main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    watched first 2 eps of Raised by Wolves , directed by Ridley Scott , and its very much his sort of material , the androids even bleed white blood and the atmosphere is very like Prometheus.

2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I just finished Netflix's High Score documentary which covers games from the late 1970s to the early 1990s in six episodes (~1 hour each). Each episode was a lot of fun with information you probably already know or have heard, if you're a gamer, and maybe a few things that you didn't. It has a good mix of games that are highlighted, as well as a good mix of developers, designers, record holders/contestant winners, founders, and former CEOs. It really puts a good holistic perspective on what was going on in the video game industry during its formative years.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    tom, Darth Punk and Princess_Tina like this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Been watching the Simpsons for the first time just finished Wacking day in season 4. We’ll see how far into it I get

Princess_Tina likes this.
  4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Finishing off Raised By Wolves.

So, we end the season with a birth, a snake into Eden symbol, and said thing has apparently taken some of Mother's abilities so it can fly. Paul now has knowledge that they were not his real parents, so someone really is talking to people in their heads. Not sure how the planets geology works, the core is physically separated from the rest of the planet and they went right through it. I was hoping Marcus would meet his end as I am a bit tired of him.

Excellent show.

5. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I’m halfway through the final season (5) of the A-Team which to be honest I’ve found to be a bit of a struggle. Granted you can argue that after 4 series they needed a new direction. That came at the start of this in the form of a court hearing to finally clear their name, which never happened and so they became “the property” of Robert Vaughan’s General Stockwell to do covert missions for him. Those involved some missions abroad, probably shot just outside of LA somewhere with some fake steam added to make it seem like Vietnam for example. In reality you know something starring Vaughan (other than the Man from UNCLE) is going to be mediocre at best and I think that’s the best way to sum this season 5 up. Plus a big red flag is the change of theme tune too, which is now some synth abomination and they decided to add an extra team member too, who is a bit annoying and someone they try to force into the action and the forefront. With Robert Vaughan in the show what could be the cheesiest thing they can do??? That’s right a Man from UNCLE spoof episode starring David McCallum as the villain complete with the episode being divided into acts and the same scene wipes as that show too. I can see why the show is on the verge of being cancelled at this point.

Rogue1-and-a-half and Juliet316 like this.
  6. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    Final Space season 2. good fun.

7. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Brave New World (2020) s1 e6
    An imaginative updating of a beloved old classic (Fox Television's The O.C.), this sees the privileged but wimpy outcast Bernard (Seth) forced to take under his wing loser-kid-from-the-wrong-side-of-the-tracks, John (Ryan), who's keep-it-real street attitude ruffles the feathers of the elite of New London (the O.C.) and turns the eye of the beautiful but disaffected Lenina (Marissa). Can John teach the ineffectual Bernard to stand up to the good-looking alpha-bully Henry (Luke)? You bet he can! All this and gratuitous nudity, too.

Huxley, wherever you are: "Welcome to New London, bitch!"

----------------------------------------------------------​

I'm kind of hooked, though.[face_blush] This is why I can't have nice things.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'm almost halfway thru watching all of Schitt'$ Creek, I like the idea of watching the whole series in just a couple of weeks or so.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  9. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Especially under these circumstances, binging is a decent option to not going anywhere lol.
    I saw the first few eps of that show and it was quite humorous and fun.
    Enjoy!

10. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    Snowpiercer . pretty good so far. There's a murder plot which keeps it moving as well as all the issues of social hierarchy and politics.

