main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  2. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Noooo, she has eaten Chopper... I can see his little arm sticking out of the wanderer's mouth. :_|

DarthIshtar, gizkaspice and Gamiel like this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Anybody here planing to go pro?:

"Warhammer Horror Submissions: Open Now!

[​IMG]

Your chance to join the hallowed ranks of Black Library writers is here! The guardians of the sacred tomes (or Black Library’s editors, as they’re more commonly known) are getting into the Halloween spirit and looking for spine-chilling stories for the Warhammer Horror range.

There are four strands of horror that they’d like you to explore – Survival, Psychological, Gothic, and Cosmic. Each of these categories offers massive scope for telling terrifying tales across the Warhammer Age of Sigmar and Warhammer 40,000 settings. You can get detailed guidelines about what the editors are looking for, as well as a range of handy tips for planning and executing your devilish ideas, right here.

[​IMG]

You can submit your story ideas right now, and the window will remain open until the spookiest day of the year, the 31st of October. To submit, simply follow the link below and fill in the form with some personal details, a 100-word summary of your story, and a 500-word sample. If you’d like to view the terms and conditions that you’ll agree to by submitting your idea, you’ll find them at the same link, beneath the form.

[​IMG]

If you’re still seeking inspiration for your submission, or if you’ve sent it already and just want to settle back with some scary stories, check out the range of Warhammer Horror books and audio dramas already available. Whether you wish to experience classic vampire murder mysteries from the world-that-was, dark psychological horrors from the 41st Millennium, or a trip into the heart of darkness in the Mortal Realms, there are tales for you.

[​IMG]

Next week will also see five new Warhammer Horror stories released to whet your appetite for terror in the build-up to All Hallow’s Eve. Warhammer Horror Week will take you to the Realms of Fire and Death, where ailing warriors and idle nobles face the darkness within, and to far-future cities where murderers and their would-be hunters face shared destinies. You’ll be able to download each eBook individually or subscribe to read a new story each day from Monday to Friday.

[​IMG]

Get reading and writing, and make sure to submit your idea before the bell tolls on Halloween – and maybe next time there’s a Warhammer Horror week, you’ll be seeing your own name on a cover!"

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/19/warhammer-horror-submissions-open-now/

GregMcP likes this.
  4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    That's really cool they are doing that, Gamiel! I don't know anything about Warhammer, but I love the idea.

They decided we have new paper work to do for my job, it's not hard just annoying to do as it's really just micromanaging. But whatever, it's not a big deal. But the thing I take issue with and is a big deal is we have to go back and do all of this paper work for everything we've done since our new device launched in early MAY! [face_sigh]I seriously wonder who's idea that was because it's clear they don't have to do it.

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Fake it.

Write a horror promt and do some quick research so you throw in some Warhammer words and if they send you to the next level do some better research.

The Warhammer worlds are so large that neary anything is possible

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    mavjade likes this.
  6. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    I'm up to speed. Finally. Last episode of Season 1 of "The Mandalorian" was released today. Now waiting for s.2.

7. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Not looking forward to tomorrow. This evening I developed symptoms that could fit either a flu or COVID-19. Tomorrow afternoon I have an appointment at the local CVS pharmacy to get tested for COVID.

8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Whoah. So slow. Most of a year of memes for you to only half understand.

I've so far escaped the ol' cotton bud up the nose. Wish you the best.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  9. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Yeah, had to wait until Disney+ came to Norway - and they didn't until mid-september.

amidalachick, Gamiel and GregMcP like this.
  10. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I hope it's nothing. Crossing my fingers for you!

amidalachick and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Eeeek! Hopefully it's no COVID JC! (and that the test isn't too awful). Feel better soon, regardless of what it is)

So I got my end-of-contract "bonus" from the museum (basically instead of vacation pay and benefits, I just got an extra % of my total salary on my last pay check) so I decided to invest in a rowing machine. Over the past 3 years, I've gained a bit of weight (mainly from doing my master's degree from home meant my physical activity plummeted. After I moved I was working on losing it... and then Covid hit) so hopefully this will help, since I'm not going to go to the gym anytime soon and with winter coming (we actually had a massive blizzard here yesterday) not being able to get outside for walks is going to suck. So I figured this was best for both my physical and mental health. It's coming sometime late next week and I'm looking forward to it.

12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    The test is done. I went through the pharmacy drive-through. They sent out a brown paper bag with three plastic bags inside and walked me through the procedure over the speaker. I had to remove the swab from the package, stick it up my nose until it hurt (I was in a little bit of tears by the time it was over, but at least it wasn't the kind that has to go all the way to the back of the nasal cavity), and rotate it around until told to stop, then repeat in the other nostril. Then I had to put it into a test tube with some kind of liquid in it, break off the stick at a special mark, place that into a second plastic bag, seal it, and drop it in a specimen container mounted under the window, then use the wet wipe in the third bag to wipe that container down.

