main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Halloween Challenge - Shadows Eve, and other OSs(Marie/Adrian verse)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mira Grau, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Title: Shadow's Eve
    Author: Anedon
    Timeframe: 56 ABY
    Characters: Ion/Ilona Malek, Viktoria(Vikki)/Ana/Marie/Adrian Firestone, Shena'li
    Summary: While visiting Marie´s family during an old Dathomirian holiday Ion finds himself chased by "Nightsisters"

This story features apperances of characters, created by: @Warrior_Goddess and @Adalia-Durron

Other stories in the Malek/Firestone "verse":
    From Slavery to Aristocracy
    Powers vs Passions
    YOU DID WHAT?
    Bedtime Story
    Mom´s little Warlock
    A Date with Destiny
    Manhunt
    If you leave now you, you get nothing
    Mom's little Warlock

"What Hex is this?" Ion muttered as he took a brief rest in the dark corner of the tree he had taken shelter behind. They were still after him, no matter what turn he took in the way less forest, it seemed that nothing he did was able to shake of his pursuers. His heart was racing in his chest, the voices became louder again, the witches where coming. Was it the Force that allowed them to track him? Or where they simple this good at tracking. It was at least two of them, maybe even three so fighting wasn't an option. How far would they still chase him? Probably through the entire forest, as they knew sooner or later he would get tired. How far away were they still? One hundred meters, probably no more. He took a deep breath and collected all the remaining strength he had in his eleven year old body and stood up to continue to run. "There!" someone shouted behind him and he heard the laughter of his hunters. His bare feet splashing through the muddy ground, his simple sleeveless sleeping tunic offering little protection against the bushes and branches he passed. They were coming closer, they where... A muscular arm reached around his waist as he was tackled. "I got him!" Ion began to struggle against his attacked who was around the same age and height as he was. She had the red hair and facial markings of a Nightsister. Falling on the muddy ground both of them struggled to get the upper hand, but after a moment the others reached him. He felt how one of them grabbed his right leg and began to mercilessly tickle his bare foot. Ion burst into laughter and his resistance broke, the girl on his chest now also starting to tickle. Screaming under their assault Ion felt how tears of laughter began running down his cheeks as he desperately tried to catch a breath. Eventually being able to get out a, "Please, stop! I surrender! Please!"

"Honestly Ion, that was quite impressive for an outsider," Shena'li, said with a smile as they brought him back towards the village. His hands and feet tied to a pole his cousins Ana and Vikki carried their helpless captive, while their friend Shena'li walked next to them. All three of them where dressed up as Nightsisters. "I think we have to have a serious word with our brother when we are back, he lost out to someone without the Force." Ana said with a grin, being a non Force user like himself, she always enjoyed it when she could one up her sensitive siblings in some way. They had surprised them, he and Julien had gone to bed just as normal, or at least Ion hadn´t suspected anything. So being awoken by the sight of a pale, threatening Nightsister above him had been quite a shock. He had taken a few seconds to recognize her as his own cousin, then, from the other side of the room Julien had shouted at him to run, and so he had. "What is this actually about?" Ion asked the girls. They had hunted and tied each other up in the past, usually he, Ana and Shena'li had teamed up against the Force sensitive Julien and Vikki, but this seemed to be more... serious?

"Shadows Eve," Vikki explained. "It's an old Dathomirian holiday to remind the tribes of the danger the Nightsisters posed. Where the tribes would offer some of their male slaves as tribute to the witches to be left alone for another year." Ion shivered at this thought. "But in the last few decades, things... changed a bit." Shena'li said, as she took one of the feathers from her hair and gently brushed it over Ion´s bare feet. "This time we will simply sell you amongst our own tribe."

When they returned to the tribal village it seemed Ion was truly one of the last boys to be captured. He saw several groups of girls in similar costumes parading around their captives through town, watched by grinning adults in some cases. Ion's fear was now completely gone though a certain nervousness about what was to come next was still remaining. Julien, tied to a tree near to his home gave his cousin a grin, "they´ve got me on the stairs. But seems I could at least give you a decent lead."

"You knew this was going to happen?" Ion asked as the girls put him down on the ground.

"Of course, not my first Shadows Eve, thought I would leave a bit of a surprise for you." Ion rolled his eyes at his cousins decision.

