main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Reference Zalzabar's Zpa - OOC Thread for The Saga of the Ryujin

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Shadowsun, Aug 30, 2020.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Should Anaxagore make a 'foolish decision', it will be in character and he'll just have to live with it or not. So there's that. :p

2. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Haha...I'm not gonna kill characters off willy nilly… or am I...? Na I'm not ….or am I? Okay I'll see myself out....[face_laugh]

Kurisan, Darth_Elu and greyjedi125 like this.
  3. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
  4. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Oh right... yeah... whoops...

*nudges heads under table* Nothing to see here!

Kurisan and greyjedi125 like this.
  5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
  6. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Well, that escalated quickly. :p

In this scenario at this given point in time:

Cretaus = Likely to make a wise decision
    Kaynus = Not

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I think Ne’tar went solidly in the not column but time well tell. Can’t keep a good orc down right? :p

8. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    That’s what everyone’s favorite aunty is here for!!

9. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Leans back, smiling at all the schemes he has plotting for down the line...barely containing his excitement...

I don't have an obsessions I swear! Now to figure out how to monetize this... :p

10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    It's called: 'I wrote a book', incase you were wondering, lol.

11. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *worries things will progress ahead of him* [face_worried] [face_waiting] :p

Planning on getting a post up tomorrow night! As at least Kaynus, if not both him and Cretaus.

greyjedi125, Shadowsun and Kurisan like this.
  12. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Noted...[face_worried] :)

13. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Forgive the double post and the ramble below. (Although I know @greyjedi125 likes my rambles for some reason...;))

Am I going too fast with the lore info?

Some more stuff I want to add but I don't wanna overwhelm you guys.

Sea "elves", creation myths and Essatia (Cretaus' 'Homeland') being the next things on the agenda.
    (Thinking about doing a piece on sword techniques but I am not well versed so need to do some research first...hmmm...if anyone wants to educate me I would not be opposed...[face_laugh])

Also putting a pause on updating as Roger and Elizabeth for now. Probably will do one as Sonus though.

Also a quick clarification when it comes to natures and magic. They aren't strictly defined, and natures can 'feed' into each other where the lines become blurred a little. For instance Elizabeth using a lot of teleportation despite her 'origin nature' (ah took me too long to come up with a more succinct term) being fire.

Also certain spells fall into multiple natures. I recall this novel I read that feature elemental magic and towards the end they explain about how all elements are equal giving the example of making a flower bloom. What magic did you use to make it bloom? The earth to give it mineral and nutrients, water to give it...water, fire in the form of the sun to give it energy or air to give it oxygen. The end result is the same.

What I'm trying to say is different magics, while their mechanics are different, achieve a similar result. (For instance all elemental natures have an intrinsic 'healing' factor to them) Elizabeth turns herself into fire and move around by multiplying the flame. So it isn't exactly teleportation but for all tense and purposes it is. (Other than long ranged stuff)

Another example with summoning vs creating elementals. Summoners well summon the elemental, calling to forth from some talisman, or where they have stored it previously. As opposed to Esenma who using her breath to create the elemental. Same end result, different process.

Make sense?

Hope everyone is having as much fun as I am! :)

14. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    I can assist with Sword styles I'm not a scholar of historical european longsword but I know enough to fake it.

Kurisan, Darth_Elu and Shadowsun like this.
  15. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Awesome! I did a quick google of what you mentioned in the PM and became fascinated. I would love to have a crash course if you are willing....[face_laugh]. I'll be able to write Roger (and the rest of the Knights) better that way. :)

Kurisan and Darth_Elu like this.
  16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *eyes everyone posting in a frenzy again, or so it feels like*

[face_waiting] [face_sigh] :p

Ok, my turn! :D

Kurisan, greyjedi125 and Shadowsun like this.
  17. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    All I know is two semesters of fencing, and a few dozen lore dives into Star Wars which is a pseudo mash. . .not sure how helpful those would be :p

Alright, that Magic explanation with the magic and giving two different schools for the same result is spot on! It now clicks for me, thank you!

Also, more lore the better, I may not reference for a bit, but I am a bit of a lore junkie.

18. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    *holds up hand for a high five from his fellow lore junkies* :cool:

Edit: *finally caught up with his reading*

@greyjedi125

'Hurry up Kaynus'. Hmph! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TALKING TO, PLEBE!? I AM KAYNUS ALLBRIGHT, HEIR TO THE THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

[face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized]

[​IMG]

...Did I do good, @Master Vo'Un'Var? :p

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Ne'tar no could wait no more.

20. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    I had to edit my post a little because of you.... [face_frustrated]

But only a little. :p

Kurisan, greyjedi125 and Shadowsun like this.
  21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Sits back whilst consuming some popcorn and enjoys the 'Ryujin movie' and the current Castle fight scene! *yells at the screen : That's right, get 'em. They walking in here like they own the place....wait...what? Damn!!! He hella strong! WHA...!? She got Audacia...!! Go! Get that witch granny!!! Yes! cut him Rebecca! CUT HIM!! Oh geez, more teleportation? What y'all doing? Ya'll gotta leave already! Uh oh, he pissed now, you in trouble Red!! gonna get double teamed. Oh, lol!! Ne'tar just 'punched' the Witch!! Yeah, run, you gotta live boy, you can't die here. 'Bout time Kaynus woke up...oooooh!! He 'bout to fry Devil Jin and bring the place down!! This is GOOD!!!! *cackles* [face_laugh]

Ktala, Darth_Elu, Kurisan and 3 others like this.
  22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    hehehehe...'puddin' head'......:p

23. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Alright... update is up... as well as two new kingdoms and two new races. That is it for the 'widely known' races I think.

@greyjedi125 Love the little synopsis lol...

Also over 100 posts! W00T!!! W00T!!!

EDIT: I added a little bit to the end that I missed in the copy paste from my word doc. Good thing I noticed before the edit expired. So if you have read it already please go reread. Mainly concerns Esenma but...well...you'll see

24. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    What is that you say another lore dump? Wait... whaaa…. there were si… [face_mischief] ;)

and yes before you ask the bored college students name is Shadowsun...:p

Darth_Elu likes this.
  25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    LOVE A GOOD LORE DUMP!!! Hopefully, Delsanra from all her studying, will know some of this....heheheheh :p

Mitth_Fisto, Darth_Elu and Shadowsun like this.