main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Hooper McFinney's RPF Bar & Grille 7.5 - "Loving the lens flare since 1977!” -!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Penguinator, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I'm still amazed this game is still going on, with new Disney canon and all. Can you still buy it?

*I follow both of those guy's channels on YouTube. Very smart dude.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  2. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Yup, on Steam, there you can find the mod for free. It is amazing and love that they are still developing it.

Also there is a Clone Wars mod by them too.

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    It’s great they are still actively developing it

Thanks for the reminder :p I still yet to go back and attempt to complete it... as best I can without siding with Imperial or Stormcloak.

4. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Is this that Star Wars Strategy game? Empire at war or something like that?

5. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Yup, it is

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    settles down only 24 hours late to write

7. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Hello RPF

Quick announcement: @Darth_Elu and @spacelady are currently without power and therefore unable to access the boards at this time, due to inclement weather in their area ( real talk, not a halloween prank). A windstorm is knocking down trees, etc and said power outage is a fire prevention method. Will report any updates as they come. Thank you for your time.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  8. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Oh wow, send them my best wishes, hope they get power back soon! :)

9. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Not from me! Tell @Darth_Elu to get on a stationary bike to generate his own electricity like Gilligan did!
    [​IMG]

10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    They'll be back soon I hope, this place is his life blood especially........I suspect she'd survive but him? Nope.. :p

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you for the update, Grey. :)

Oh, Grey, don't forget about your tag waiting in The Kingdom. I'm getting Palso keyboard happy. :p

Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I have some shame to admit...........

I didn't like Jedi Fallen Order.

At first. I think my feelings on the game are slowly changing. Although its discouraging its taken this long to change my mind on it.

I've had the game since May 4th and its taken me this long to get through to the wind tunnel ball thingy level. Well I was really discouraged, especially after defeating the AT-ST so easily (basically repeat Shadows of the Empire tactics---follow it around the strike at the legs). Then I found the Republic cruiser on that same level and went back and fixed my ScompLink on the droid. Now, finally, I think I'm actually enjoying the game---access to the Imperial mining base was well worth the ScompLink repair. Which excited me---the base was well done and well thought out.

Although I have to say, I think Force Unleashed I & Force Unleashed II had a better personal connection storyline (it had a vested interest that tied directly into the GL Canon at the time and the Rebel Alliance and you, at least I, felt like I could feel Starkiller's pain---Jedi Fallen Order, I don't get that feeling), especially the first game. And I think I liked Battlefront II a bit more then I do straight-up Force power/lightsaber games. If they can do a Jedi character/first-person shooter character (lightsaber/blaster) combo character for a game, I'd be down for that completely.

I know Jedi Fallen Order is the game right now and my comments may be seen as...less than liked by some. And trust me, I love the focus on single player campaign (great choice) verses multiplayer online crap with a toned down campaign (I don't game online---I like the feeling of just me playing a game). But I think the Force Unleashed (at least FU One) was better storyline wise.

13. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    @Bravo I have had Jedi Fallen Order for about 3 months and haven't played it past the first level. As soon as I started playing it, I stopped, redownloaded The Force Unleashed and played alittle bit of that.

I think I will enjoy Fallen Order. It does take me some time and investment to get into 3rd person action adventure games. There was something, however, about the Force Unleashed that seemed...I guess for me, closer to the EU that I imagined. Fallen Order feels closer to the movies. There's nothing wrong with that, I've just always been a bigger fan of the EU than the movies (ESB aside). I feel a bit disconnected from Fallen Order and I abhor the lack of meaningful customization that I have seen so far.

But, like you, I'm going to give it another chance soon, but I share some of your sentiments.

*Runs off giggling about the responses to the combos he's sent tonight*

:D:D

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Oh, you're not alone. Sadly, Tomb Raider with Lightsabers ( Cal Croft ) did not do it for me, especially since gameplay for Fallen Order has very little in common with previous Jedi Academy ( or Jedi Outcast ) games. Was never a fan of the puzzle-crawler, never will be. Will I finish the game someday? *shrugs* I really wanted to like it. Here's hoping Fallen Order 2 has more 'true' Star Wars adventures and a whole lot less puzzles, otherwise I'll just stay on Destiny 2 for my Force-like light show.

TFU was a superior game experience than TFU2. Terrible, terrible story on the second re-imagening.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  15. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Destiny 2.... ON WHAT SYSTEM GREY?

And that’s it! It totally seemed like it didn’t have anything in common with other Star Wars games. Lara Croft with a lightsaber... that’s pretty accurate. :p

Though no Lara Croft slander!

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Agreed. Always love for Ms. Croft.[face_blush]

PS4. Your inbox. You need glasses. o_O :p

*Off to do some 'farming'. [face_laugh]

17. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    And I finally got Dragon Age Inquisition :D

But first to finish AC Syndicate

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    My go to lightsaber game will always be Jedi Academy. Post-Endor with a Legends reference a second? Marka Ragnos? The ruins of Byss? Battle of Korriban finale?

Alrighty then.

19. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Thanks for the warm wishes, everyone. :) Thank you for notifying everyone again, @greyjedi125!

@Adalia-Durron pretty much nailed it. [face_blush]

Even sneaking on for a moment on my phone despite it not being the wisest! Heh. What? Can’t sleep. :p

Checking PMs then may attempt one subpar post then will disappear again before battery dies! [face_laugh]

20. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
  21. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Be safe my friend. The board will be here, eagerly awaiting your full return. Family, health, and home are the important things right now.

22. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Thank you, @darthbernael. A voice of reason as always. :)

My job now done, I vanish into the darkness (quite literally) once more! :kylo:

23. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Interestingly I know you better than you thought I did ............ ;)

darthbernael likes this.
  24. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    Stalker alert!

darthbernael likes this.
  25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    This is exactly my problem with Tom Raider Fallen Order. It lacks ALL of the above. [face_dunno]

But enough of that. I know of a certain sith that needs to coordinate with other likeminded fellows or it's the end of the world as they know it ( again, but for good!) [face_devil]

For the Order!!!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020