main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate "Biden Beats Trump" - The 2020 General Election Presidential Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Aug 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    OAN has some real hardball questions lined up for the next Trump press conference, like "Mr. President, why have you shown such patience with the criminal elements that are trying to steal this election from the American people. Don't you think it's time for a purge?"

2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
  3. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    He really thinks he can win the election by tweeting because that's how he's governed for 4 years.

4. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    The thread will be locked at some point on Monday.

Ghost and Healer_Leona like this.
  5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Great, MS has been taken over by the Nevada ballot counters.

Ghost, PCCViking, jcgoble3 and 17 others like this.
  6. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Four days of waiting and how do I find out Biden won? From my 11-year-old daughter.

We were in the car, she was checking her messages and said: "Biden won!"
    I said, disbelieving: "How do you know."
    "The kids in my class all say it."
    "How often do I need to tell you: never believe what kids say about the news. Where did they hear it?"
    "On CNN."
    "Well, check CNN!"

And sure enough, after four days, the headline was finally changed to 'Biden Wins'.

The kid was so excited, she was looking through people's windows to check if they were watching it on TV. She said "Let's play some American music. Music Trump likes." So I suggested 'Born In The USA', and told her a bit about the rallys and The Boss. She'd never heard of The Boss but she loved it and was singing along loudly before the end of the song (granted, it's not difficult).

That was pretty unforgettable.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Why? :p This won't be over until after the Electoral College meets, can't we keep it open through some of the transition and that vote let alone the House certification)?

Don't make me go into the main cesspool thread...

Ghost, Lady Mary, Yodaminch and 2 others like this.
  8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    There will soon be a US Politics 2.0 thread with this thread's rules

9. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I claim making the thread!

That’s how it works, right?

10. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    these are probably all the people who thought Build Back Better was a good slogan

Alpha-Red likes this.
  11. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    only if you call dibs

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, I hate that ****. I don't want that cesspool of a thread, I want this cesspool of a thread so I don't have to go to that cesspool of a thread. I want to just discuss the election. :p

Yodaminch likes this.
  13. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    We are sending a political message. This election for us is OVER, and the ****-show that is going to follow is something different.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Trump is feeling sad and now watches the Joker, does that say anything about him!

15. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Celebrated with my neighbor for dinner since she had to bail on lunch. Bella Pizza from Oath Pizza, doesn't get much yuppier than that. We ate outside, such a gorgeous night. Also I learned to love SNL on my neighbors couch while they went out and I "babysat" their kids. I mean when your 12 and that inappropriate stuff is on TV it's hard not to watch. It's like nostalgia now, I still watch.

16. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    The more y’all are loud on social and in the streets, the more it drains Trump’s force powers

17. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Is that a real tweet? And if it is real - the date is from August 11 2020 at 2:06 am. Would be funny if Trump though he'd watch a madcap uplifting comedy and puts on Joker to lighten up his mood.

18. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    No, it's not a real tweet you people

19. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Hey if the next few years go well, it might become a real tweet

Ghost likes this.
  20. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    My old boss from my internship, Senator Carper , might be the next Head of the EPA in the new administration.[face_flag]

Biden actually was the person to convince him Carper to run for Congress back in 1982 when he was Delaware as State Treasurer. Then served as Governor for From 1992-1999. He was then Biden's colleague in the Senate from 2008 till Biden became Veep.

He has sat and Chaired committees on Environmental issues In the past and is similar to Biden in he is more of a Centrist compared to VP Elect Harris or other possible cabinet ministers.

Carper is one of the coolest politicians I have met and gotten to meet during my college years and even now actually, NJ Governor Murphy now and the late Senator McCain who I had to pleasure of meeting several times while working for Senator Carper, were also pretty cool to met and talk to. Former NY Mayor Koch was also fun considering I ran into him on the street in Tel Aviv, Israel of all places, he was visiting for some award he was going to be given. I was there for a cousins Bar Mitzvah.

Fun story
    Senator Carper gave the commencement address at my graduation dressed as Caesar Rodney(Delaware 's delegate to the Continental Congress, who was famously rode overnight while seriously ill from Suffolk County Delaware to Philadelphia to vote for Independence) on a 95 degree day in may , the ceremony was om the same day as he was grand marshal of the parade during the annual Dover Days festival, while wearing a orthopedic cast on his leg after he injured his ankle jogging.

21. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    This is going to be one of those days that I remember until I lose it when I have dementia

22. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I am not trying trolling you or anybody else. Period.

I was just saying that if this thread should closed then let it be locked.

23. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Well, its been one crazy week, though by now I feel more relieved than happy. Might as well enjoy today before the next crazy week starts.

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Can we have a colours game where we guess what time?

25. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    11 am. Perfect brunch time.

3sm1r and Boba_Fett_2001 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.