main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.01 - Chapter 9 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 29, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 13, 2020.
  1. 10

21.5%
  2. 9

31.9%
  3. 8

32.6%
  4. 7

10.4%
  5. 6

1.5%
  6. 5

1.5%
  7. 4

0.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Another thing I forgot about was the Droid Gotra were mentioned. I wonder if they'll ever appear here or in live action?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Boba Fett and Fennec Shang, anybody ?

3. Vicarious Fan

Vicarious Fan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2013
    Netflix is 2 billion a month or 24 billion a year. Netflix makes way more then Disney does when it comes to movies

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh so this is why I didn't notice the aspect ratio change the first time. Very clever.

Vicarious Fan likes this.
  5. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Very good start to the season! Lots of nods towards nostalgia as was mentioned, and I agree that it didn't feel forced. They managed to walk the magic line this time, let's hope they stay on it. Good visuals and story building. They managed to make Tatooine interesting yet again. I'll be honest about Timothy: I'm not his biggest fan but he did deliver a solid Cobb Vanth here.

So, after the ending I'm left with a few questions:
    - That armor is iconic. Will he get it/want it back?
    - His old ship is iconic. Will he get it/want that back as well? Who has it?

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It's like poetry.
    It rhymes.

Rancor Keeper and Bor Mullet like this.
  8. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Knights in shining armor fighting a dragon. Hmmmm....where has this tale been told before....? Star Wars has been very much a medieval fantasy set in space, but that's pretty heavy handed. Very DUNE-like as well.

I really liked Olyphant's character in this episode. I'd have liked to see what kind of a fight he'd put up against Mando.
    Some nice nostalgia touches, but I hope they can broaden their horizons beyond the twin suns of Tatooine.
    Very much looking forward to how Temuera Morrison will fit into the story.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh right lol. I don’t know why I misread that. I think the best year they ever did was like 5 billion. Still Netflix unlike Disney is in severe debt. I wouldn’t be shocked if you take out the debt that Disney is already making more as they own both Hulu and D+

10. Vicarious Fan

Jul 1, 2013
    tehcinally it doesn't have debt per say it's got investors who are just dumping money into it. Even excluding the debt as they are still making 24 billion a year they are doing just fine.

Which of course is why every one and their mother is despertly trying to make a streaming service. I like Disney+ but they launched with well only 1 original show ie The Mandolorian and so once that finshed the subs canceled

Once they get all the Star Wars shows and Marvel shows rolling out and have new shows every month they will be competative with Netflix.

God i can't wait till we have 3 new Star Wars shows plus movies every year

11. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    Exciting to see Temuera Morrison back, I also liked the inclusion of Cobb Vanth (picking up those Aftermath threads literally YEARS after the book came out). I'm totally down for really any sort of interpretation of Boba Fett. One thing I'm still kinda confused about, and maybe someone can tell me if this was explained somewhere, but this whole "don't take off the helmet" rule has to have come about post Rebels right because none of the Mando characters in Clone Wars or Rebels follow this rule at all. Do we expect that to be explained at some point?

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It is definitely a post Rebels thing since even hard liners like Vizsla didn’t do it

RetropME and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    If it wasn't for covid, huge sand worms would be quite the thing with the public right now.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    But Mando haven't removed his helmet since he was a kid so, some clans took it more serious then others.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s just weird. And doesn’t really make sense to be honest as he was rescued by Pre Vizsla’s death watch

16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Maybe it’s just Mando elites who took their helmets off in front of other people? You know, a “rules don’t apply to people in the upper/ ruling class” kind of deal.

17. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    If any of you guys/gals believe in some form of higher power, please pray for me. My real name is Ryan. I came home excited to watch Mando after work late last night and found my rabbit, Honey, had passed away while I was at work. She was my best friend and my family. And she was with me every Mando episode last season. I hadn’t the desire to watch the show after burying her in my back yard last night. And I just went to bed. Or tried to go to bed. I watched the episode today and it was very very bittersweet and I cried a lot. I loved the episode and thought it was one of the best western-esque episodes thus far. Loved Timothy Olyphant and obviously the end scene stinger was hype. But it’s going to be rough cuz I’m used to holding her while we watch Mando. Love you all. Thanks for reading.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I just got through watching that first episode from Season 2. Obviously a handful of nostalgic nods throughout the show. I thought it was fairly entertaining.

A few points of note:
    1) Those Gamorreans in the fighting arena were pretty scrawny, don't you think? You'd think they could at least give the actors a fat suit to make them a little plumper
    2) That Marshall character from Mos Pelgo, he seemed familiar to me. Was he in one of the Aftermath novels; or something else from that setting?
    3) That's obviously Boba's armor. Considering they suggested that the Krayt Dragon ate the Sarlacc, is it safe to connect all of those dots?
    4) On that note, I liked the use of the Krayt Dragon. Kind of refreshing to see one in the flesh for the first time in a SW venue.
    5) Mando's relationship with the Sand People play a big role in the episode. Could you ever picture Anakin partnering with them? He'd probably have killed Mando before killing the Sand People again.

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I just can’t get over how perfect the ill-fitting sport coat on the Abyssin gangster was. Little character details like that are what great world-building is made of.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    RetropME and Siphonophore like this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "The Marshal" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close two weeks from now.​

21. Vicarious Fan

Jul 1, 2013
    yeah it seems to be after the fall of Mandalore. At that time the mandos went into hiding and created a new society for the most part where you don't have to be born a mandalorian to be one but you have to take up the creed and life.

well we know he takes it off to eat we see that in the first season. They just can't take it off in front of others.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Hang in there Ryan! I lost my cat (i.e. best friend) Ulysses S. Grant (Ulyss) a few weeks before Rogue One was released, and it was hard. The film lifted my spirits though. And now, for whatever reason, every cute thing in Star Wars (Baby Yoda, this week it was the Tusken’s dogs) remind me of him. And in a good way. Trust me. Even though Honey is physically gone, you’ll still see her a lot.

Take care.

23. Awushi Awere

Awushi Awere Jedi Knight star 2

May 11, 2020
    Cobb Vanth takes the helmet off.

Me: “Hey, Pierce Brosnan is part of SW now. Cool. Oh, well......“

24. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    Thanks so much Bor. It really means the world, you sharing your experience. So sorry about Ulysses. Our pets are our family. The cycle of life is never more acute than at times like this. I am glad new Star Wars is here and it was comforting to escape to that world for an hour today. I suppose this is one of many reasons we all adore such incredible fantasy worlds such as the one George created. It allows us to take a break from our real lives and go on a journey with these characters. I'm thankful Jon Favreau, Filoni and the Disney team are so passionate about the show and are providing us with this joy every Friday. and I'm so very thankful that there is such a wonderful and diverse community of SW fans here at theforce.net. We are lucky to have not only great users, but great mods who get in on the discussion as well. Appreciate all of you. and thanks for letting me take a little time to just vent out on these forums. Been a really tough day.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave the episode 7/10.

fett 4 likes this.