AndyLGR likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just finished Treehouse of Horror 6 for the Simpsons currently on season 7

12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Agatha Christie’s Great Detectives Poirot & Marple: Padinton Hatsu Yonjigojubun (Sono Yon) Mapuru Hai Tannin (2005) – Yo****aka Makino, Naohito Takahashi

The series wraps up its best adaptation so far with part four of 4:50 from Paddington. The story leans into the emotional fall-out of the story and some of the side characters get really nice wrap-ups to their stories. The show has, I think, been slowly developing Mabel into a more mature character. I kind of picked up on it The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding where she was obviously older than the kid characters in the story. Then with this one, she really has gone out on her own and worked on her own to solve this mystery and by the time it ends, you can actually feel that she’s experienced something pretty serious and that she’s a more fully rounded person because of it. I wasn’t really anticipating that Mabel would be getting anything like a character arc in this show; not sure why not, maybe just because it's a kid’s show, but the show is definitely giving her character a little depth and I really appreciate that. Of course, next episode she’ll probably be turning backflips and giggling again. What is the next one anyway? Oh, it’s another train-centric story. Interesting. Okay, well, this four parter definitely kicked the show up a notch; here’s hoping they sustain that. 4 stars.

tl;dr – the most emotionally rich and well-characterized adaptation so far wraps up with a strong ending; I like that the show has started to develop Mabel as a more fully rounded character. 4 stars.

13. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    "Death and Dreams", a 6th season episode of "Midsomer Murders". Features a pretty twisty plot that had me fooled for quite a while, with a rather disturbing solution. Plus Troy and Cully have a brief, if ill-considered romantic moment.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  14. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer s2 e3 "School Hard"
    Though Buffy was one of my favourite shows ever, I haven't re-watched an episode in years (I used to re-watch them all the time, but there is so much more content out there now I'm usually trying to catch up with new shows). Anyway, seasons 2 and 3 of Buffy are the show at its peak, imo, and School Hard is a great episode, introducing Spike and Dru in a typically beautifully paced, sharply written instalment that knows how to mix great dialogue and action. All the characters work well, with the actors are still fresh and enthusiastic: principal Snyder is as wonderful an antagonistic authority figure to Buffy as J. Jonah Jameson is to Peter Parker (you love him and hate him all at the same time), Spike and Dru are creepy yet entertaining as two of the best villains the series ever produced, and the chemistry between the regulars is perfect. The 45 minutes or so just flew by.

PCCViking and Juliet316 like this.
  15. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    Away
    Hilary Swank .
    1st episode , I didn't believe any of it , I mean it was all so phony and cliche.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just finished season 8 of the Simpsons nearing the end of what most fans think were the golden years

17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Fargo season 4 episode 1. Need to get caught up now... Loving it so far.

18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The Unicorn Season 1
    A surprising good CBS show. First 18 episodes are on Netflix. Season 2 premieres this November.

Premise: Walton Goggins, a landscaper with two daughters, decides to date a year after his wife's death. He is joined by a solid supporting cast. It's not as corny or as funny as Modern Family when it was at its best but we really enjoyed it. It's more grounded, has a lot of heart, and it's definitely funny. I'd recommend giving it a shot. Bonus: episodes are only 21 minutes long.

19. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Finally watching Raised by Wolves.
    Pretty good original sci-fi, but psycho android Mother is quite Dr Manhattan overpowered compared to the technology of everyone else. She's homicidally fun though.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  20. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Season 1 Episode 9 of the Wire (4th time watching it)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    "Duel at Sundown" on "Maverick". Very clever episode. And one of the guest stars was some guy called Clint Eastwood. I'm pretty sure I've seen him in some movie a while back. I think it was "Revenge of the Creature".

22. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    "Jack on Trial for Murder" on "The Jack Benny Program". Jack is charged with murdering a rooster (it's complicated), and is defended by Perry Mason. But things don't turn out well. Very funny episode.

christophero30 likes this.
  23. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I'm binge watching Happy Days at the moment. Only gonna watch it til Ritchie leaves, because there is only so much Scott Baio I can take. The first 4 seasons are really good though.

Kenneth Morgan and Juliet316 like this.
  24. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    The Queen's Gambit ep2
    Anya Taylor-Joy's big expressive eyes own the camera this episode. This mini-series about an orphan girl who becomes a chess grandmaster is pretty engrossing so far. I'm looking forward to the next episode of pill-popping and piece-taking.

25. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    After they graduate high school, the show stopped being recognizably about the 50s, and just became a generic sit-com.

Juliet316 and christophero30 like this.