main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Discussion Time: Let's Talk About Drafts - next draft?

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Sep 13, 2007.

1. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Can we talk about keepers? I kinda like the idea of more continuity in the teams from year to year. It’s going to be hard to have a real team identity and narrative with only 3 out of 40 roster spots staying.

I say this as someone who has traded away a keeper, but I would be happy to throw a draft pick into the deal I made to make up for the inflation of keepers, or something like that.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    check your PMs, tell me if that's what you had in mind

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Oh, you can post mine publicly if you want -- see how Shane Spencer and Marlon Wayans do... lol... (or I'll take 'em private)

4. a star war

May 4, 2016
    I guess it would make sense to post them all publicly. Like we've seen them all twice this year, our scouts should be familiar with what they can do.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    No, I think private is okay (as it can affect drafting decisions next season) but people are so curious about just how bad my strategy this year will translate into next year that it could be amusing...

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I think giving everyone their team in private makes sense. Plus, I dunno, maybe ten? Twenty? In depth scouting reports for additional players? Maybe charge Intybucks? Thoughts?

What a GM does after receiving is their call.

7. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    With the exception of @RX_Sith (major roster error found, need to fix that before I sim more of the false fake season), everyone who GMed this season should have their scouting reports. Again, ignore the fictional players.

Wang Chi and cubman987 like this.
  8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Fixed the above issue, got Rx his scouting reports, and going to sim through All-Star Game to give you all an update

And, I figured out how to solve roster issues fairly easily for next season, when I'll go through with a fine tooth comb to ensure accuracy before the season starts.

9. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Cool new feature, we get the Home Run Derby in-game as an eight-player bracket:

[​IMG]

I'm working on figuring out how to export the All-Star Game Rosters. They do a fan vote plus full roster, so pretty cool feature.

Standings through the break:

[​IMG]

Stats Leaders:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Longest Streaks of the season:

[​IMG]

Hot and Cold:

[​IMG]

Current Injuries:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Wang Chi

Wang Chi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Well...

dp4m likes this.
  11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm gonna pause for a day, let you all make requests in what else you wanna see, then sim to end of season and use this as an inexact prep for next season

12. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Can I ask what your plans are for recap formats and sim intervals?

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    So, first off, if anyone is interested in how the HR Derby went:

[​IMG]

Second, the plan for sim intervals is to do one week at a time. The Sim gives a great seven-day view that I can edit (or let ride) based on GM input, and gives everyone a chance to update lineups/matchups for specific GMs (or let their overarching strategy ride)

[​IMG]

We can give each GM the chance to state (or say let it ride) on their seven days of pitching, and then each GM to update lineups. Ideally, everyone has their standard vs. LHP and vs. RHP set, and can go to those (and default on rest/injury) except when they want to call out a specific change.

As to recaps ... my thought was to set up a Wordpress site with an entry with full box scores for each team on a "weekly" (in-sim) basis, and give each team a "game of the week" recap (maybe more if @LloydChristmas decides he wants to be a correspondent instead of a GM)

So, you'd get one of these for each game in the seven-day period:

[​IMG]

plus (at least) one in-depth recap in thread

(This is subject to change based on how much time it takes, TBH)

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Jesse Tannehill being good in OOTP is like icing on the cake of insult-to-injury...

15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I always love the random OOTP faces for retired players.

Wang Chi and DarthIntegral like this.
  16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Hey, it gives you a keeper option!

a star war likes this.
  17. Wang Chi

Mar 3, 2013
    Honus Wagner?

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    compared to the rest of the league, honus wagner's 1908 is maybe the most impressive offensive season of all time, really only rivaled by the babe and bonds.

Wang Chi, dp4m and DarthIntegral like this.
  19. a star war

May 4, 2016
    Good to know OotP doesn’t take where they played into account.

Anyway, I’m gonna go crack open a Rocky Mountain cold coors lite, no reason.

Wang Chi and tom like this.
  20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    ... and a player that up until now was undraftable ... [face_whistling]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  21. Wang Chi

Mar 3, 2013
    Preposterous.

