main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Airwaves, Streams, Fibers & Cords: General TV Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 10, 2012.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm vulnerable to this nostalgia bait.

solojones likes this.
  2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    “Well this is well-written but I’m not so sure about this animation, it seems sti-”
    “Pinky and the Brain”

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    In celebration of the awesome news - an oldie but a goodie

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    Princess_Tina likes this.
  4. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    This may be of interest to Disney+ subscribers, especially if you were hoping to see more Fox movies in it:

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    "Tweet unavailable."

6. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Huh, that's odd I can still see it on my app. But here's a screenshot
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 and The2ndQuest like this.
  7. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    berta from two and a half men died yesterday, as was shared. it was sad, and it'd been a while since i watched an episode of two and a half men. went to CBS's streaming service, since it was on there for 12+ years, nothing. went to FX's streaming service, since it was in syndication there, nothing.

it's on ****ing peacock, the nbc site. why. this new streaming dystopia is confusing as hell.

also "premium" on peacock doesn't mean ad-free. you have to get "premium plus," which is another pay level up.

[​IMG]

Juliet316 and Princess_Tina like this.
  9. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Peacock *****

heels1785 likes this.
  10. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012

Dexter: The Lumberjack Chronicles.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    He only chops down the trees that are killers.

12. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Wonder if they're going to follow the books and reveal that Dexter was possessed by an actual demon.

13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Lovecraft country. I have some faint memory of hearing about Lovecraft and racism but never looked into it. So with this show I had to dig and of course he was horrible. Excellent first episode.

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've been enjoying it. Last episode is on Sky Atlantic here in the UK tonight. I'll record and watch tomorrow. The book the show is based on is pretty good as well.

16. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Apparently the Willow sequel TV series has been greenlit.
    https://www.darkhorizons.com/willow-sequel-series-is-a-go-at-disney/
    I actually think this has a lot of potential. I remember Willow being considered a disappointment at the time it came out (people were hoping it would be the new Star Wars), but these days everyone seems to like it - certainly my appreciation of it has gone up since I first saw it on video in the 80's.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It'll be interesting to see if they draw upon the sequel novels any- probably not as a whole, but take ideas from Lucas's story. Certainly a world with a lot of potential.

18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Eagerly waiting for the angry Willow EU fans to burn their stuff in the backyard.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  19. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I loved watching "Willow" over and over as a kid. I remember rewinding and re-watching the scene where the little pixie character fell in the beer barrel and got drunk. I would need to revisit as an adult as I don't get the current "hype"; I just chalk it up a cult following similar to "Rocky Horror Picture Show".

I also didn't realize there were sequel novels, so that's interesting. I might check out the show pending what else I might be watching at the time.

Speaking of which, lots of shows are returning this month. Here's what I'm looking forward to:
    • The Goldbergs - tonight at 8 PM (1 hour)
    • The Conners - tonight at 9 PM
    • The Eric Andre Show - Mon, 10/26 (2 episodes)
    • This Is Us - Tue, 10/27 (2 hours)
    • Superstore - Thu, 10/29
    • Mando S2 - Fri, 10/30

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, "Chronicles of the Shadow War Trilogy" (Shadow Moon, Shadow Dawn & Shadow Star), story outline by Lucas, written by Claremont. I never had the chance to read them myself, but the impression I got from those that did was that they had a lukewarm to terrible reception.
    Took place 15 years after the film, portrayed Elora Danan as a bratty teenager, had Willow's name changed to Thorn Drumheller and killed off Madmartigan and Sorsha at the beginning. But the Brownies survived at least!

BigAl6ft6 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  21. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I know Val Kilmer has been battling throat cancer and maybe he's coming back to acting with his quick appearance in "Jay and Silent Bob Reboot" and his upcoming involvement with "Top Gun: Maverick". Therefore, it would be cool if he was tapped for the upcoming Willow show. I would like to see the "Madmartigan" name/character be part of the story moving forward as I remember a "buddy cop" vibe between Warwick and Val that I liked.

In researching the actors, I didn't realize that Joanne Whalley aka Sorsha was married to Kilmer in real life for 8 years back when the movie was made. I recall some real chemistry between the two in the film so that tracks. I hope she is brought back as well.

Reflecting back on my memories of the movie, I get a "Legend of Zelda" vibe where Madmartigan and Willow are kind of the Link character, Madmartigan being the physical element and Willow being the magical element, Elora being the Zelda character, and Queen Bavmorda as Ganon. So with that in mind and knowing Disney, this is where my mind goes:

Somehow, Bavmorda has returned.

[​IMG]

The2ndQuest likes this.
  22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  23. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Anime-niacs

genius

24. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I want my Keifer Fugitive, hurry up and sell it to Netflix whoever not Quibi made it!