main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.01 - Chapter 9 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Oct 29, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 13, 2020.
  1. 10

21.5%
  2. 9

31.9%
  3. 8

32.6%
  4. 7

10.4%
  5. 6

1.5%
  6. 5

1.5%
  7. 4

0.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Perhaps they shed their fur, and like a moose sheds its antlers, the Banthas also shed their horns, and it turns out Banthas and Dewbacks are the same animals.

2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    You’re both not crazy, no. It’s just that you’re both wrong. Sometimes more than one person can be wrong about something. ;)

But yeah. Gore Karesh pronounces it funnily, so I can understand why you both heard it that way. But it’s definitely “him.” And the explanation is easy. Not all Gamorreans have the same body type or weight, just as not all humans do. These dudes were fit fighters, and the guys in Jabba’s entourage were not-so-fit security guards.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This is now canon as far as I’m concerned. :p

Bor Mullet, RetropME and TCF-1138 like this.
  4. FrogEater315

FrogEater315 Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2020
    I give this a 10/10. A great way to kick off Season 2. Cobb Vanth, Boba Fett, humanizing of Tusken Raiders, fyrnocks from Rebels S1E6 and Clone Wars S7E1 showing up to kill Gore Keresh, plus a final action packed IMAX-formatted battle with a krayt dragon. Awesome. Simply awesome. Hopefully, the next 6 episodes are like this more than Chapter 10, even though I didn’t hate Chapter 10 as much as most.

Also, I’m going to provide a list of traits that make it clear Din Djarin is not like Boba Fett:

- Boba Fett is the clone of a bounty hunter, Din Djarin is not.
    - Boba Fett is from Kamino, Din Djarin is not.
    - Din Djarin and Boba Fett each have different speaking accents and ethnical backgrounds.
    - Din Djarin was given a new home and found sanctuary with Death Watch, but Boba was left behind on Geonosis to find vengeance on his own.
    - Din Djarin showed progression to become a hero, whereas Boba became a villain.
    - The Separatists killed Din Djarin’s family, the Jedi killed Boba’s.
    - Boba knows about the Jedi, Din Djarin does not.
    - Boba Fett never had a former flame like Din Djarin did.
    - Din Djarin clearly has connections to Mandalore (despite that not being his home planet) and Mandalorians, Boba Fett does not.

The only similarities both have are that they wear Mandalorian armor, work for the guild and carbon freeze their prisoners, but, that’s about it.

Also, The Child and Yoda may be alike in that their Force-sensitive. But, one has a lightsaber and the other doesn’t. And, whereas The Child eats frogs, Yoda eats snakes. So, while they have similarities, they’re not the same character.

You seem to be forgetting that there were Jawas in The Clone Wars that lived on the planet Florrum, which was in Season 1. So, that’s nothing new w haven’t seen before. That argument of yours along with claiming Boba and Din are the same character along with Baby Yoda and The Child being the same character couldn’t be more wrong.

5. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Were they confirmed as fyrnocks? That's a cool connection if so. Small correction, though: They were in episodes 5 and 7 of Rebels.

6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    When I first saw this eposiode, I kinda wondered why they didnt Kevin Bacon to play Cobb Vanth since the episode was kinda like Tremors. Then they had Olyphant trying to look like Pierce Bronsan from The Son which was kinda odd,lol.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. FrogEater315

FrogEater315 Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2020
    Yes, because when the lampposts were on, they stayed in the dark. But, when Din Djarin blasted one of them, they came out from the darkness and attacked Gore. That alone, implies they're fyrnocks.

8. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    You're right! Good catch

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  10. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    just seen the first episode... amazing. I've not read anything but the first few pages.
    is the marshals ride sebulbas ruined podracer??

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    If it's anyone's, it's Anakin's.

12. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    going to have to watch ep1 again.. it was very familiar
    in fact apart from its obvious quality.. its the familiarity that people love i think.. if the ST had started a few years after rotj i think more people would be kinder towards it.. hope this amazing series of short films can Bridge the gap.. luckily i love it all

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    The Mandalorian does a good job of respecting everything Star wars. i think thats where the ST struggled.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  14. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    i just think its an easy no brainer a lot of fans wanted an immediate sequel in the time line.. this is it and its just a wonderful nostalgia fest.. much more than that obviously... but it could have been a tv series from the 80s..with better effects

15. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It could never be a immediate sequel. its 30 years later.

16. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    yes indeed.. that's why Mando works better for some fans.. its the same era as the OT

RetropME likes this.
  17. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    There's also a genuine benefit from, as yet, not bringing any many familiar characters, and thus not having to deal with expectations or ending fates for them.

RetropME and Alien Vanguard like this.
  18. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    That's true, clever it being a nostalgic but keeping the central characters of the saga at arms length.. tho i hope we get as many references as possible
    boba fett!!!!!!!

godisawesome likes this.
  19. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't think it is really the era- it is just a better production that is more likeable; it is as simple as that.

Something special when it can be so universally liked; they need to let these guys make a movie..

20. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    I get what you're saying but I would rather they stick to episodes as it enables richer storytelling. And also, if they were to make a SW movie the expectations would be sky high. The audience would expand to include many outside the core fan base who might want more action rather than quality story. Quantity vs quality and all that. And I'm not criticizing that, but it might have a negative impact on ratings. No one wants that, but it would be a fight between what the creators want and what needs to appeal to the masses, SW fans or not.

My speculation at least.

21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    That's the whole thing though- Mando is the only thing Disney has come up with that IS consistently liked by SW fans and the masses alike. It's the biggest show on TV in the world, and is more well liked than any of the ST movies.

22. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Rogue One (at least in my circles) is loved!

Sarge, LedReader, MrDarth0 and 2 others like this.
  23. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah, R1 is the exceptional movie of the new era.

RetropME likes this.
  24. TheChosenAlpha

TheChosenAlpha Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 15, 2020
    Don't know if anybody posted this before, but it's been confirmed that that isn't Sam Witwer. It's actually somebody called Josh Moreno. He had us all fooled.

RetropME, TCF-1138 , MrDarth0 and 2 others like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Haha! The resemblance is uncanny. Favreau was trolling us.

TCF-1138 and TheChosenAlpha like this.