main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It would be interesting to come up with who may be involved in this potential new series as well as what scenarios might be taking place. Obviously the search for Ezra with Sabine would be at the forefront. But what else? Thrawn? Sure. Any run ins with Rebellion/The New Republic and/or Empire/The First Order? Possibly. You never really know. Maybe it could possibly offer some closer to open questions about TCW characters left out like Barriss Offee.

2. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    If they bring back Thrawn, he'll come with Palleon in tow. Also, maybe Thrawn's penchant for cloning? Maybe a crazed clone of a certain Force user he's been around...? Heck, even a clone of Thrawn himself, just as Bantam had in the background.

No way they go all the way into bringing this many Rebels characters back without Hera. And then we also would have Jacen Syndhulla.

I'd be shocked if some character wasn't brought in with some kind of ties to Rae Sloane.

And there's still Kaz out there somewhere, he could be brought in, and they could totally spin off another fighter pilot series like Rogue Squadron was.

I think there's alot of room to combine what worked from the old EU canon with what has worked in the new Disney canon.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Admiral Daala and her Moff-gassing crazyness.

[​IMG]

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well let's not get too carried away. I brought up Barriss and Ezra because they had direct relationships with Ahsoka over the canon years. Hera and her son would certainly fit right in.

5. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    The Clone Wars were saved and we got to see the final season with the long awaited Siege of Mandalore. Then again, not all stories got to be told. I wish so bad that one of the said stories that involves an ancient sith shrine underneath the jedi temple got made. Ahsoka manages to stop Sidious' nefarious plans then and there, barely escaping with her life. Just sounds so dope to me!

I suppose their face-off in Rebels was an iteration of the Clone Wars face-off. Do you think Ahsoka will ever get to interact with Sidious again?

6. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Given that the planets Wayland and Myrkr are canon and the Ysalamiri do exist by way of Thrawn's statues I wonder if they'll ever appear on screen somewhere? I know the idea of the Ysalamir has been debated but we've had so many add-ons to the Force lately something to combat it would present a new challenge. Force users are capable of cutting themselves off completely so why would the idea of a species being able to suppress them be so far fetched?

7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I don't think it is far fetched at all. If the story calls for them, they will be used more.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think they should be changed so that they don't cancel people to use the force.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Why?

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Because the force lives inside all things and all life is apart of the force, you do not change that.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed. If there is air present to breathe, there is the Force. If there is ground or water or anything remotely elemental, the Force is present. If an environment can cancel the Force, people ought to also be suffocating while attempting to breathe. It should be a place devoid completely of life.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It was difficult to follow what the video's poster was saying; was he talking about an arc that was never released, or one that was released later maybe? We did see an arc about breaking into the Temple to retrieve the Holocron; but it was of course Cad Bane (hired by Sidious) who infiltrated it. And he was showing images of the Yoda arc from Season 6, where we saw Yoda visiting the Sith Temple while Sidious and Dooku were conjuring up some Force magic over a cauldron.

In the grand scheme of things, Ahsoka didn't really mean much to Sidious other than her being Anakin's Padawan. You could make the argument that his presiding over her trial in Season 5 might've been seen as an opportunity for him to ditch one more hurdle to gain Anakin's full devotion. In Rebels, he only saw her as a means to get to any rogue Jedi who escaped Order 66. He didn't pick up any emotional vibes from Vader the way he did when he found out about Luke.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Devizz and clone commander bossk like this.
  13. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014
    That video is mine, thanks for the critique, I really appreciate it! I am constantly trying to improve the quality of my content so I'll try to apply your feedback for my next uploads. Was the audio fine in the video by the way? I am not a native speaker plus I never did any sort of commentary videos so I do need to work on my intonation, enunciation, less devocing and clearer speech overall. I've been doing some vocal exercises recently. Would be awesome if you could PM me in regards to this (if your time permits), don't want to spam the thread.

I was talking about the unreleased arc from later seasons (between 6 and 7, the 7th season that we got would have probably ended up being season 8 or 9) that Dave talked about during Star Wars Celebration Panel in which Ahsoka was supposed to discover a sith shrine underneath the jedi temple and face off against Sidious, stopping his plan.

I used images from other episodes to illustrate what could have been, if that added to the confusion that is my bad and I apologize.

And indeed you are correct, I completely agree that Ahsoka meant very little to Sidious and at best she was only means to an end to get Anakin to his side as an apprentice. I'd like to think that during her trial Sidious was like: "Well, I don't even have to try do I."

