main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Airwaves, Streams, Fibers & Cords: General TV Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 10, 2012.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    X-Ray is on the PS4 for Amazon Prime version you just have to pause and click upward near the subtitles to find it and then it brings up a whole different screen, it isn't as easy to find as on the mobile version.

I'm going to try the AppleTV plus a bit more (ie first time basically) in the next two months, at least to watch On the Rocks, Bruce Springsteen doc, Beastie Boys doc and Greyhound. Does Apple have another big time movie coming by the end of the year?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Click upwards with D-past or sticks? Are you saying it scrolls up past the existing subtitle icons onto a new screen w/the x-ray options?

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    solojones likes this.
  4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    On the one hand it’s such a broad premise that there’s a lot of room for interesting TV shows and cartoons and whatnot but on the other hand stop trying to make it happen, Ubi, jeez.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    When you hit pause, X-Ray is on the left and above the play icon, underneath subtitle options so you have to click on the box that says "X-Ray" and it pops up a different screen not overlaid with the film.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    The2ndQuest likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ah, ok, I was referring to the basic whose-in-the-scene cast overlay when you pause. Seems like it was simply a matter of certain movies not supporting the feature- The Omen II did not, while Rocky Horror did, for instance.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Curse them! Curse the Ubisoft king and it's army of infidels!

I used to be able to recite that whole entire speech from the original AC.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Jon Stewart returns on ATV+

Multi-season deal, one-hour long episodes focusing on a single subject (so it sounds like it'll be closer to Last Week Tonight) and with an irregular release schedule, so, no artificial pressure of an airing deadline).

"Effectively Stewart will have the freedom to release an episode whenever he wants as he “explores topics that are currently part of the national conversation and his advocacy work”. At the same time, a companion podcast is being developed “to continue the discussion”."

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Juliet316 and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm not sure it's so much "closer to" as they directly want an answer to Last Week Tonight.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It doesn't sound like it will be a direct copy of LWT, but I also couldn't argue against the comparison, at least at this point. But, yeah, it would fit the HBO model Apple is going for.

Juliet316 and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I bet it'll have the same theme.

[​IMG]

Juliet316 and Ramza like this.
  12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    TiniTinyTony likes this.
  13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I'm just happy that industry is looking at 90s cartoons. The focus seemed to be on the 80s for a while and it's now shifting. My hope is that we get more Gargoyles episodes someday.

Juliet316 and The2ndQuest like this.
  14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Starring half the cast of Star Trek Discovery ;).

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm disappointed that Animaniacs apparently isn't featuring Slappy Squirrel, Goodfeathers, Good Idea, Bad Idea, and anything not featuring the title characters and Pinky and the Brain.

Ramza and Rylo Ken like this.
  16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    That longer trailer has me skeptical about a lot; the one thing with all those old Spielberg shows is they were usually outsourced to studios that did solid animation (with the rare exception like, say, that one Tiny Toons they gave to Kennedy), especially by US TV standards, but the Hulu trailer’s stiff and puppet-y as all hell. I get that streaming platforms don’t necessarily have the budget of, well, something backed by Spielberg in the early 90s intended for delicious syndication money, but I’m worried it might get even worse in the “meat” of the series when they don’t have to show off.

On the other hand, while some of the other sketches were great, I’m not exactly mourning the loss of, say, Rita and Runt or Buttons and Mindy. I hated those. :p

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  17. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    WHAT ABOUT CHICKEN BOO

HE WEARS A DISGUISE TO LOOK LIKE HUMAN GUYS

And yeah, it's to be expected that the animation would look cheaper just like pretty much every other show today. The Spielberg cartoons and Disney Afternoon stuff in the late 80s/90s were notable for not looking like crap and having almost feature-film-quality effort put into them.

darthcaedus1138 and Ramza like this.
  18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Hey, I like Chicken Boo! I’m just saying some of those recurring sketches were torturous when I was a kid and then aged like expired milk.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  19. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    While the trailer has only featured the Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain, have the writers confirmed or denied that there won't be supporting/side characters telling their stories?

Also was it Animaniacs or Tiny Toons that did the story of the wrapping paper and the fire on the candlestick of Thomas Jefferson?

20. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    They've only confirmed the return of the Warners and Pinky and the Brain. I think if others were returning, they would have mentioned it by now. Would be weird to make that part a surprise.

21. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I found the answer just in case anyone else was wondering.
    It was Animaniacs.
    Season 1 Episode 20 (Hulu): The Flame/Wakko's America/Davey Omelette/Four Score and Seven Migraines Ago
    Season 2 Episode 20 (Hulu): Gold Rush/A Gift of Gold/Dot's Quiet Time

I hoping for a few surprises like maybe the Wheel of Morality making an appearance or two, or three, or twenty.

22. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Wheel of Morality, turn turn turn, tell us the lesson that we should learn

The2ndQuest likes this.
  23. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm watching Brave New World now weekly on Showcase and I enjoy it (started airing in September), although I'm surprised there would even be a second season considered since it's a novel adaptation. Gee I hope the finale in 2 weeks with episode 9 isn't a cliffhanger!

Anyway, tonight (& the next 2 months!) there's new episodes of live action Star Trek (Discovery, 1 AM CTVSciFi) and Star Wars (Mandalorian 3 AM Disney+). 2020 is officially the best year ever!!

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002