main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Did Luke know about Ahsoka?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Darth_Joyous, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Darth_Joyous

Darth_Joyous Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2020
    Is it possible that Luke Skywalker was made aware of Darth Vader's ex-apprentice, Ahsoka? Is it possible that Obi-wan told Luke about her off-screen? If so, what did he say about her to him? Did he just mention her in slight reference, or did he go into more detail? Could her story have been an inspiration for him?

2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Probably not imo but it's an interesting question. Maybe if Obi Wan had more time with Luke. He barely told him about his father.

3. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    nm

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  4. Jamtia1

Jamtia1 Jedi Knight star 1

May 27, 2019
    I would say he probably found out about her after RotJ. But that's just my guess.

5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    The bigger question for me is whether Ahsoka knew about Luke and when did she know?

Glitterstimm likes this.
  6. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    Nah. She is just a Jedi that goes into hiding in the events of episodes 4-6 instead of trying to do something useful.

Darth__Lobot likes this.
  7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Luke's knowledge of Ahsoka wouldn't matter, the downfall of the Sith came from Palps trying to kill Anakin's son in front of him. Whether afterwards Luke converses with Yoda and Obi-Wan and they mention his father's apprentice is something that can be explored in the future, but for the sake of the OT and it's outcome, it's just not important.

Is Ahsoka in contact with Obi-Wan or Yoda post ROTS? Does Ahsoka have any contact with Anakin post ANH?

wobbits likes this.
  8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I like to guess that Ahsoka revealed herself to Luke sometime after the events of ROTJ, like in that first 10 years. She no doubt would've heard about Luke and Leia, and especially the legend that Luke became throughout the galaxy-perhaps she decided to seek him out. In my "headcanon" (until proved otherwise by some future release), she may have even helped Luke at times in his various endeavors over that first decade or two-until she either decided to part ways with him, or perhaps even died.

It's actually a great idea IMO-imagine the kind of adventures they could have together, as Luke is seeking out Jedi lore and building his reputation as a legend with whatever he's doing. And from Ahsoka's perspective-it would be incredibly fitting if she were to become allies, or even friends with her old master's own son, who in the end redeemed him and brought back the Anakin she once knew. I imagine Ahsoka would've greatly admired Luke, for that and many other reasons.

I would love to see some kind of animated series covering this-a film would be great, but unfortunately Hammill's age makes that impossible. Still there's some really great storytelling opportunity here.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  9. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Maybe it came up in a conversation with the force ghosts after ROTJ but I don't tend to inject cartoon characters that were created after the films have been established into the story they originally were not part of.

Django Fett likes this.
  10. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Why would Luke know about a secondary character that has been inorganically forced into a story line she has absolutely nothing to do with? Not only that, but a character who conveniently hid out for four years on Malachor while someone else saved the galaxy, even though she has been portrayed as being eminently powerful and could have reached out to virtually anyone through the force to come and rescue her so she could continue to help the rebellion. But in doing so, would further concrete the fact that she is being blatantly shoehorned into a story she has absolutely nothing to do with. Which is also why she should have nothing to do with the Mandalorian. This is not her story no matter how desperately Filoni wants her to be the most pivotal character in the saga. Just having Ahsoka moderately active in and around the OT era diminishes the importance of Luke being the last hope. Because if Luke fails, there's always Ahsoka to find and fall back on. It makes the hiding of Anakin's offspring a trivial act as if either of them die, it's no big worry, we still have super powerful Yoda level force user Ahsoka to destroy the empire for the Rebellion.

Darth__Lobot, Avnar, Valiowk and 2 others like this.
  11. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    That's a good question.

12. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    Ahsoka is a fan fiction level character.

Starkiller was tied in with the OT far better.(Since Starkiller died few years before the start of episode 4)

13. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    I tend to be leery of such characters. And to this day, I never understood why the Jedi Council thought it was okay for Anakin to become a Jedi mentor so soon after becoming a Knight. I think their decision to allow Obi-Wan to become Anakin's mentor was also a big mistake. Then again, I don't recall anyone else stepping up to volunteer for the job.

14. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017

I agree. I get annoyed at the idea that Filoni's pet character who has lived longer than any Skywalker, in the Skywalker saga, has to be present in every story, every show, cartoon, etc that comes out. I definitely don't go back to the OT or the PT and think "oh where's Ahsoka at right now?" or whatever.

