main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Willow - Sequel Series Premieres November 30, 2022

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Krueger, May 13, 2018.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Willow fans in the UK with Film4 might want to keep an eye on their schedule. They are showing Willow at 4PM today but they do tend to repeat.

2. DartJackson

DartJackson Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 26, 2020
    Kasdan Jr symbolizes nepotism. Thanks to the connections and authority of his father, he was able to participate in the writing of SW, Indy (luckily fired) and now he got into Willow. Check out this guy's own work. He wrote and directed two questionable films before Solo and nothing else. So I'm very wary of the prospect of this show.

3. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    I thought Trump was nepotism’s poster boy. Or maybe Henry viii. Turns out it’s a screenwriter’s son. Anyway surely the main reason to be wary is that it’s a continuation of Willow. You know, Willow.

Sarge likes this.
  4. DartJackson

DartJackson Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 26, 2020
    Larry Kasdan not only a screenwriter, but a pretty big name in the film industry. Larry credits / connections in the film business, his contributions to OT and Raiders, gives Jonathan the job. Not his talent / ability. His both pre-Lucasfilm films weren't very good. Moreover, first of these films was produced by father.

His older brother Jake is at least a solid director / producer. John is just a hacker, who did not show himself in any way to give him the writing of sequels / spin-offs of cult franchises.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
  6. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I am hoping Jonathan Kasdan has a son so he can write SW movies as well.

CloneBlooper likes this.
  7. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Well, that's, like, totally bitchin'.

christophero30 likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    so I'm thinking this will be like DisneyPlus PG/PG13 level branded Game of Thrones/Lord of the Rings style. But Willow which Disney LFL owns. But hey bringing back Warwick Davis for anything is grand. Kind of wish that Howard would direct the pilot but cool to see he's an EP on it though.

Anyway Madmartigan or we walk. He's almost more important to the movie than Willow! (well Willow is in almost every scene but Madmartigan does most of the stuff)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Sarge likes this.
  9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Awesome news. Really can't wait. We're bloody getting a sequel to Willow (not counting those novels).

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This is kinda like the Star Wars EU being blasted out all over again, isn't it? That's why I bought those Willow novels I can't remember decades ago where he changed his name.

11. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I really don’t understand LFL’s obsession with Jon Kasdan. It also really sucks that Val Kilmer is sick since he was awesome in the movie.

DartJackson and Skywalker Family like this.
  12. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Frankly, I wish they would do a sequel to "Solo".

13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    This and I'd die to see their games being transormed into movies. Maniac Mansion, Zac McKracken, Indy - Fate of Atlantis or even Monkey Island.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Kind of weird that Willow fans are now closer to getting a continuation from Disney/ Lucasfilm than Indy fans

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Sounds good. If Willow has the kinda of quality as Dark Crystal series the show could be wonderful.

Cynda and Count Yubnub like this.
  16. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    Great news!

17. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Good news I like Willow. Speaking of Ron Howard I am binge watching Happy Days. has anyone played the Willow video game? It's really good. It was on NES and in the arcade.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    AniSkylover likes this.
  18. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Sarge and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  19. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Well, it's about time something happened. All it took was a "Dark Crystal" reboot on Netflix to get the fandom moving.

20. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Erin Kellyman, Cailee Spaeny & Ellie Bamber Poised To Star In Disney+ Series:
    https://deadline.com/2020/11/willow...ie-bamber-star-disney-plus-series-1234609142/

Includes new details on the story:

bstnsx704 likes this.
  21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    They're really moving fast on this.

22. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    The Willow series will arrive in 2022. Good stuff. I watch Willow every year during the Holiday season.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  23. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I cant wait for the show I love Willow and Warwick is an awesome guy I used to love Life's to short on HBO!

24. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Glad to see them bringing back Willow, love that movie.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  25. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    One Christmas a few years ago my Brother got that series and the Leprechaun franchise lol. I received Willow and a Wicket Pez Dispenser lol. He always jokes that we had a Warwick Davis Christmas lol.