main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.01 - Chapter 9 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 29, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 13, 2020.
  1. 10

21.5%
  2. 9

31.9%
  3. 8

32.6%
  4. 7

10.4%
  5. 6

1.5%
  6. 5

1.5%
  7. 4

0.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm not sure how we got on this track, but how bout we get back to discussing the actual episode and not "lolz all the characters are basically the same".

3. ChewiePunchIt

ChewiePunchIt Jedi Padawan

Jul 16, 2020
    Absolutely loved it!

As for the return. I'd see the rumours however didn't think they'd go through with it but

Damn it was good to see R5 again!

In all seriousness I liked the way they handled Boba and intrigued to see where it goes. With no beard it makes me think it is Boba not Rex and although I wanted sure about him coming back I'm intrigued to see where it goes

Having read Aftermath trilogy nice to see Cobb included and enjoyed the overall story of the episode

As a huge Ep 1 fan it was so cool to see the inclusion of Anakin's pod as well

Really excited to see what comes next

4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    The only way he would be like Han is if he had a cocky personallity and had an big alien pal helping him. then you could say ah he is clearly just there to grind off the success of Han Solo... but you can't. while with boba i'l ask again... what made them so different? if you took the mandalorian stuff out and replaced it with boba... how much would need to be changed to do it? probably not alot. if Boba was in episode 1 of series 1, and he was the one walking into that bar on that planet to collect his bounty in 95% the same script... would it seem off to anyone? would anyone say nah that is so far out to come from boba?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    Crod1992 and RetropME like this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

I said move on. Not saying it again.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Anyway, I wonder how this story will go with us getting into more mandalorian story.

TadoFett likes this.
  7. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I’m going to reply to this in the season two thread, since I’m not sure future episode talk belongs here

8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    They're the same person, definitely:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Shamear

Shamear Jedi Master star 1

Feb 9, 2014
    This question has been eating me up today but are all gamorreans guards? [face_thinking]

10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, given that we see two of them fighting in a ring rather than acting as guards, I'd say the answer is a definitive no. Also, it would seem really strange if an entire race of beings had one occupation. That would be some pretty shoddy world-building.

11. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    I think having Din never remove his helmet is done to show how devoted he is to the Mandalorian creed. It shows how deeply held his "religion" is to him, and how much his identity is tied to being raised as a Mandalorian.

12. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    There's also a bunch of pirates, bounty hunters and smugglers that are Gamorreans, very diverse.

Tan-Wessel and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    Kind of like how prior to the child, everyone of Yoda's species had the same job? They were all Jedi. ;)

14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I don't think "two" meets the definition of an entire race. Those are just the two we knew about... :)

I mean, it seems pretty silly to ask: Are all members of Yoda's species Jedi? If there are only two left, maybe that's how it just happened to pan out. But if there lots of them out there, it's ridiculous to assume they all make the same exact career choices.

15. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    It was a joke. But prior to this episode of the Mandalorian, every Gammorean we had seen was a guard for Jabba. And I believe we only saw three or four of them.
    Prior to the child, everyone of Yoda's species was a Jedi. Every one of Yoda's species has been shown to be force sensitive, so it is possible that they all became Jedi, especially if there is only a few of Yoda's species alive at any one time.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Sure (though not quite, as we've seen Gamorreans as pirates in Resistance, and in other roles in other media as well). So now that we've seen Gammoreans not be guards, I think that question is settled: Not all Gamorreans are guards. ;)

17. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
  18. Darth Chuck Norris

Sep 13, 2014
    Fine.....All the Gammoreans we have seen in the movies........[face_laugh]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Those are some awesome screenshots. Looking at them, I'm more convinced than ever: Give Cobb Vanth his armor back, and give us crazy warrior monk Boba Fett.

[​IMG]

20. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    the only Gamorrean that matters is Voort ‘Piggy’ saBinring of wraith squadron

Krueger, Bor Mullet and TadoFett like this.
  21. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    They're both stoic quiet types but there already are some differences. Just from him walking by those two ladies and touching their faces. Din has a natural charm, but for lack of a better phrasing, he does have a gaffi stick up his behind. He's socially awkward, though improving.

Din's quietness comes from being sheltered and the helmet hides this and he comes across just badass incidentally. Boba's quietness comes from not wanting to give too much away and hiding his feelings and thoughts as much as he can. He sees vulnerability as a weakness. He is aware that the helmet assists him this way and that it comes across badass.

Din is very frank and a straightshooter. I don't think he's capable of telling or receiving a joke. He's very sincere. I don't think he's ever smirked in his life. And that's okay. Boba exudes a mischievousness. I mean, yeah, he was a kid, but both he and Jango have scoffed and laughed on-screen.

Then there's their hearts. Boba has some sort of code of morality, though, I still think the empathy he's shown isn't enough to conclude that he isn't a sociopath. The one time he's shown empathy were to clones of his father and anything in the context of his father's memory. Sociopaths have shown to care to about actual close ones and family, so this isn't surprising. Din, on the other hand, consistently struggles with his moral choices and his compassion always ends up winning out. Boba's diplomacy is a conscious awareness and decisive step towards whatever goal he has. Din is being sincerely nice the moment anyone is humanized in his eyes.

22. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I'm waiting for Gamorrean Jedi Master Pumba personally speaking.

Vinylshadow and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    Thought the new episode was very good. I'm excited the show is back and I can't wait to see where they go from here.

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Of note, the aspect ratio swap in the climatic Dragon fight was awesome, I've seen aspect ratio tricks in movies before but not on a TV show so it was really, unexpected noticeable and gave the final battle a feel of scale.

25. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I like it!

starfish likes this.