After a few minutes Vikki returned to them with a triumphant smile. "We got all of them. It's time for the auction."

Ion had never been inside the old central building of the tribe, not much still happened there now that the slavery was gone from the tribe, but it seemed on this day, Shadows Eve it resumed its original function. The tied boys knelt, the podium while the "Nightsisters" guarded them. Vikki herself had taken the auctioneers place, while the adults of the tribe sat in the audience."Sisters," she proclaimed loudly, "our hunt was one again successful, now it's time to sell the spoils." "Let's start with this one," Ana said with a grin as she grabbed Ion by the shoulder and dragged him in front of the audience. "Our first bid is an outsider," Shena'li explained. "He is muscular enough to work long and hard in the fields. Quite pretty as well." Ion's face turned read as he heard Shena'li say this and he avoided looking at her. "I bid 30 Eriaduan sour drops!" A voice called from amongst the adults and Ion saw his mother looking directly at him. Ilona Malek wore her Dathomirian leather clothing and next to her Ion saw his aunt and uncle. Adrian gave his eldest daughter a proud glance while Marie could hardly contain her laughter it seemed. They are selling us for sweets?! Now Ion understood the full extent of this game. Another witch made a higher offer and for a moment Ion asked himself what would happen if he was truly sold to someone else. But before he could finish the thought his mother raised the offer to 40 drops. Ion wasn't sure if that was a high value but he had come to enjoy the game so he decided to be a bit cheeky. "40 is an insult! I can sing, cook, I tell bad jokes..." Laughter filled the room, which Ion took part in once Shena'li used her feather once more. Some other witches continued to bid on him but in the end it was his own mother who exchanged 120 sour drops for her son's leash. They then sat in the audience and watched the rest of the boys being sold, 120 drops seem to have been one of the highest bids made that night.

Later when their family was walking towards Marie and Adrian's home, leading their still tied sons back through the village. They were talking and laughing, the girls had even offered to share some of their spoils with their captives once they finally got home. "I want to come back for this next year," Ion said firmly. When they got back to Eriadu he would ask his father for tricks to hide. "Fine with us," Ana said smiling, "more sweets!"

Cry
    Hex
    Parade

[​IMG]

As for the pictureI couldn´t bringt that in but I have the boys wake up with the costumed girls over them kind of ewoking this image.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    Adalia-Durron and GregMcP like this.
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    LOVE IT!!! Well done!

Anedon likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great story

Adalia-Durron and Anedon like this.
  4. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Anedon likes this.
  5. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Adalia-Durron likes this.
  6. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Title: Knight takes Queen
    Author: Anedon, Adalia-Durron
    Timeframe: 43 ABY
    Characters: Marie and Adrian Firestone
    Summary: Adrian tries to teach Marie about a board game he used to play when he was young

Another collaboration between @Adalia-Durron and myself

"Take your time," Adrian assured his wife as they sat, seated on opposite ends of the table staring at the board. It was a gift from Ilona and Tobin. When he had still lived on Eriadu Adrian had been part of a chess club but in his years on Dathomir he hadn't touched a figure at all. Which made his sisters gift all the more exciting to him. The pieces and the board itself where crafted from fine wood, and they still carried the odor of the Eriaduan forests. The only problem was that nobody on Dathomir knew how to play, and so had begun to teach it to Marie.

This was a game of strategy, something she'd learned after she'd left her home world. All her mother had ever taught her was 'just go and do it' and that didn't always work out the way she'd wanted. With the Wild Knightz and later The Shadow Sabers, she'd learned so much about tactics, strategy and even heard the terminology Adrian was now using. 'I won't be a pawn!' she recalled Rooty protesting in one particular mission, but he was she now realised. A piece that could be sacrificed, and she'd done that to three of her 'pawns' already.. Each piece moved in different ways and that was confusing enough, like a space battle. She sat back as realization washed over her, 'Like a Space battle'. The slight hint of a smile touched her lips as she reached forward, it was a bold move as the picked up her Knight and moved it three forward and one to the side, directly in front of his King but far enough away that it was safe. She was the squadron and he was .........the Vong maybe? A Coral Skipper and X Wing? One at a time? There was so much to learn. She looked up hoping he'd see she was trying and not acting foolishly.

