main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Where are you watching them? Last I checked only the first 6 seasons were available anywhere

christophero30 likes this.
  2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    My birthday was last week. My sister knows I like the show so she got me seasons 1-6 on DVD.

3. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    That's what I thought. They never released any more seasons after that. And Opie stuck around as a series regular through season 7, so you'll be watching up until his next-to-last season as a regular.

4. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Once the original gang moved on and they focused on Joanie/Chachi and friends the show got real bad fast. I'm on season 2 now. I've heard 3 is the peak. I've watched it but it's been years. They used to run reruns a lot in the 80's. I like Laverne and Shirley too.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Princess_Tina likes this.
  5. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Episode of Law and Order SVU with Meg Whitman(Scott Pilgrim vs the World, The perks of being a wallflower) as the victim of abuse.

6. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Wasn't she in the Duff as well? She's terrific.

7. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    I think so.

Is that with Green arrow's cousin or am i thinking of the wrong movie

8. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    its a comedy. I don't know who GA's cousin is.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  9. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    The Haunting of Bly Manor by no means am I a horror film fan, but I watched the Haunting of Hill House and really enjoyed that and so naturally I watched the new one set in Bly Manor. Its a story being told in flashback about an American nanny who travels to England to take a job looking after 2 children in Bly Manor, 2 difficult children who's previous nanny drowned on the grounds of the estate. The manor is obviously haunted, but who by and what is their power over the children? The new nanny is also dealing with a ghost of her own in the shape of her dead boyfriend and who is the mysterious man that she is seeing in the grounds of the manor?

First off this is not as good as the Haunting of Hill House, it doesn't have that same horror and dread that series had. Yes its creepy, but.... in the middle episodes I felt that the jumping between the same scenes from different perspectives lost me for a touch, then you realise whats going on and it was at that point that it stopped being creepy and unnerving for me. Don't get me wrong this is very well done and is well worth a watch, but its got a lot to live up to after the first series. There are some good performances throughout, especially from the kids.

A couple of things that confused me....
    why was the uncle seeing the ghost of himself in his office when the uncle wasn't actually dead? What happened to the nannys ghost boyfriend, he suddenly stopped appearing to her and it was if that had been forgotten about unless I missed something

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    The Amazing Race Season 2 episode 8.

Without any Survivor this year and with TAR all on Hulu, I decided to start watching it... And I am loving it!

Juliet316 and christophero30 like this.
  11. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    MeTV runs "Happy Days" weeknights at 6:30 and on Sunday afternoons. They're in the post-Richie period now.

Princess_Tina and christophero30 like this.
  12. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The Queen's Gambit ep3
    Sometimes I have to pause this because I worry a disaster is coming and I don't feel ready to deal. It's very good TV, though.

GregMcP and Rylo Ken like this.
  13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hi, my name is Frieda and I'm watching The Expanse Season 1 Episode 1 again for the 5th time in 5 months.

I may have a problem.

NO I don't!

14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Binged the whole thing yesterday.
    Great to the end.

The Queen of Katwe but not set in the slums of Uganda.

soitscometothis likes this.
  15. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Just finished EP4. Hold onto your hat.

GregMcP and soitscometothis like this.
  16. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    Watched Suits 7x13 last night

17. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Episode 4 down: OMG, my hat is positively clutched!

Rylo Ken likes this.
  18. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Finished the series. So good.

Best thing ever:
    I have no intention of saying any of this.
    Why not?
    Because it’s ****ing nonsense.

GregMcP likes this.
  19. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Finally finished the final half of the last season of The A Team. I think that the first half of this season was very mediocre, but I have to say that there were some much better episodes as the show was coming to its conclusion. There was one really terrible one where they have to find a crystal skull, but other than that I felt that it ended much better than this season began. It was noticeable how they changed the dynamic of the show, BA was sidelined for a lot of it it seemed, the new character they introduced to the team got way too much screen time for me, Murdoch was front and centre in more episodes and he continued to be the best thing about the show.

Granted it did need freshening up after 4 seasons, but they completely ditched elements that made the show iconic, helping those being oppressed or wronged in some way was gone for them being sent on missions by a shady government operative. Also gone was the standard building a flame throwing tank out of one cabbage and a kiddies bike, I don't recall that happening in this season. The addition of them lounging around a swanky pad with a bevvy of beauties whilst they were waiting to go on a mission was a strange choice too.

In the final 2 episodes they obviously knew the show could end as Murdoch was wearing a t-shirt in one that said 'almost fini' and in the next he was wearing one that said 'fini'. In the last episode as we see the new character being carried off in a bit of a jokey scene at an old folks home, this leaves the original 4 members to discuss what they'll do now this is all over. Quite telling really because the new lead was unnecessary I think. Also bear in mind that for some reason they swapped the last 2 episodes over when it aired, so the last episode was for some reason the penultimate episode. I watched them as it intended. Overall it was good to go back through them and relive part of my childhood, and in the main it held up to repeat viewing.

Juliet316 and christophero30 like this.
  20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Who Want's To Be A Millionaire S2E2 "In the Hot Seat: Julie Bowen and Firefighter Oliver Fry"

Along with the celebrities, they added first responders to the second season hosted by Jimmy Kimmel. So after Tiffany Haddish played in S2E1, they had a fire fighter named Oliver Fry who was genuinely a nice guy and you could tell that Jimmy wanted him to win a lot of money as well and kind of helped him inadvertently answer a harder question. I don't remember how much he won so I can't spoil it if you haven't watched it yet.

Once Oliver was done, Julie Bowen ("Modern Family") was in the hot seat. She's doing good so far and she'll be continuing into next week. It was funny how she was able to answer one of the questions thanks to one of the episode of Modern Family.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Why the heck is Wayne Brady consigned to working game shows? I’ve always thought he was hilarious and can play/sing almost anything (The German Techno tune he sang on, ‘my car is a metaphor‘ had me rolling.)

Ryan Stiles is funny too (Sadly, not as funny on Twitter) and Colin Mockrey still brings it.

Glad this is still on the air. It can be super funny.

christophero30 and PCCViking like this.
  22. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Finished The Queen's Gambit. Just so good. I teared up a little in places, and that's rare for me. Anya Taylor-Joy is sure to get a Golden Globe nomination.

23. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I watched the season 2 episode of Happy Days the Christmas episode. Fonzie tells everyone he is going to his rich cousin's house and Ritchie finds him eating a can of ravioli alone in his garage so he invites him home. Older brother Chuck makes a rare appearance (he's away at college). The show kind of forgets about him after this.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Kenneth Morgan and Juliet316 like this.
  24. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    It was even funnier when Drew Carey was the host. My favorite skits are Props and Scenes from a Hat.

Master_Lok and christophero30 like this.
  25. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Agreed, I miss Drew.