main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Halloween in 2020

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kenneth Morgan, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I'm a bit surprised that no one has started a thread for this year's Halloween, unless I missed something. Anyway, I figured I'd start it with a video on Halloween safety, as interpreted by the Mads.
    Be advised: some adult language.

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Probably because Halloween 2020 is the very least of anyone’s concerns.

Adam of Nuchtern and Rylo Ken like this.
  3. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I will be eating an entire pumpkin pie over the course of Halloween day/night this year.[face_pumpkin]

Runjedirun likes this.
  4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Where am I gonna show off my slutty SARS-CoV-2 costume?

5. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Just trying to provide a little relief, here.

Myself, I'll be listening to the Mercury Theater "War of the Worlds" on Friday, followed by "Joel Hodgson's Puppet Camp" special. And on the 3st, as soon as the Rutgers game is done, I'll watch "Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man" on Svengoolie, then "Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein". And I'll start on whatever candy is left over.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I’m not paying extra.

Rylo Ken, harpua and SuperWatto like this.
  7. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Halloween does *not* give you a pass on appropriating slut culture [face_shame_on_you]

8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    They usually have this Halloween event in World of Tanks each year, where you fight against ghostly/undead/demonic tanks...so I've been playing a bit of that. How can tanks be undead or demonic? Who knows...it doesn't have to make sense. It sounds silly and humorous, but when you're actually in-game they manage to make it rather spooky and believable.

Siphonophore likes this.
  9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Arlol thread.

SuperWatto and Diggy like this.
  10. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Ah, yes. Let's be thankful for the bounty offered by nature this year.

11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I remember a comic book from when I was just a kid, many moons ago, titled The Haunted Tank. It was a WW2 M4 Sherman, haunted by the ghost of Robert E Lee, IIRC. Don't ask me anything else about it, cuz that's all I remember.

12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    ITT we learn that Sarge unwittingly consumed LSD instead of candy as a child.

harpua, Lordban and Alpha-Red like this.
  13. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Well we've got the internet now, I'm sure if we do a little poking around...

Is it this? https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Haunted_Tank

Though it's a M3 Stuart tank, and it's haunted by J.E.B. Stuart. There is another more recent "Haunted Tank" comic, but that one came out in 2009 so it can't be what you're thinking of.

Juliet316 and Diggy like this.
  14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    ITT we learn Alpha-Red is a...zzzzzz...tank tank!....zzzzzzz

Alpha-Red likes this.
  15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Only messing AR[:D]

16. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    We are sorta doing Halloween. We are decorating the backyard and the kiddo's club house, and dressing up her stuffed toys in costumes. We are all dressing up too because heck yeah. She's going to go trick or treating to the different stuffed toys, who'll have a bucket with candy, crayons, stickers and small toys.

There will be a bucket of chocolates outside on a table for those who dare, but it is take at your own risk. We aren't answering the door. One brave kid can take the whole thing if they wanted.

[face_pumpkin] [face_pumpkin] [face_pumpkin]

EDIT: Teh GRAMMARZ

Runjedirun and Siphonophore like this.
  17. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    This is one of the best things I've seen in a while.

Pensivia likes this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

Alpha-Red likes this.
  19. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Speaking of tanks and haunted beings, I wonder if the film Panzer 88 will ever be made. It would take place in October of 1944 in Russia, and star a King Tiger tank (Tiger II) and its crew versus a "sleeping, ancient, supernatural entity". Producer Gary Kurtz passed away in 2018, but hopefully, others who were involved in the project, such as Weta's Richard Taylor, Peter Jackson, co-producer Ivor Powell, and director/co-writer Peter Briggs, will eventually make it happen.
    https://bloody-disgusting.com/inter...rt-for-panzer-88-fresh-interview-with-briggs/
    Video presentation featuring Peter Briggs and Gary Kurtz:

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Barely had anyone show up last year even without a pandemic so really not expecting anyone or setting up (aside from like two small non-carved pumpkins just for the season). Bought a box of candy just for family members though (even some for myself I've been gluttonously munching on all month ahahha) and if some enterprising individuals do actually knock on the door I'll side it down a cardboard tube like Canada's top Health Officer Tersa Tam suggested to maintain a semblance of distance. (she also suggested end of a hockey stick but that seems like it could go awry in multiple ways).

Gonna try to give the newest Halloween movie a rewatch and Much has Promethesus and Alien Covenant on back2back all day, and Evil Dead 2 is on Rewind channel at 9 so I'm kinda set.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  21. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    If you can think of another year in recent memory where a holiday all about death would be more fitting, I'd love to hear it.

Diggy and Juliet316 like this.
  22. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    9/11 anniversary [face_skull]

Diggy , Lordban and harpua like this.
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Too soon!

Sarge likes this.
  24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Still funny, though.

25. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    February 14th.

Not seared in US minds, I'll grant, but the midpoint of the one conventional bombing that killed more than Hiroshima.