main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Sweet, $18 a month to just drown in superhero comics is not bad considering how horrendously cost ineffective the medium usually is.

Edit: Quoting for a new page

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I have not seen this hit sources I like, but I keep seeing headlines that Cavill has signed a new 3 picture Superman deal.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    the source is some snyder cut weirdo blogger, but were it to happen, it'd be great.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Sadly, you just know it won't include a Man of Steel sequel.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    john cena's announced that his character in the upcoming gunn version of suicide squad, "peacemaker," will be receiving his own hbo max project.

the marketing is interesting:

[​IMG]

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The Gunn film is a good start for the character, hopefully the show follows suit.

heels1785 likes this.
  8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Well, looks like Snyder is actually getting the reshoots he wanted for Justice League, despite the THR article published back in May announcing the cut indicating that wouldn't happen. The shoot, "is expected to bring back Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman for new scenes." Ray Fisher is also scheduled to show up for the reshoots, and despite the headline, nothing in the article suggests his participation will be impacted, but it does seem it will affect whether or not he cameos in The Flash.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...w-justice-league-shoot-amid-ray-fisher-claims

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I saw a report that Fisher only started his tirade when he was offered a cameo in The Flash. Also this bit from that report adds some context. Seems there was tension but also not enough cash offered for Flash and it snowballed. (Affleck basically quit being Batman after this too!):

Insiders recall to THR that the Justice League reshoots conducted by Whedon were a messy and hastily assembled affair. Snyder left the project in May 2017, ahead of a November release date. Whedon had to cram an extensive rewrite and reshoot and take over postproduction. One person present at the reshoots describes a set filled with tension and says the director was difficult with actors. But this person also says they did not witness physical or other abuse. Johns and Berg were under pressure, another insider notes, as they were trying to deliver a tentpole and knew their jobs were on the line. Whedon did jettison many of Fisher’s scenes, according to sources, and his directing style is described as the opposite of Snyder’s collaborative approach. It also is unclear if Fisher filed a complaint at the time.

Fisher is in talks with Warner Bros. to make a cameo in The Flash, a Justice League spinoff movie due to shoot next year. He has options negotiated for future appearances, including cameos, beyond the initial film. But in earlier drafts of the Flash script, Cyborg was a much more active player than the one in the current script. Sources say the studio exercised its option for Flash, even upping its negotiated price for what’s described as a three-scene appearance. Fisher’s side countered with a figure doubling that. Warners turned that down, and negotiations have remained stalled for weeks.

Although since he mentions the same people and never has said anything bad about Synder he'll probably show. Anyway, I just hope that whatever it is they shoot it's an actual ending and not a teaser for Zack Synders Justice League II.

At least they confirmed it's a 4 part miniseries as opposed to a 4 hour single sit which would have been intolerable.

I wonder if this line in DCEU Flash's cameo in CW's Crisis "I told Victor this would work!" was a reference to Cyborg's role in the script at the time.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  10. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    New release dates for a few movies. The Batman is now moving from 1 October 2021 to 4 March 2022, The Flash is moving from 3 June 2022 to November 4, 2022, and Shazam: Fury of the Gods is getting bumped from it's original 4 Nov 22 dates all the way to 2 June 2023. Black Adam is now undated, having previously been scheduled for 22 December 2021. Wonder Woman 1984 is still on for Christmas Day this year, and The Suicide Squad hasn't budged from its August 2021 release date.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I can't imagine WW84 is staying on its current date.

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Was hoping for the Arrowverse Diggle version.

Master_Lok likes this.
  14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Can't be any worse than the cartoon (the only Timmverse blight). But with Jordan attached I have high hopes they'll deliver on the character's potential.

16. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    heels1785 likes this.
  17. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Hello, Injustice League...

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Read that they're dropping 70 million on the additional shooting which technically blows a hole in the theory that it was finished sitting in a box. I don't hate Leto's Joker but I get the feeling this'll just add more grimdark to a movie that was actually better when they stripped the grimdark out. But still, undistilled Zack Synder is worth a curiosity watch though. I can do 4 1 hour episodes weekly as opposed to 4 hrs at once.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    Yodaminch likes this.
  19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I wonder if they're 2-for-one'ing things and bringing in Leto for these scenes and any additional work that might be wanted for a potential SS Goyer Cut follow-up on the service- effectively using JL to eat-up (or share) the start-up costs and make it financially viable as a project?

20. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Look, something DC that has nothing to do with the Snyder Cut!

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    pym have you seen the new animated short collection, batman: death in the family. i think the blu ray version is interactive, choose-your-path.

the digital version got review-bombed on amazon, but looks intriguing. unlike the snyder cut.

also how is retired life? the red looks pretty solid. also you can block anyone you want now.

22. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Not yet, but I've been planning to. I know apart from the branching paths the story can take, it's technically a prequel to the Under the Red Hood animated film, which I liked a lot. Any particular reason the digital version is getting review bombed?

And retired life is great, posting is so much more thrilling with the risk of being banned by your former colleagues tacked onto it :p

heels1785 likes this.
  23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    they bought this

[​IMG]

and left 1-star reviews bitching about the digital version not being interactive. based on the display of intellect, best guess is that they're trump voters - possibly even marvel fans.

glad to hear retirement is good thusfar. thank you for honoring your promise never to leave the dc thread unguarded.

24. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    [face_laugh][face_rofl]

[​IMG]

heels1785 likes this.
  25. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    TheChosenAlpha and heels1785 like this.