main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate "Biden Beats Trump" - The 2020 General Election Presidential Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Aug 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    This is why the thread should've been locked as soon as every network called it.

SuperWatto likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Put the tweets-only in the ****-posting thread please.

Vaderize03, Darth Punk , Rew and 2 others like this.
  3. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Aaah... Like a glass of cool fresh water.

4. Kiki Jinn

Kiki Jinn Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2020
    Trump crowd is 100% convinced of his lies about the election... he’s pouring gasoline and lighting matches on his way out.

5. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    To be honest, I’ve only just noticed it.

6. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    We'll see. The Trump followers thought Trump losing was impossible. Beyond reality that he could lose. Not to Joe Biden. Sleepy bunker Joe. No way Mt Rushmore Trump could loose, not to a Democrats. Not to etc, etc, etc, etc.

That's a huge wakeup call for Trump supporters to go from the reality they were told at rallys to the reality we are in today five days after the election. That's as big or bigger than what Democrats thought about the election in 2016. Trump supporters are still going through the seven stages of grief. It's going to take time to sink in.

In some ways I think the way the election results slowly came out could be a good thing. We'll find out soon. Now some of the supporters will change their minds, but I hope there is a parting of ways for the majority of them and a return to a shared reality soon for most Americans.

Kiki Jinn and Rew like this.
  7. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    I have a tweet too. But you have to guess who said it! No googling.

"The situation in the US & what they themselves say about their elections is a spectacle! This is an example of the ugly face of liberal democracy in the US. Regardless of the outcome, one thing is absolutely clear, the definite political, civil, & moral decline of the US regime."

8. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
  9. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Saying the word 'regime'..... It's another government official in a totalitarian government. I'm going to say Iran. They really don't like that Biden is putting them back in the Obama deal.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    SuperWatto likes this.
  10. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Okay, I guess that was not a tough question.

But I made you read the tweet!

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  11. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    None of which matters once Joe Biden takes the out of office. No president can pass an executive order that states another president can’t rescind it; that would be akin to Congress passing a law and stating that it can never be repealed. Neither branch of government has that kind of unfettered power.

In other words, Trump can sign any executive order he wants, and Joe Biden can undo it. And you can be darn sure that Biden‘s lawyers will be a hell of a lot smarter about not coming up with a contrived rationale that violates the Administrative Procedure Act when rescinding Trump’s orders than Trump’s DOJ was.

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Maybe a inauguration countdown thread to follow all the lawsuits and Trump going crazy and it'll actually have a lock date!

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree compromise should be dead. I hope to god the Georgia races work out

14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I would like to request the thread title be changed to "Long Live Barack Obama."

15. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    US House District 14, which was already called for the Republican candidate, is now showing the Democrat - Lauren Underwood - ahead.

16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    As near as I can tell from news reports, Illinois 14 wasn't called, Oberweis just pulled a Trump.

Edit: Oh hey, that's where I lived as a kid. Weird coincidence.

17. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Michigan is also now showing Biden w a 147k lead. Or 3 points.

Wasn’t really close. It really was just an illusion that Trump to help steal. If they were allowed to start counting early, this would have been over on Tues.

18. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    The brilliance of Donald J. Trump in a Nov. 7, 2020 tweet:

"I WON THIS ELECTION, BY A LOT! "

9 hours ago: Real Donald

"And what concerns me is that we had over a hundred million mail-in ballot in cites like Philladelphia..."

That's a lot of mail-in ballots!

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
  20. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Lets face it, Biden was going to clean house w as many of the Cult members as possible and rehire anyone who got fired anyway.

21. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Fitting, considering this thread is gonna get locked tomorrow....

22. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    So apparently, the special federal government fund that the Biden campaign will use to pay for the transition can’t be released until Trump officially concedes and starts the process. The transition won’t get officially underway until he does.

In regards to the Georgia runoffs, Democrats might want to consider listening to the Supreme Court’s oral arguments on November 10 asking for the ACA to be repealed, then find a couple of soundbites and use them as ads against David Purdue and the other Republican candidate. I would.

23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Oh they will.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I... don't think that's true?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_transition#Process

There's nothing in here indicating that Trump has to concede, only when it happens:

Here's the actual act: https://presidentialtransition.org/publications/presidential-transition-act-summary/

25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    last votes coming in from metro arizona/maricopa are extending biden's lead again, back up over 20k.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.