main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Official "The Mandalorian" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Corran1138, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Bantha-powered spaceships is just the next technological frontier in the GFFA. Coaxium is great and all, but Banthas are more efficient and less volatile. I mean, we didn’t leave the Stone Age because we ran out of stones. Time to move forward.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    My significant other started her new job today, which meant that she didn't work from home for once, so I took the opportunity to binge-watch the entirety of season 1.
    This show has made me excited for SW in a way I haven't been for a long time. It's just so good!
    Can't wait for the next episode! :D

whostheBossk, Jaxxon-, EHT and 6 others like this.
  3. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Livin' the dream.

EHT, Bor Mullet, Avnar and 1 other person like this.
  4. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I agree. This is the kind of quality Star Wars that I wish we had received in the ST. I absolutely LOVE The Mandalorian so far.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  6. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Episode 2 would be tough to get through for anyone with arachnophobia.

Also it'll be interesting to see if every episode in this season happens after each other with no time skips.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  7. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    ...and if they'll all be monster-centric :p

TCF-1138 likes this.
  8. BalanceOfTheForce

Dec 18, 2016
    I think I figured out the next rest of the season, I am really confident on chapters 11-13 :

Chapter 11 - Mando delivers the Mum and her eggs to the father. The father will tell Mando about Bo Katan. I think this will be the episode where they are on a ship on the water.

Chapter 12 - Mando meets up with Bo Katan. I think they could run into some of Gideon's Imperials. At the end of the episode she'll tell Mando about Ahsoka.

Chapter 13 - The Ahsoka episode. This is the one that Dave Filoni is directing I think it's safe to say it will be.

Chapter 14 - Boba Fett episode???

Chapter 15 - Season finale pt 1 with Moff Gideon?
    Chapter 16 - Season finale pt 2?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    whostheBossk likes this.
  9. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    The Mandalorian covert is supposedly on the planet where the husband is.
    I don't think it'll take two episodes to link up with them, given that most episodes are around 50+ minutes supposedly.
    Chapter 12 is probably something stand alone again.
    Maybe the one with Micheal Biehn.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  11. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    The Mandalorian game could be fun, but probably just some promo for a different game...

RetropME likes this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It’s not a game (although there is one rumored.) It’s a month of free Disney+ if you sign up to Xbox Game Pass.

13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    So, some points about the imperial facility on Nevarro;

1, Not a question... but how odd to discover an Imperial Base sharing the same planet as the Bounty hunters Guild and a Mandalorian Covert.
    2, What purpose does the base serve? It extends from the top of the canyon (where the landing field is) down and out of the side of the canyon and surrounds a shaft with a lava pool at the bottom. Is the lava used for anything? We see it rising through the base at some point until it bursts out near the landing field, is this a natural thing or have our heroes kicked off an eruption somehow?
    3, Is the Mythrol (seen escaping with Carga and Dune) the same one captured by Din? Why is he in the Imperial Base?

14. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    1) not odd, it's out of sight and mind from the New Republic. Birds of a feather.
    2) general purpose - barracks, stockpile, probably research
    3) Yes, unknown

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I wonder if ex-Imperials also issued the bounty on the Mythrol. Perhaps they’re also trying to splice its genes into whatever concoction they need Baby Yoda for? Interesting that they both seem a bit amphibious, and many amphibians have extraordinary regenerative qualities...

RetropME likes this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  17. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Happy happy joy joy.

Darth Smurf, RetropME and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. BalanceOfTheForce

Dec 18, 2016
    Will we see Bo Katan today?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. BalanceOfTheForce

Dec 18, 2016
    Yes! She looks right out of Clone Wars, I hope Ahsoka will look just as good.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    whostheBossk and Bor Mullet like this.
  20. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Babyoda will be a Sith Lord, I promise you.

21. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    They should have Aubree Miller do a cameo as Cindel Towani. Have Noa's ship from the Battle for Endor seen when Mando lands somewhere and in whatever bar/diner/etc...he is in she is at a table when a droid or member of her crew come up and says "Captain Towani, the cargo has been loaded."

Just a quick and fun callback to the Ewok movies.

cwustudent and seeker_two like this.
  22. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I think we will see Micheal Biehn's character in the next chapter and we will also go back to Navarro.

RetropME and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    In a lot of ways, The Mandalorian feels like a spiritual successor of what Lucas was trying to pull of with Star Wars Underworld. As was often the case with George, he was way ahead of his time technologically - he had those 100 scripts/treatments for Underworld ready to go, but no way to feasibly bring any of them to life on a television budget. Flash forward a handful of years, and now film-budget television series on streaming services are the norm, and The Mandalorian is pioneering the "Volume" for integrating digital sets into the production in a much more sophisticated way than the in-camera real time rendering that we saw them testing in that Underworld test footage. If the technology was there for the Volume to be developed while Lucas was still in control of the company, and Netflix was in the business of creating original series the way they are today, I bet Star Wars Underworld would have actually gotten to move forward and, for all I know, maybe Lucas never would have sold the company.

24. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Was expecting it, but its nice to have an official confirmation :)

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Wonder if this filming will be delayed we’ll have to see

whostheBossk likes this.