Adrian raised an eyebrow, a part of him enjoying to be the teacher for once. "And where is the mistake here?" He said in a patient voice. Back in the club it was usually him who had heard these words from the other players, especially from... Adrian blinked for a moment as he remembered her. He hadn't thought of Lana in a long time and for a moment his thoughts drifted back to her, back to the first girl he ever had a crush on. He wondered where she was now, and if she even remembered him.

Marie frowned and began to study the board when a wave of distraction washed over her. She looked up and saw a far away look in her new husbands face, his eyes gazing into a distant somewhere she couldn't see. "Mistake might be you're not paying attention?" She asked.

"Hm..?" Adrian said at Marie's words, looking around confused for a second. "Yeah, might be." He returned his attention to the board before briefly touching one of his Knights, one that could take Marie's in his turn.

She glanced at what he was doing but dismissed it as she studied his face. "What's distracting you, or is it more a who?" She had a gut feeling it wasn't a 'something'.

"Oh, just thinking back to a few old friends," Adrian responded, making a pause before he continued. "People I knew before I left Eriadu, before I became a soldier, before I met you... Back when I was a teenager."

Marie couldn't help but smirk. "I bet you were a lanky and awkward one." She had an image forming in her minds eye. "Did you have a girlfriend?" She asked with a hint of amusement.

"Somewhat yeah," Adrian admitted. "But less there to be honest, I was amongst friends." He smiled at the second question, "not really. There was a girl there I had a crush on, well I and pretty much every other boy there, might have been one of the reasons she was one of the best in the club."

Marie leaned on the table with her forearms. "You let her win?"

"No, she was good enough to win on her own, but you know occasional allowing a wrong move to be taken back or something like that. Certainly didn't hurt her winning streak." Adrian explained.

That amused her. "By the time I was 15 I was leading hunting packs and feeding the village." She shrugged, very different childhoods for sure." She lamented before smiling again. "Did she notice you? What did she look like?" She would have been lying if she'd claimed to not be curious.

"I doubt she ever noticed me as more than a friend, maybe not even that given how our relationship just ended when I left the club." Adrian said, thinking back. "I guess you and I went further in our first two ours together then she and I in all those years." Then he turned to the other question. "She was shorter than you, quite nerdy, dark blonde hair kept short like most Eriaduan women."

She sat up straight. "Further in the first two hours?!? What are you talking about, we made food! We didn't do anything you know....personal!" She laughed. "And she's obviously nothing like me.......did your tastes change or..........?" She left the question hanging as she raised her eyebrow.

"Well we did spent some time alone together and we did some serious flirting, I can't say Lana and I ever got there," her husband responded, chuckling a bit. "No my tastes didn't change, you know if I could, I would go back to her any day," Adrian said with a twinkle.

Marie sat back and watched him for a few moments before standing. "Off you go, she might have a better idea of my mistake. I have to get back to work now, with my men.....downstairs. Say goodbye when you go huh?" She smiled with a wink as she turned to leave.

Adrian didn't stand up, a bit shocked at Marie's reaction at his obvious joke, before he saw her smile. "To be honest you might be closer than you think. Both of you aren't afraid to get yourselves dirty, both of you are as unladylike as possible, both of you are very fit." He stood up and placed his hand on Marie's arm, "but she could never replace you in my heart."

Marie glanced down at her arm before returning her dark gaze and narrowing her eyes. "She'd not live long enough to try if she came near you." She threatened, she may have been joking when she suggested he leave and that'd been fun, but now she meant it. "I don't take kindly to anyone attempting to .............." She stopped realizing she was about to insult him by saying 'touching what's mine'. "Move in on my life...." Marie tried very hard to make it sound less....well Dathomirian. She knew in the past she'd have been honest.

"You can say 'touching what´s mine'" Adrian said with a smile, suspecting what Marie had originally wanted to say. "You bought me, do you remember?" He sat down again. "But what about you? Did you ever have a crush? Here on Dathomir or later when flying with Addie?"

Marie pursed her lips. "I only 'bought' you to save you, remember that? She leaned forward placing her hands on the table before him. "I won't have you thinking I did that to keep you or or own you or any such silly thing." She wanted that clear before she went on.

Adrian rolled his eyes, "I know that, but seriously I am still yours. Remember the vows we made on Eriadu? You said 'I am his and he is mine'."

