main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Where does Star Wars go as an IP from here?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by 2Cleva, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Shoulda Woulda Coulda: A Star Wars Story

Also, some brilliant Huttese.

EHT and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. The Lonely Lizard

The Lonely Lizard Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2020
    You mean when all the movies are good. Stop being such a grumpy old MCU hatin’ jerk, Bor. Those movies are what Star Wars should take lessons from to survive in the future or else it will not last much longer. You could learn to be less mean and more kind to people who like this stuff. It’s what keeps the theatrical experience alive and it’s gonna do that again when theaters largely reopen next year.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  3. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    You don't need to learn lessons from the MCU to survive in the future. There are plenty of franchises that do just fine without having to be like the MCU. Those movies being popular right now doesn't mean they are the only thing that works, nor does it mean that they will always remain popular either.

That being said, stating that all MCU movies are bad is rather outlandish.

The Lonely Lizard likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    MCU is neither bad or great it ok to good. But their phase was moslty ok movies and phase 2 had bad movies.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. The Lonely Lizard

Aug 13, 2020
    Guardians of the Galaxy was a great movie, though. Even George Lucas liked it.

Shamear likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    the first was good yess, the second one was a mess.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. The Lonely Lizard

Aug 13, 2020
    George Lucas liked that one, too, hence why James Gunn tweeted he was blessed when Lucas said he likes the Guardians movies. Movies with an “s”.

The Chalk Jedi and Shamear like this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    You have a source for that,

9. The Lonely Lizard

Aug 13, 2020

This one:

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    What are you on about? Go away. I wasn't mean or unkind to anyone. If I read this right, you're the one going around calling people jerks for not liking what you like. I merely expressed my personal opinion about the MCU films. Which I think are all bad, except for Thor: Ragnarok, which is at least enjoyable to me. And I kinda like the first Guardians of the Galaxy. The rest is all pretty junky, IMO.

Also, are you aware of what forum you're on? This is not an MCU forum. We have no obligation to be overly sensitive about people's interest in that franchise.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  11. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Children, children, please... no. Just, no.

No.

EHT likes this.
  12. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    I think feature film wise it should take a nice break for a while. Lucasfilm should concentrate on TV, give us some more good videogames along the lines of Fallen Order, and actually start releasing some decent novels in the setting(though that's my opinion as I have disliked pretty much all the books they have released since the Disney buyout, Lords of the Sith and the He is to the Jedi were ok ) But please for love of George do not hire people like Wendig to write them. He stories were bad and his attitude towards fans who don't share his political views alienated people.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    syferdiasisalie likes this.
  13. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    Yep, Aftermath books were the biggest waste of time and money ever. Total cash grab. They advertised them as an essential reading for ST aficionados but they turned out to be a useless flop on top of being poorly written by an overblown ego bent on insulting fans for literally anything. Thanks to that I lost interest in SW tie-in "canon".

14. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I'd like to jump thousands of years into the past or future, far, far, far away from the Palpatine Saga and focus on completely new stories instead of the same sixty-year period we've had for the past four decades

As much as I like the current Marvel comics series, I'd like a new slate to doodle on too

dolphin likes this.
  15. vaderito

vaderito Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2016
    Agreed. Let them jump far!

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Knights Ren Can’t Jump.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  17. odin1981

odin1981 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 31, 2016
    I hope they explore the unknown regions if going forward of movies past 9. Always seemed as if that region was GL's way of pointing to new universe building that way but that's just me.

dolphin likes this.
  18. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Funny but feels on point. The Mandalorian will define the IP going forward.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think it’s clear that Mandalorian sets the stage for the future of the franchise. It has a sharp and uncompromising artistic energy and identity that’s simply missing from the derivative ST. And it hits the zeitgeist on the nose. Modern Star Wars has arrived. The ST was simply a throat-clearing transition.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Personally I just want a rom-com.
    Something with Sandra Bullock discovering that there is more to life than being a hard as nails business woman and/or undercover cop.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    At this point it is probably more profitable for LFL to consider where Star Wars goes as an IPA from here. The sales of Star Wars themed alcohol will also serve to help us all forget their upcoming film schedule.

anakincol and Bor Mullet like this.
  22. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Why not Rachel McAdams?

GregMcP likes this.
  23. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    The story of Anakin and Padme is basically the same as The Notebook.
    So yeah, we need more McAdams.

And Kate Hudson writering for a magazine about classic mistakes in love, when along comes Matthew McConaughey, from that other series we are developing as a spin off from Solo...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  24. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I'm actually into this idea of a Star Wars love story where the sci-fi aspects are background. I feel like there is something here that is worth looking into. Any story that is good can stand on its own where ever you place it.

TCF-1138 and GregMcP like this.
  25. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Sure.
    You can only do "The Emperor has an Evil Plan" so many times.

Bor Mullet and PrincessKenobi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.