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Oh I didn't mean as if there was a technical issue with your video and I did understand the dialogue. I just wasn't sure about how you were referring to the unaired episodes while showing many images from aired episodes. You did pick up on that in your answer so that's all cool.

IMO there's really nothing to have been gained by having Ahsoka face Sidious. There's been talk about potential what-ifs; such as what would've happened if Ahsoka went to Malachor with Obi-Wan? What about if she had gone to Coruscant just as Palpatine was revealed to be Sidious? Could she have stopped Anakin from becoming Vader? She'd have confronted Sidious then of course. It probably wouldn't turn out well for her, but she might've sacrificed herself just to save Anakin. Who knows?

clone commander bossk and Devizz like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    When you add in the cosmic force, it makes the ysalimirI or anything else force-canceling even less plausible. Even if there’s no life, if there’s matter (or really, anything) then the cosmic force is present. Including in the depths of space. Perhaps a “Nothing” force ala The Neverending Story could negate the force, but I think that might be going too far.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Someone posted this online with the caption, "The real reason Barriss framed Ahsoka".[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

17. dsjericho

dsjericho Jedi Knight

Mar 2, 2016
  18. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    Can't read, it's too small :(

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Here's the link on Tumblr:

20. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014
    So, a Disney+ social media account just used Ahsoka Tano and Rosario Dawnson hashtags. Is this an official confirmation of Ahsoka? A slip up on their part? Perhaps, though it is important to realize how social media operate. These tags are trending and are being used together by other people so the socical media person likely just optimized the post that way. This still is NOT an official confirmation. Then again, I am aware that with so many different sources claiming that Rosario is playing Ahsoka, it is very, very likely.

Source:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s possible. At this point I think it’s about 99% certain

22. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Going off of the John Campea tweet from a few weeks back, where he said "Blink and you'll miss Ashoka Tano (1 episode)"... he's later said that he believes that she's going to appear in either episode 5 or 6.

(EDIT: The tweet image was large so I just linked it instead of posting it.)

Anyway, I don't know if it's officially been confirmed which episode(s) Dave Filoni will direct this season, but it may be safe to assume that whatever episode Ashoka could potentially appear in he'll be involved.

And minor whines and concerns below:

One thing I want, assuming that she appears and that appearance involves an action scene, I pray they get a good stunt double. Thus far The Mandalorian has been pretty great in it's action sequences, for the most part, at least. They haven't done lightsabers yet though, for obvious reasons.

The one fear I have is live-action Ashoka matching up with animated Ashoka. The character will be older, so you have that excuse. But other than that, well... it's been a little while since there's been a "good" lightsaber battle. Granted, she would most likely be facing someone (or more than one person) without lightsabers, but I still hope they can pull it off well. Please don't be turn out to be a "Rey." Because I was afraid that I wasn't going to buy it with her, and I didn't.

And a concern: head canon.

The Mandalorian didn't have years or decades of fans developing head canon. I feel that's part of it's success. No one knew what to expect, so they allowed the story to be what it was. Hopefully ardent Ashoka fans haven't developed a head canon for her, because she/it's not going to be whatever they've imagined. It never is.

Fortunately for me, because I'm God's bestest angel and made of light, I've never had head canon's. Don't expect anything and you're never disappointed. You can of course not like something, but hopefully because you just didn't find it entertaining and not because of unfulfilled expectations. For instance, Luke was always my guy, had no expectations of what Rian Johnson was going to do. And outside of the lightsaber flip over the shoulder, everything else he did I thought was brilliant. (Yes, I'm one of "those" people.)

Anyway, fingers crossed that Ashoka is good. And I suppose if they do an Obi-Wan v. Maul from Rebels with her when it comes to lightsabers; the less is more approach, then I'm probably going to be okay.

If they have her doing Karate kicks and dope back-flips however... then fingers tightly crossed.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    Aah Fisto likes this.
  23. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I've always speculated responsibly when it comes to Ahsoka. But as far as having a set head canon for her? Nah, I don't do that. I know better.

As far as a stunt double goes, they could have Lauren Mary Kim again. I know Lateef Crowder does most if not all of the hand to hand combat stunts in the Mando.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  24. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    An incredible tribute to Ahsoka Tano!

25. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    What kind of crazy year is this (considering what 2020 has been) that we got one of the best Ahsoka Tano arcs ever in Clone Wars Season 7; AND a LIVE-ACTION Ahsoka Tano episode in one of the most popular TV series?!
    [​IMG]