When I was a kid I watched the OT and the Ewoks and Droids cartoons on Saturday mornings. I did not watch Ewoks and then watch ROTJ wondering where Kneesa, Latara, Malani, and the Duloks were or if Han and Leia met them during the celebration.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  15. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    How dare you interrupt this thread with common sense.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Darth__Lobot likes this.
  16. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    [face_laugh]

Darth__Lobot and christophero30 like this.
  17. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    I’m definitely not ecstatic about Ahsoka being in The Mandalorian, but it’s what we’re getting so might as well try to enjoy it. I doubt they’ll just leave it open and have us wondering why she hadn’t been around all those years. They’ll probably try to provide SOME explanation. If not... sigh.

So to answer the question just so this post has something to do with the original thread, we can’t really tell at this point. We will probably (hopefully) find out.

18. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    Are you kidding me? Good grief. Something told me I needed to go read the Mando threads......

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    s_heffley likes this.
  19. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    No, because in making the "best of it", is the same as settling for something of lesser quality because that is all they are willing to provide you. If your job hired you at a certain rate, and then a year in said we're going to reduce your pay. Would you accept the lesser because it's all they're willing to provide? No, you'd be pissed off and go find a different job. Same thing applies here. Would you be happy with a turd on a plate simply because they put the Star Wars logo on it?

20. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Of course I’m not gonna accept absolutely everything, just some things, as long as I still enjoy it overall. Yeah, I don’t like Ahsoka being in the Mandalorian, but if I end up enjoying the show in the end anyway, I don’t really care about that.

(Haven’t watched the new episode quite yet, we’ll see how it goes)

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  21. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Rex was at Endor, unless he died there I gotta imagine he checked out this Skywalker with the lightsaber he is serving under at some point and this got back to Ahsoka.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    And I should apologize. I didn't mean to be harsh in my comments. I get your point. I just don't find it entirely enjoyable to see a character forced into a show they have no business being in, especially when it's done simply due to the character's popularity. I don't find it enjoyable when they start to unravel the existing canon just so someone can force feed their pet character to everyone.

@DurararaFTW it's been confirmed that Rex was NOT on Endor. Filoni floated the idea but has since backtracked, and it's been confirmed it was not Rex.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Rex was at Endor. But it has not been confirmed (or denied) that "Nik Sant", the guy with the beard seen in the attack on the bunker, was him.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Rex

The Rebels series finale, which aired on March 5, 2018, confirmed that Rex did fight in the Battle of Endor, though it did not confirm whether he and Sant were the same character.[102] Six months after the episode's airing, Filoni revealed in an interview with IGN he ultimately chose to not canonize the theory because he felt that laying down an already established character prior to his coming to Star Wars wasn't correct, adding that Rex could have been present at Endor and not be Sant, even though some fans could choose to believe that Rex and Sant are the same individual while other choose to not do so.[111] In 2019, Rex was depicted in recreations of shots from Return of the Jedi, as well as original shots, in the Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures short "Han Solo - From Smuggler to General."[112] As Galaxy of Adventures is not meant to be a literal depiction of canon,[113] no source has currently stated that they are the same character.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Nik_Sant

The Rebels series finale, which aired on March 5, 2018, confirmed that Rex did fight at the Battle of Endor, but did not go so far as to confirm that Rex and Sant are the same character.[8] Six months after the episode's airing, Filoni revealed in an interview with IGN he ultimately chose to not canonize the theory because he felt that laying down an already established character prior to his coming to Star Wars wasn't correct, adding that Rex could have been present at Endor and not be Sant, even though some fans could choose to believe that Sant and Rex are the same individual while others choose to not do so.[9]

In recreations of shots from Return of the Jedi in the Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures short "Han Solo - From Smuggler to General", Rex is used instead of Sant wearing clone trooper armor. Rex also appears in original shots in the short.[10] Because Galaxy of Adventures shorts are not meant to be taken as literal events,[11] no official source has currently definitively stated that Sant and Rex are the same character.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  24. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    I was close.

But as far as I'm concerned, we didn't see him, so he wasn't there. I'm not a fan of the whole "this character was at wherever, but you just didn't see them" idea. It's nothing more than a tool to try and make a character more relevant than they were. Maybe next Filoni will claim Rex was a secret service agent running along side Kennedy's convertible when Kennedy was assassinated, but we never saw him on film because coincidentally he was just always off camera.

25. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    you guys are way out in the weeds on this Rex thing [face_laugh]