main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Pandemics in the Age of Globalization: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion: See OP Warning

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Punk , Jan 21, 2020.

1. Fifi Kenobi

Fifi Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2019
    That's exactly what happened. I did read somewhere that the shortage will be paper towels but that TP would be ok.

Pensivia and Juliet316 like this.
  2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    On another note, I got my flu shot yesterday.

Nobody145, PCCViking, Rew and 8 others like this.
  3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  4. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    el paso, tx has implemented a curfew between 10p and 5a, as their ICUs are now at 100% capacity.

sad, infuriating.

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The War on Christmas is over. The Republican Party killed it. A twist worthy of Shyamalan.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They killed it by killing everyone who could play the mall Santa

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I just can't believe Trump's vaccine distribution plan was literally to outsource it to Santa and his elves.

9. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Makes sense, since his vaccine plan is as real as Santa and the elves.

10. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Some swine found nothing better to do than discard a used handkerchief in my mailbox :mad:

Pensivia and heels1785 like this.
  11. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Would you expect anything less @Ghost from this administration? The scary part is sort of right in that you need to get the word out about vaccines by having lots of PSA and the like. Vaccinating Santa Claus is not the way to do it. The CDC has an entire playbook for how to do this not only for the COVID-19 vaccine but also the flu vaccine because remember there was supposed to be a huge push to have everyone get the flu shot. Ummmmmm where is it? I have not seen a single PSA encouraging people to get the flu shot nor seen any specials or anything like that. Again I fully expect Trump even if a vaccine to come out and be effective, poo poo it. "Do what you want" will be his answer. Like South Park said, he will crap on anything including a vaccine which is as even the WHO now admits is the key to ending this pandemic.

And speaking of a vaccine,

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/26/oxf...y-triggers-immune-response-among-adults-.html

Again seems like were trending towards getting some good news before Christmas. *fingers crossed*

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Slovakia has done a trial run of mass testing over the weekend, with the intention to test the entire population (or most of it). Just under 141 thousand people (91%) participated in the voluntary antigen testing in four districts with the highest number of cases, and just under 5600 came out as positive. It will be interested to see how the full national testing goes.

Pensivia likes this.
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Lordban likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Fox News must be suffering a lot you know with COVID effecting their demographics the most.

15. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    A relative of mine has had COVID cases reported at the elementary level in the school district where they work.

The administration asked all teachers in all grade levels to turn in digital versions of seating charts for the end of the day. Sounds like an attempt at some sort of in-house contact tracing.

No public statement has been released about this yet. And in house no info on how many students and staff have tested positive either.

Asked if a public statement would be made the administration answered "Of course not! Parents go crazy when they hear about lice case. Can you imagine if they hear about COVID?!?!?!?"

This is going to be interesting.

16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's an interesting idea assuming they can really get non-participants to stick to the mandatory 10 day quarantine. The problem is that I think you'd ideally keep testing rates at a really high level, but none of the European nations seem willing to do that.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Yeah, that might be very tricky. We'll see how it goes.

18. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    The bottleneck is processing tests.

19. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    My boss' children's father tested positive, and since she had just gone home with the children over the weekend when she got to know she has put herself in quarantine. I can see in her calendar that she couldn't get a time for testing until Wednesday, and after that it's another 48 hours to get the results. It would be so good if there was a quicker way to get tested, and get a return of the results.

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, that seems to be a decent part of it.

On a somewhat related note, apparently there's now a blanket 21:00-5:00 curfew here beginning on Wednesday. Finally, a lockdown measure that doesn't affect my boring ass at all. :p

Lordban, Runjedirun, Pensivia and 3 others like this.
  21. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    The only plans of his that aren't wishful thinking are those for mistreating and abusing migrants, packing the courts, and making things better for the super rich.

22. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Yuck! Bleach the entire thing.

Pensivia likes this.
  23. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Big surge in COVID rule-outs at my hospital last night. Meanwhile a nurse I know who works there posted a picture on Facebook from a shoulder-to-shoulder Trump rally she attended today. Mask wearing looked to be less than 10% of the attendees.

Winter is coming.

24. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    It's gonna be a tough winter :(

25. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    In the US anyway may politicians were abjectly against this.

Better testing meant more positive cases. And they didn't want numbers to go up in the short term for those numbers.

And ever since there is this fear of testing and number bump even while numbers go up anyway. If they'd just set this system from the start - we could control the VIRUS now and could see a decrease in number thanks to more accurate, more available, faster testing.

I really think in mid summer a purposeful effort was made to hide cases and under report cases. This is still happening but COVID outbreaks are so wide spread now it's impossible to hide it. I still suspect it's higher than we are being told.

This fall and winter is going to be a nightmare. Everyone will be effected. Does anyone know what percent of people who get sick with COVID supper longterm effects?

Runjedirun, Rew and Princess_Tina like this.