She looked down and allowed a nod. "I remember, but never mention that again please?" She looked up before leaning in to kiss him. "Remember that." She turned and sat down again. "There was no one, I left Dathomir to join the galaxy and I had so much to learn and boy was it a steep learning curve." She looked back to the board, "And strategy wasn't my strong point." Reaching over she touched his Knight. "You're going to take me there, but if you do that I can see my little pointy one....the priest, no...Bishop? I can see him moving there." She looked up, "Yes?"

"On Eriadu we call him Vicar, or at least Ilona did," Adrian said while observing the board again. Her move wasn't bad, but... his queen was securing the place as well. Deciding to let her go through with the move he nodded slowly. "So I was truly the first?" Adrian knew he should feel glad about this but... he knew he hadn't been the first, their first night together had confirmed that to him.

She smiled warmly, "First love, yes." She moved her Bishop and seeing his queen, she kept her hand on the piece as she studied the board to find what she could do. His queen would move and then she'd have a path in a few more moves, but he could circumvent them too. She released the piece. "Maybe I should surrender?"

Adrian was a bit disappointed she didn't open up to him about it but decided not to inquire any further. "Perhaps you should," he said instead with a smile. "What terms do you offer?"

"If I'm surrendering, don't you offer the terms?" She asked with a smile, her eyes sparkling.

"You know, I could really abuse this chance?" Adrian responded with a devious smile.

Marie bit her lip. "Do it."

"Hm," Adrian leaned back in his chair. "I said that I was your property, at least under Dathomirian law.... Why don't we go for a little role reversal, and have you be mine for a change?"

Marie paused as she considered his words. She may well have paid an insane price for him, only due to her mothers meddling, but she'd never felt she'd treated him so. It now occurred to her maybe she had cross lines without even being aware of it, it would be interesting to find out. "Sounds fair."

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great discussion and teasing during the game between the two

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Anedon likes this.
  9. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Absolutely loved Shadow's Eve, the game started off quite scary and I was a little bit worried there for a moment but then it turned out to be something utterly delightful and adorable! Loved it.

The flirting and discussions in the chess game in Knight Takes Queen were also really lovely. I loved the play on words with the title too :) I would ask to see what will happen next but I do believe it would potentially be against the TOS :p

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    And as @Anedon and I are friends of VERY different Ages, I would NEVER write that :p Thank you @Kit' - really appreciate you reading them. [face_love]

Anedon likes this.
  11. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Sorry, I was just teasing because I could. Of course neither of you would do anything like that - you are both two nice and too polite...unlike me *blushes*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Oh, no offense taken.
    Glad you enjoyed the stories. ;)

Kit' and Adalia-Durron like this.
  13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Writing stuff like that makes me blush anyway, I was raised to not speak of such things ;) Granted I was raised last Century! :p Don't be sorry, no offence was taken at all [face_love]

Kit' and Anedon like this.
  14. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    "Shadows Eve" - Fantastic use of your prompts! Like @Kit' I thought at first it was a rather dark, scary game but it became a lot of fun instead. Excellent work! =D=

"Knight Takes Queen" - Great use of the chess game as a context for the discussion between them. And I really like the flirty banter. :D Nice work!

Anedon, Adalia-Durron and Kit' like this.
  15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Anedon likes this.
  16. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I really like it! Well done Anedon!

Anedon likes this.
  17. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thanks, didn´t write the second story alone tough. Was another collaboration with @Adalia-Durron

18. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Apologies for being late with my comments, but I tend to enjoy Halloween all year 'round, so....

This is such an imaginative story! Costumes, candy, spooky forests, and old traditions combined in a unique version of Halloween that could only be found in the Star Wars universe. And fortunately for the boys, their “captors” are quite benevolent, as opposed to what might have happened generations ago. Even without having read anything else about these characters, I had no trouble following the action or the themes - a successful stand-alone story.

Very much enjoyed this. Well done!

Anedon likes this.
  19. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Oh no problem on that, glad you found the time. :)

Glad it works for you. Idea kind of came to me when thinking about Dathomirian culture, how it used to be and how it changed. Also had me think of some tie up games from my childhood. Nice to see it works as a standalone as well.

Thanks for commenting! :)