Now I have to set up an online chart account and wait for results.

Jedi Knight Fett and GregMcP like this.
  13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I was wondering how they do it in your part of the world. Letting a possible Covid carrier into the chemist seemed like a bad idea.

Having to do it yourself is a bit eyewatering.

14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    There's a variety of ways to do testing here, but the majority of testing from what I've seen is drive-through style. CVS pharmacy (where I went) uses the regular prescription drive-through, and does the whole thing with no physical contact. Other sites that have the type of test where the swab has to be pushed all the way to the back of the nasal cavity generally have a nurse or other provider perform the swab, but it's still usually done in the car.

Literally! My eyes were watering up as I did it. The nurse inside was timing me to tell me when to remove it, and you can bet I pulled it out the second I was told to do so.

Jedi Knight Fett and GregMcP like this.
  15. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    @CaraJinn I'm in Canada but I hadn't seen The Mandalorian until now either. My brother just got Disney+ so we watched all of Season 1. It was so good though, I'm excited for Season 2!

@jcgoble3 Oh yikes! I hope it's not COVID and you feel better soon! [:D]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  16. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    So sent two tweets to two amazing actors who are in the play I’m using for my year 9 class. Their version of Taming of the Shrew has literally been a life saver for engaging my class (and me). I figured they might like to know that it’s being loved and appreciated on the other side of the world..

And then they tweeted me back!!!

Excited squeee!!!!!!!! Literally dancing around the room which is silly but it was just so exciting.

I screen shotted the tweets and I've done a ppt to show my 9s tomorrow. They probably won't care but I do. :D[face_love]

17. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I started writing something but just can't finish it.

18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've had 6 (I think, I've started to lose count) COVID tests. A lot of the hospitals I'm going to for work are requiring them in the last 5 days so I keep having to get my brain tickled with a q-tip. What I hate the most is I feel like I have a sinus infection the next day (sinuses are sore, teeth on that side feel like they are going to fall out), but thankfully it goes away after a day. I feel like I should start rating the people. The guy who jammed it in there really fast and basically without warning, 1 star. The doctor who was very sweet, gentle, and calming, 5 stars!

My fingers are crossed for you @jcgoble3! Hopefully it's negative! And yeah, it always makes my eyes water too.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  19. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I felt that way too.

Thankfully, the extent of my symptoms today is a cough and a slightly runny nose (and a very stuffy nose). I just talked with my mom and she thinks it's just a head cold with some post-nasal drip. Obviously I will quarantine until I get my test results back but at this point I'll be surprised if it's positive. The actual COVID-like symptoms only lasted a few hours Friday night and began going away by Saturday morning even before I took the test, and now I'm left with just the cold-like symptoms that I had Friday morning.

Jedi Knight Fett and gizkaspice like this.
  20. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    @jcgoble3 So odd, I had almost the exact same thing a few weeks ago, except with a slight sore throat and post nasal drip. I was terrified as I live with a high-risk person and started wearing masks indoors just to be certain and thought about getting a test. I took some Advil and it got better.
    I think for me it's because of constant mask-wearing and then taking it off outside all out of a sudden and breathing in cold air and the change in sudden temperature messes up your nasal passage or something. Now I always have those symptoms whenever I do that which is why I...don't anymore [face_laugh] Gradual temperature adjustment is key.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  21. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    That's possible, since the temperature here has been yo-yoing. (Classic Ohio saying: "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes and it will change.") It was in the upper 70s F (low to mid 20s C) Thursday after several days that required jackets and hats. I typically only take my mask off when in my apartment or in my car, unless I'm eating at a restaurant (yes, I avoid the crowded ones, but if I don't dine in occasionally, I'll lose what little bit of sanity I have left).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I went pro several years ago and I have a short story already written for horror, but won’t submit to this one. My main problem with finding a home for the story is that it’s 6000 words and that is the lower limit of that story being able to be told. My published short stories have been between 7000 and 16000. I wrote it for an anthology last year, but it didn’t fit the stories they went with.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    My COVID test result came back quickly. As expected, it is negative. Probably just a head cold at this point (I have a cough, slightly runny nose, and some post-nasal drip).

24. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I mean, it sucks that you have a cold but I am relieved at the result! I hope you feel better soon.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  25. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Just had a pretty suprising experience. My W-Lan has been weakening quite a bit in the last few months, up to downloadrates as far as 0,1 MB per second. Then today I found an old LAN cable and decided to try to use it to connect the internet router with the computer. And the downloadrate completly skyroketed up to 40 MB per second. Even in the best W-Lan days it was 4-6 MB at best. Was kind of wondering wether this is real or not.