main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian [Din Djarin] Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith , Nov 7, 2019.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I wonder how much we will see his face this season?

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Seeing his face is not the way.

Tan-Wessel and Bor Mullet like this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    His helmet has spoken.

4. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    He can remove the helmet when he's alone with the Child, since they're from the same clan

I just hope they use it sparingly and meaningfully

5. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    They built up not being allowed to remove his helmet all season and when they did, what was it really for? The only thing that came out of it were people making fun of Pedro's derp face. I could've totally done without it or just even have kept the shot from behind Pedro's shoulders to keep the mystique going for a little while longer. What's done is done though, it is what it is.

6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    What was it really for? It was a critical scene, as he was rvulnerable (literally, his face was....naked for the first time) in front of his greatest fear/ hatred (an assassin droid), and then that droid decided to save his life, rather than end it. Thus, his face reveal was an essential moment in his character development. He confronted his fear, and it turned out to be a misplaced one. Now he can move on to the next stage of his life. Surely, most audiences picked up on that and considered the reveal more than just his "derp face"...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  7. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I actually hope they do show it more...especially if Boba Fett is in the show. He can go back to being the mysterious one :cool:

8. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    You’re definitely putting way too much more into it but I respect your stance even if I don’t agree with it but that’s irrelevant. I’m not here to change anyone’s mind anyway, just putting my 2 cents out there. That’s all. But yeah, I hope we never see his face again.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    You can have both;
    What was it really for? It was a critical scene, as he was vulnerable (literally, his derp face was....naked for the first time) in front of his greatest fear/ hatred (an assassin droid), and then that droid decided to save his life, rather than end it. Thus, his derp face reveal was an essential moment in his character development. He confronted his fear, and it turned out to be a misplaced one. Now he can move on to the next stage of his life.

TCF-1138 and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m not putting anything into it myself. It was clearly Favreau’s intent to have his face revealed to a droid for those reasons. No ambiguity about it.

Darth Chiznuk and TCF-1138 like this.
  11. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    Ok, man. You win. Relax.

12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
  13. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Derp face?

They cast Pedro Pascal, not Eli Manning.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The Manningdalorian?

Bor Mullet and Fin McCool like this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Owen Lars spotted wearing Jedi robes. Secret Jedi!? Watch my 20 minute video to find out, and smash that subscribe button!

TCF-1138 likes this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Well not many wear red robes apart from force cults like the ones seen in Rogue One.

18. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    So... A Mudhorn sigil hey? [face_thinking] Probably should have waited for a KRAYT DRAGON one! :D I mean, which has better bragging rights??

19. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Given the respect that Din grew to have for Cobb Vanth, even after he found out the armor wasn't his, I feel like we're kind of being set on a path where Din is going to start to look at things a bit differently and re-evaluate his perspective on the Mandalorian creed that he subscribes too. By the end of the season two premiere it was obvious that Din did see Cobb as worthy of the armor, despite not letting him keep it, and we've seen in The Clone Wars and Rebels that there are plenty of awful Mandalorians out there, and I'm sure that in his current quest for more Mandalorians Din is going to encounter some that he is going to come to blows with that kind of make faith in the creed wane a bit. I bet we're nearing the start of an arc where he begins to distance himself from his creed a bit, come into himself on his own... and eventually, way down the line, maybe even start taking off his bucket.

"There is another way."

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
  20. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Here's a nice parallel that I think reinforces the significance of Chapter 11 for Din (and it turns out the exact moment I wanted from the episode is really quick).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Aye, good catch, I thought the same thing. The first time he is saved, he is indoctrinated into his creed as a foundling. This time, he learns that maybe he should question it...

The Chalk Jedi and Grey Matter like this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The only thing I wish is that they'd updated the bad clip art symbol on Bo-Katan's helmet. Punch it up for live action.

23. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I definitely think the series is moving our Mando in the direction that leads him to choose a more moderate Mandalorian path.

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    This was...totally spot on!

bstnsx704 likes this.
  25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    there was a very jarring musical moment when Bo Katan uttered "This is the Way" for the first time, almost as to imply that Din is straight up brainwashed and that's used as a code phrase to activate his training.
    Din went from 100 to a 0 real quickly in his disapproval of Bo's plans in that moment. It could be because he didn't have a choice in that moment because Bo had information about Jedi, or it could be something more sinister. We already know he was brought up in a cult, what we don't know is how sinister the practices of the cult are. Maybe Din's lifestyle is not a choice, but was forced upon him after he was rescued. And his dedication to the way of the Mandalore is fabricated.
    Flashing back to Season 1, the Armorer used those words to calm Din and Paz Vizsla, and the rest of the culvert echoed the phrase almost like zombies.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020