main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate "Biden Beats Trump" - The 2020 General Election Presidential Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Aug 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    Good to hear!

I guess with this one loose end tied up, we can lock the thread. :p

Pensivia and solojones like this.
  2. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    OK, now I want to see them open the WH doors with his head.

Don't worry folks, I'm not advocating violence here. Trump's head is thick enough to push through concrete.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I expect the Four Seasons Landscaping will be the future site of his presidential library. The location is perfect with the adult store to remind us of all his awful deeds and then the crematorium to remind us of how many Americans he let die through his lies and inaction.

And, it’s located in the state that ended his chance of re-election.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  4. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    So one of the "arguments" I've heard for the election results being rigged, is that apparently thousands of ballots in many of the battleground states had only the president vote and no other votes filled in.

I'm honestly not that surprised if the ballot was like mine. I'm in Wisconsin, and the few other choices I had for local government only had republicans running for them and no one else. So my choices were 1) Vote only for president, 2) Vote for president and vote for the republicans just to say I voted even though I don't support them, 3) Vote for president and fill in candidates for the other positions with whatever names pop into my head.

I went with option #2, but I could have easily have done option #1, which according to Trump conspiracy nutjobs means my vote is suspicious.

Jedi Merkurian and jcgoble3 like this.
  5. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Once Trump secures whatever pardons and ongoing immunities Giuliani can negotiate behind the scenes to limit or even eliminate any future government lawsuits then he'll drop the "fraud" act and will go away and just snipe from the sidelines.

Jedi Merkurian and Rylo Ken like this.
  6. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Nah. Simpler than that. Once he pays off his debt to his campaign and the RNC.

Then Trump and the Republican Party as a whole will move on.

7. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I'm sure like most people, I'm ecstatic to see the Mango Monster shown the door. Finally some good news in 2020 and some normality in the world.

8. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I wonder if he defraud his followers on the way out through donations. Has there ever been a bigger lawsuit magnet?

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    It was a joke, for crying out loud.

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    "Senior campaign and GOP officials vented that Trump’s finance team, led by former Fox TV host and Donald Trump Jr. girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle, underperformed and was an HR nightmare. Trump couldn’t compete with Biden’s small-dollar fundraising machine, and some donors were horrified by what they described as Guilfoyle’s lack of professionalism: She frequently joked about her sex life and, at one fundraiser, offered a lap dance to the donor who gave the most money."

"And at an event in Jackson Hole, Wyo. earlier this year, Guilfoyle and the younger Trump joked about how she raised money while in hot tubs. Another attendee presented a slightly different version, saying that whoever in the audience raised the most money would be offered a hot tub party with Guilfoyle."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/07/this-f-ing-virus-inside-donald-trumps-2020-undoing-434716

11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    It's not over:

Magic powers save us!

12. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    So, I know that it doesn't really matter any more, but CNN is still showing Arizona Alaska, Georgia and North Carolina as grey ("processing"). I understand they're going to have a recount in GA, but why can't they call the other three (AK and NC for Trump, AZ for Biden)? It seems pretty clear cut... Unless I've missed something?

13. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    The outstanding votes, could, in theory, swing the state to the other candidate. They don't get 'called' until it's a 99.5% certainty for one candidate or the other, which those states have not reached.

14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Alaska's particularly obnoxious just in terms of how quickly that's usually called, but apparently they aren't even starting on mail-in ballots until today.

Also the networks and news agencies have been very conservative with their calls this year, the uncertainties around mail-in ballots and their point of origin is really slowing down estimates (Michigan switching from too close to call to a pretty clean Biden win as more mail-in ballots are counted is the most egregious example). It's legitimately debatable if they'll even bother calling those states before everything's counted now that the overall result is known.

Edit: It's also not quite consistent between major sources; AP and Fox News called Arizona for Biden a long time ago and never retracted it.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL. The level of stupid among these nutters is mind-boggling. Apparently they don’t know that far more people vote in Presidential elections and sometimes that’s the only office people pay attention to—as such, the other offices would not be filled in because people who don’t follow politics would not know who the hell they are.

Yes, Donald, some people came out only to vote against you. Apparently a lot of people did, given the record breaking level of turnout this year. It’s not “fraud” when people recognize that you’re an ***hole and only bother to vote for that reason.

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  16. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Alaska is only at 50% reporting. They haven't started mail in ballots from what I understand, at all. And NC has until this week to receive absentee ballots.

Meanwhile Trump staff member is refusing to sign official documents that would allow Biden's team to get funding for his transition team. And Trump is going to hold rallies where he presents his very fine legal case. What a crock.

CairnsTony likes this.
  17. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    "Police respectfully asked them to leave." Only because they were white. We know what would have happened if they were African-Americans.

18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
  19. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Biden's lead in PA has grown to 45K. Which is slightly larger than what Trump won the state by in 2016. It's also over the .5 margin for an auto-recall...so if Trump wants one there he's got to pay for it.

20. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Unbelievable.

A top Trump campaign aide ranted about the media jumping the gun, and posted an image of the consevative Washington Times from 2000, declaring Gore the winner.
    .... except that it never happened. The paper had to point out that the photo was a fake and that no news organization declared for Gore.
    The stupidest part is there's an iconic historical photo he could've used, instead of forcing a nominally sympathetic paper to call him out.

Edit: corrected errors in the story after a reread

21. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    They're all jockeying to see how they can use it to leverage 2024.

Meanwhile COVID cases are on track to hit one million per week by the time Biden is inaugurated. Trump's refusal to do anything but whine about losing the election may very well lead to a collapse of America's healthcare system. And no, that's not hyperbole. We could easily be over half-a-million deaths by the end of January. Projections are 3,000 per day by 8-10 weeks from now.

Machiavellian fiction-prediction: a vaccine is announced, but Trump refuses to allow it to be released to the public unless he's declared the winner of the White House. Lindsey Graham approves. Chaos ensues.

22. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    I'd like to think people in this country would care about 3,000 deaths p day...but they don't seem to care about 1,000 p day so who knows.

And it sounds like the vaccine is still months away right? I mean, it still needs approval right? And it's gotta be produced now in large quantities. Trump world thinks this means the vaccine is ready to go today...but it's still not going to be ready well past Trump's Eviction Day. And if Trump were to actually say "I'll refuse to allow the FDA to approve this unless I'm reelected would NOT go over well".

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If Alaska somehow flips blue I’ll laugh

Yodaminch likes this.
  24. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Murkowski would have a heart attack, especially with her voting for Barrett.

Yodaminch, Vaderize03 and Luke02 like this.
  25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It took the Obama wave to get a Democratic senator out of Alaska for the first time since Gravel got primaried and even then the presidential vote still went to McCain. It would be really, really surprising to see anything other than GOP dominance given how this has been shaking out, and would possibly qualify as the biggest surprise of the entire election.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.