main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate "Biden Beats Trump" - The 2020 General Election Presidential Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Aug 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    This is a literal word-for-word translation of a hitler speech being repeated by a right wing online personality named "lolisocks" during Arizona's "Stop the Steal" rally. The crowd even cheers when he says "We will not fall for the lies of the Jews this time."

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    And people wonder why I say these people want to turn me and my family into lampshades and soap...

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Where does this Nazi work?

4. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    He's an Australian streamer

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    There are streaming platforms that will host a guy who gives Hitler speeches? Is there like a Gab Twitch?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  6. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    It will end up being Sasha Baron Cohen again.

7. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I'm considering removing the word president from my vocabulary. I'm afraid this word has taken too much energy from me for my entire life. The amount of energy put into this word in the U.S. could be analogous to a king or queen. We have a cult of the presidency in the U.S. and it should stop for the better of everyone. The cabinet leaders are cult-men. They follow a cult agenda.

Bacon164 likes this.
  8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah that race @blackmyron was never called for milk man (Oberweis) though he literally gave a victory speech Tuesday Night, not a "were on the right track" speech which would been appropriate. Jim Oberweis btw ran for elected office SIX TIMES unsuccessfully before he finally found a state senate seat he could win. The guy is worth $3 billion and has a successful milk/ice cream business (I got to admit it's darn good even though he really is a SOB which why we don't really like to go there) yet cannot buy himself a seat other then a state senate seat that is in DuPage County that once touted itself as the most "Republican County in America". The ego on that man must be something to behold. You think after losing race after race after race after race after race you go "Okay I am going to just enjoy being a billionaire". Nope. Power and money truly is a addiction just like sex, drugs, gambling etc. So strange.

At this point @heels1785 it really does not look like if Biden wins Arizona or not but whether it goes to a automatic recount which it appears it mostly likely won't but Trump will ask for one anyway because well that is DJT does.

It's like a broken record @dp4m the Republicans always say this election will be the one where they do better with the Jewish community and after the election when it does not happen, they go on a anti-Jewish rampage. They are nothing but predictable.

And no nothing says Trump has to concede has it's not law to do so, only tradition. The one thing he can do which is could very likely is hold up the electoral college process and really make a scene which would humiliate anyone else except Trump. Then again his loyal followers are egging on in a way to do this since they think everything from elections to science is "rigged" against them since well they cannot stop for thirty seconds to reflect they could be wrong about some things.

So Trump according to that cockroach Chris Ruddy is not even considering conceding he is ready to "start campaigning again". I am sorry but this point all I can do is laugh. Is this really reality? It's like Trump and his campaign are coming out of the locker room to play again after the final score has been posted (they lost) and the other team has left along with everything else except their "fanatics". Truly a strange world we are living in. And as the NYT points out, I wonder who is paying for these rallies since they are not cheap. As my buddy always say, real estate swindlers like Trump are always after bad money with bad money so the "rallies" are nothing more to help fund raise even though they cost big pretty bucks to host. Any town who hosts these without getting money up front is out of their minds.

And I do think we should have start another thread but it should be called something like "Celebrity Presidential Apprentice - Series Finale" since that the next seventy days are going to be a real douse. I do think part of why Trump wants to do this is so he can ultimately blame the courts for not believing his fantasy that the election was "stolen from him" so he can always use that part of his excuse when he is with whomever "even the courts were against me" and as my buddy lawyer said would it be so shocking if he was indicted in court, he would argue that the courts were biased against him for what happened to him in 2020? I would not put him in against him even though that is another fantasy but again the guy lives in Fantasyland.

Yodaminch likes this.
  9. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Trump is selling his personal helicopter.

Liquidation sale everyone!! Gotta pay that election fraud defense fund.

Oh. And he’s planning on holding more rallies where he will read obituaries from dead voters.

10. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    Once again, evil hasn't been vanquished yet. Trump has said all along he wants Barrett and some other court wackos to make him president again. His ambition is to be dictator for life which is why for years he said as much going beyond the Constitutional limit of two terms. That’s the fascist we as a society are dealing with.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  11. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    As I let go, I feel the way that word has demanded too much of my mind. I only see spaces of four years. There is no longer an ugly face occupying those four-year time spans. There is no need to frame U.S. history around these elected cult leaders. I must let go. I let go...

12. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Amazing with the Senate still in play - the Republicans are not out of the woods yet. There can be swift consequences to any tricks they pull now with the Supreme Court. Mess with health care loose the Senate. Mess with the election results (which looks unlikely to happen now) loose the Senate. Beyond the Supreme Court is Trump acts up it can still cost the Republicans the senate.

There are some really interesting checks and balances at play here that largely come down to Georgia.

For transition of power funding, I think Biden will have enough money to set up his side of things. If Trump won't concede the election to President Biden, Trump certainly won't have his administration working to transition out of office with Biden's future administration.

It just took a while for the Blue Tide to come in. Instead of a tidal wave the water level has been rising for days. Going forward we either need to allow mail in votes to be counted earlier or expect a few days to tally all the votes.

The good news is all the rules for how states would count their votes were well established before the election. There is no real controversy here.

Rew likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The only one I don’t think will be rehired is James “let’s reopen the emails” Comey. Wray seems to not be up Trump’s ass.

Iron_lord and Rew like this.
  14. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I don't think Christopher Wray is going anywhere. He just started his term in 2017 and having back to back fired FBI directors would not be good. To my knowledge, Wray hasn't done anything unacceptable.

Yodaminch and Vaderize03 like this.
  15. Kiki Jinn

Kiki Jinn Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2020
    Donald Trump is psychologically addicted to those rallies. It’s a level of visceral adulation he’s never received in an entire lifetime of craving attention and approval.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Trump’s going to continue to slowly kill this country with his super spreader events. That won’t change.

If you think he’s going to stop doing Rallies come January your wrong

Iron_lord and Emperor Ferus like this.
  17. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The Trumpsters that aren't giving up are banking more on subverting the Electoral College now, using state legislatures to override the voting population by citing the 'irregularities' - that way they don't have to 'prove' anything.

18. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    I see that as a pre-emptive firing. It's along the lines, 'You are going to investigate me; I will fire you to put your people in line.' - Outgoing Dictator

19. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Do you really think Trump is going to start behaving like a rational actor, or that the GOP will lift a finger to stop him? Lindsey Graham and his ilk were all over the Sunday morning talk shows today already trying to delegitimize the Biden administration.

Trump could jump into a black hole and Republicans would follow him down, all the while insisting that being spaghettified is not only harmless, but pleasant. I expect a firing binge from tomorrow until Inauguration Day, and then a flurry of lawsuits from Republicans demanding stays for every executive order that President Biden signs with the Supreme Court suddenly finding reasons not to hear the cases on expedited appeals.

Nobody145 and Yodaminch like this.
  20. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Trump literally is the biggest loser. [​IMG]

21. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
  22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    He will need to pay for them. Especially if the local government is not buying his act. The cost of security alone may cause states to start stopping him.

He will soon lose his applause. And like Tinkerbell, without applause he will die.

23. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Please name the new transition thread for President Biden. The story going forward is about President Biden. Let's not get bogged down in a past that isn't going forward.

These ideas are a way to cope as people come to terms with the reality of the situation.

He's going broke fast. He can't pull this off and is nearly out of options. Where's the money coming for the legal battles? He's going against the US Government. They won't get tired and they won't run out of money. They won't give in because it's the cheaper option. This is as impossible as suing the sun in court to stop the day from ending.

No more rallies.

This is a bluff or more likely magical thinking in the moment to cheer himself up. It'd be like asking to rescheduled the second virtual debate net week. Or have an election do-over.

How can Trump even pay for more rallies? Word is there are a lot of outstanding bills waiting to get paid from the last month of rallys. Why would million or billiionaries donate money after the election is lost? What's in it for them? Is he going to charge admission to raise money? And what is the money raised for? Would that even be legal to do?

The Republicans won't let Trump ruin their party's political future with irrational or erratic behavior in his last 72 days of office. The Senate is still on the line. If Trump is reading obituaries to crowds it could really mess with Republican runoff elections in the new swing state of Georgia and other outstanding elections we don't know are up for grabs.

And what does this behavior say about mental stability?

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Trump is going to continue rallies until January 20th at least. Right now his rallies are covered. He needs the attention

Iron_lord, Nobody145, Luke02 and 3 others like this.
  25. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    It's absolutely amazing watching Trump supporters calling the Left pedophiles when, you know, stuff like this exists:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.