use that cooperation to engage the player base with meaningful storytelling & story progression without the GM micro-managing you (I trust you to do the right thing). In a nutshell, you're there to help fill in the coloring book pages, not make the coloring book (that's my job).
    Plus Stuff (not required)

If you are interested, please PM me. :) I'll leave this here throughout the week until next Monday, before I make the position public to the rest of the RPF if needed.

Best Regards,

Jason
    (aka Bravo)

@greyjedi125 , @Mitth_Fisto , @galactic-vagabond422 , @TheSilentInfluence , @TheAdmiral , @Darth_Elu , @Sinrebirth , @Silvertough , @Vehn

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Can everyone give a big welcome to @Kalio_Dynkos ? He'll be running our CMO position going forward. :cool:

14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Welcome @Kalio_Dynkos to this most interesting group of roleplayers ;) Have fun!

15. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Thanks! Love what you’ve all created!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheAdmiral and Bravo like this.
  16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

Updated recruiting roster (open spots only)

---GALACTIC EMPIRE---

Joker Platoon

Bad Love Squadron

Tick-Tock Squadron
    • Please see "Specialized Flights"
      • Tick 2 --- OPEN (& NPC crew)
      • Tick 3 --- OPEN (& NPC crew)

714th Special Operations Shuttle Group
    • Please see "Specialized Flights"
      • Raptor 4 --- OPEN (& NPC crew)

Senior Staff Officers
    • Chief Medical Officer --- Agnar Morana
    • Chief Engineering Officer --- OPEN
    • Chief Communications Officer --- OPEN
    • Chief Logistics Officer --- OPEN
    • Chief Hanger Master --- OPEN
    Command Subordinates
    • Political Officer --- OPEN
    • Quartermaster --- OPEN
    Crew Officers, Specialty Officers, and Enlisted Crew
    • Multiple positions to various tastes of role play (private message Game Master for details) --- OPEN

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

Game Roster

Index
    • Matrix
    • Special Notes
    • Starships
    • Game Roster
    • Non-Player Characters
    • Retired Players
    ~~~Matrix~~~
    Game Master: @Bravo
    Assistant Game Master: None
    Total Players: 12 (10 active, 1 inactive, 1 GM)

~~~Special Notes~~~
    Story Characters can only be controlled by the Game Master, Assistant Game Master, or with permission from the Game Master.

~~~Starships~~~

~~~Game Roster~~~
    (Player Characters)

~~~Non-Player Characters~~~
    (free use and limited use)

~~~Retired Characters~~~

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    ~~~Game Master Announcement~~~~

Until further notice, @greyjedi125 has given me full control of his character (Winterkill). This is due to a combination of work and other DRL pressures that has forced him to reduce his game workload. If and when Grey returns to the game, his character will be restored to him without delay. Grey's temporary (or otherwise) exit from the game is done so with leaving on good terms. We will miss his input and creative style. [:D]

@Mitth_Fisto , expect tags for Winterkill coming from me. :)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Have a safe, healthy, and amazing Thanksgiving everyone!!! :)

Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  21. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    You as well Bravo, Happy Thanksgiving.

Bravo and Darth_Elu like this.
  22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in our extended Kingdom Family. ;) Cheers! [face_coffee]

Bravo and greyjedi125 like this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Bravo, greyjedi125 and Darth_Elu like this.
  24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    ~~~Game Master Announcement~~~~

I was going to let everyone know to find a good "stopping point" this upcoming week, so we can gently fast forward to the Unknown Regions, but by reading all the posts, it seems we've found that point naturally. Which is awesome! :cool: Everyone is doing a GREAT job writing, responding, and being involved. :) I'm very, very happy to be part of this amazing group of players.

I am going to start preparing "Chapter 1" of our adventure here. It'll take a few hours to get set up, maybe the weekend depending on how my Saturday goes tomorrow with my children. Please do not post anything until the new chapter is up.

Thanks everyone---look for the next chapter of our adventure to begin! [face_party]

@Mitth_Fisto , @galactic-vagabond422 , @TheSilentInfluence , @TheAdmiral , @Darth_Elu , @Sinrebirth , @Silvertough , @Vehn , @Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos, Vehn, Darth_Elu and 4 others like this.
  25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    You guys are all free to reply! Sorry, I feel asleep last night right after posting that and I didn't get to telling everyone.

@Mitth_Fisto , I have tags coming for you bud. When I ran out of steam last night, I ran out of steam hard. I almost forgot to post everything last night (imagine face into keyboard tired).