main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **The True Sith Empire** Lords of the First Sith Order- We deal in absolutes.

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by WookieeRage, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    @Ava G. & @QueenSabe7

I watched this recently and just kept thinking, this is one of Ava's best roles, acting as Lady Syren. It was an enjoyable watch. *They had me at the Jessica Rabbit homage, lol.

2. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Interesting looking film.

3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I think I'll pass on that and wait for James Bond.

4. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Singalong time!

Attention beautiful people chorus!

conducts the band in a sort of self comforting rhythm

5. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016

We all live in a yellow submarine,
    Yellow submarine,
    Yellow submarine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Well, if that's your preference. :D

7. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016

8. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Kubo and the Two Strings was a good movie.

9. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    That movie is gangbusters. I've watched my blu ray of Kubo three times so far.:)

And George Harrison strums acoustic, plays beautiful slide guutar, and sings backup vox on this lovely Dylan tune. Roy Orbison was there too!:cool:

Congratulations everyone! ;)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  10. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    A thought came to my mind regarding both the Dark Nest Trilogy and the Sequel Trilogy: they take place around the same time in their respective timelines (DNT around 35-36 ABY and the ST 34-35 ABY), and both have divergent directions for the Solo sons. Jacen, it can be argued, really starts taking a major step towards becoming Caedus in DNT, and Kylo Ren begins his return as Ben in the ST.

11. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    @Ava G. Very nice choice, my apprentice - Traya with the "grandma 'tude". And the video you included was a good visual aid, I enjoyed the watch.

+2 prestige! I eagerly await your second part.

12. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    And there is my fix!

13. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    My daughter sent me a video yesterday of swimming tarantulas. I think she hates me.

14. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    [face_laugh]
    Raised your daughter right, sir!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  15. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    She has good intentions. [face_dunno]

16. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Princess Charlotte likes spiders.

17. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Sets the tray down to one side, resting on an ornate table tray.

Takes one last bow to Darth @Darth_wanderguard before pottering back off to his desk to continue his studies... eyeing his Master briefly as he does so...

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  18. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    First, it is important to define our terms.
    The oxford dictionary defines religion as “A state of life bound by religious vows; the condition of belonging to a religious order.”

What was the jedi ‘religion’ and how did Tarkin understand it?

For those who are/were members of the Jedi order, they were the self-described guardians of peace and justice in the galactic republic. The Jedi religion was a spiritual path dedicated to following the will of the force. This was done through following the tenets of the jedi code, meditation on the light side of the force and study of the 3 pillars: force, knowledge and self-discipline. Children with sensitivity to the force were taken into the order at a young age and proceeded through a series of levels of training that would ultimately lead them to becoming a jedi knight (or flunk out into the service corps lol).

From outsiders, in the days of the old republic, the jedi order would have been seen as a religious order of peacekeepers, revered for their ‘unique’ weapons and desire to serve weaker beings. Outsiders may have been aware of the force (jedi were well known even in the outer rim for ‘mind tricks’) but most would have little understanding of more than that. However, during his time serving the grand army of the republic, Tarkin would have had a unique insight on the jedi order. He observed a force user’s prowess in battle and saw what a jedi was capable of (and also what they were not). He would have witnessed a more human side to an otherwise generally hallowed or despised group, seeing their tactics as ‘ineffective’, and preventing victory.

Interestingly, Tarkin recognises Vader as ‘of that religion’ despite the jedi religion being effectively illegal for 19 years- this may be because of previous demonstrations of Vader’s power and also owing to having privately identified him as Anakin Skywalker. Whether Tarkin understands that Vader is a Sith lord and the relationship of the sith to the jedi order remains unclear*.

*From my limited research.
    @DarthIshyZ

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  19. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    That sounds about right for Tarkin. At least, that’s how I read him in the Clone Wars episodes.

20. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Yeah, I haven't been able to read 'Tarkin' but I pulled on my knowledge of him from the clone wars and the vader comics.

21. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Interesting. A question. Does it change anything to know that Vader is quite adamant to anyone who identifies him as Anakin that "The Jedi is dead." In Thrawn: Alliances, he says that multiple times. So, if Tarkin "privately identified him as Anakin," Vader would have wanted to put him in his place.

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I quite like the idea that Tarkin deduced Vader's identity.

For Thrawn he had a lot of hints to work from, but Tarkin not so much.

23. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Oddly enough, for Tarkin, I think it doesn't change anything. He recognised Anakin's power and respected that he too was frustrated at the lack of results that the jedi 'pacifism' could ultimately bring. But prehaps this is why he didn't identify him as a jedi, because he recognised that Vader's attitude definately didn't match up to the jedi he knew in the clone wars.

24. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Maybe, just maybe, he had an inkling of Sheev’s plan to seduce Anakin to the dark side.

I really should not be posting right now, but I am doing lesson planning and someone is in with my kids.

25. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Perfect. I wish I could give you more. Three points.

Points status, please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.