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    All-Star game Results

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit:

And standings at the trade deadline:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    So, much like our real-fake season, the fake-fake season saw us enter the final day of the regular season with the last playoff spot undecided:

[​IMG]

The Performance Enhancers would win and enter the playoffs, giving us this playoff tree:

[​IMG]

The Enhancers would go with the one-man rotation for the playoffs (Jacob deGrom), moving Old Hoss Radbourn to long relief, while the Cornballers countered with a more traditional three-man rotation of Ron Guidry, Ice Box Chamberlain, and Bob Gibson. On the other side of the bracket, stone temple seattle pilots went with the two-man rotation of Martinez and Bender, and Amazings went with a six-man rotation featuring Hal Newhouser, Doc Gooden, Babe Ruth, Warren Spahn, Lefty Gomez, and Tom Seaver.

With a combined 16-homers in the first two games, the Enhancers took a quick 2-0 lead in their series:

[​IMG]

The Enhancers continued to use that power on their way to a sweep, while stone temple seattle pilots used great pitching to sweep the Amazings:

[​IMG]

Bill Lange and Barry Bonds were named series MVPs, with Bonds having a Slash Line of .563 / .632 / 1.000

And, so our first fake-fake season will have the same World Series as our first real-fake season, @tom vs. @Point Given

Wang Chi, Point Given and tom like this.
  24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Regular Season Superlatives:

Batting:

Batting Champion: George Brett (.373), followed by Todd Helton and King Kelly
    RBI Leader: Rogers Hornsby (159), followed by Babe Ruth and Harrry Heilman
    HR Leader: Babe Ruth (67) followed by Rogers Hornsby and Barry Bonds
    Stolen Base Leader: Hughie Jennings (53), followed by Harry Stovey and King Kelly
    Walks Leader: Barry Bonds (140) followed by John McGraw and Babe Ruth
    OPS Leader: Babe Ruth (1.158) followed by Todd Helton and George Brett
    OPS+ Leader: Babe Ruth (171), followed by Todd Helton and George Brett
    WAR Leader (position players): George Brett (8.4), followed by Babe Ruth (8.1) and Lou Boudreau (7.9)

Pitching:

Wins: Ice Box Chamberlain (23), followed by Hal Newhouser and Jesse Tannehill
    Saves: Aroldis Chapman (34), followed by Sean Doolittle and Joe Nathan
    ERA Champion: Hal Newhouser (2.67) followed by Ron Guidry and Kevin Brown
    Strikeouts: Hal Newhouser (402), followed by Dazzy Vance and Rube Waddell
    K/9: Dazzy Vance (15.9), followed by Hal Newhouser and Rube Waddell
    K/BB: Fergie Jenkins (9.3) followed by Kevin Brown and Pedro Martinez
    Holds: Craig Kimbrel (25), followed by Kenley Jansen and BJ Ryan
    WAR Leader (pitchers): Greg Maddux (8.7) followed by Hal Newhouser (7.9) and Kevin Brown (7.3)

Longest Streaks:

Hitting: Tony Gwynn (45 and active at end of season)
    HR: Stan Musial (6)
    RBI: Mookie Betts (9

Fielding:

One player ended the season with a 1.000 Fielder Pct: Mike Trout
    Most Errors: Arky Vaughan (40) followed by Rogers Hornsby and Hughie Jennings (who combined for 43)
    Highest Zone Rating: Lou Boudreau
    Highest Defensive Efficiency: Joe Mauer
    Most Passed Balls: Brian McCann (17)
    Highest Caught Stealing Percent: Buster Posey (32.9%) followed by Gabby Hartnett and Bill Dickey
    Most Games Played: Ty Cobb (158)

Team Stats

Performance Enhancers lead the league with a team .889 OPS
    Let's Play Two lead the league in homers with 349
    Amazings had the best team era at 3.67 (Game of Throws with a 7.64 on the other end)
    Amazings lead the league in strikeouts with 2157

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    The Enhancers took game one in sixteen innings:

[​IMG]

The bigger loss for the pilots might be Charles Bender, who left game one after facing just one batter, leaving him day-to-day with a sprained ankle for the rest of the series.
    For the Enhancers, Alex Rodriguez set a new record for strikeouts in a single playoff time, striking out six times.

Behind three RBI from Norm Cash and a seven-inning, one-run, thirteen-strikeout performance from Old Hoss Radbourn, the Enhancers took their second in a row on the road:

[​IMG]

But, an injured Charlie Bender pitched five valiant innings on short rest to give stone temple seattle pilots their first win in the series and put the road team at 3-0, thanks to a Lou Gehrig two-run homer in the tenth inning.

[​IMG]

And, when Steve Carlton pitched eight shutout innings in game four, we were tied in the series at two games each.

[​IMG]