main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 28, 2019.

1. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    they will both frog hop away into the sunset :p

TadoFett and bstnsx704 like this.
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    frog lady and frog man meet unfortunate demises and Din is forced to adopt the frog children as foundlings and they become Amphibian Mandalorians

MrDarth0 likes this.
  3. Wilhuff's Slippers

Wilhuff's Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 12, 2019
    Any one else a little curious about what that scene with the child looking into the canister at the eggs with the wonderful 80’s sounding music was really all about?

During the first time I watched the scene I wondered if he was feeling the potential life force of the eggs, or if maybe he was about to pull some Darth Plaguies level move and aide the Frog by fertilising the eggs via the force...

I’m pretty sure at the very least he did at one point pull the eggs towards him using the force?

I just don’t buy the way it was turned into a gag, the music was too poignant and insinuated an air of mystery, I get the feeling it’s going to come back into the plot somehow.

I also think it’s interesting that eggs were at the heart of both chapter two and chapter ten. Seems a bit of a coincidence, no?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  4. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Which was to make the gag land harder when it hit, I'd say.

5. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think that was to shock people when he is shown eating them later on. the whole eating the eggs was basically comic relief.

QUIGONMIKE likes this.
  6. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    so after the last episodes there are only two more settings we've yet to visit from the trailers: The water planet (likely this week) and the return to Nevarro.

TadoFett likes this.
  7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  8. Wilhuff's Slippers

Feb 12, 2019
    Problem is, it’s actually horrifying.

The Frog lady made it very clear how important it was that her line continues and the sacrifices that her husband and herself have made, yet here’s the child snacking away repeatedly...
    Popping potential lives like they’re M&M’s!

the other thought I had was that Favrau could using the snacking of the eggs to illustrate the kind of effect that viewing Din being so callous/violent on various occasions has had on the child?
    Kids are sponges and witnessing Din dispose of lives with such ease is bound to have an effect, remember the Cara Dune choking incident?

If it is just a straight up gag with no bigger meaning then I think they’ve missed the mark and under estimated the empathy/sympathy a section of the audience would have with/for Frog lady.

TadoFett likes this.
  9. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well its not like they acknowledged there were very few eggs left. they pretty much just made it look like there were still loads. so i kinda don't buy it was anything but a funny joke. baby Yoda ate that frog in series 1 after all and no one bat an eyelid.

TadoFett and RetropME like this.
  10. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    It really isn’t that horrifying - it literally happens every day in every biome. It’s part of the reason why so many species, especially fish or amphibians, release thousands of spawn - they’re not all going to make it. These eggs weren’t even fertilized. I think they hit the mark with the gag.

11. Wilhuff's Slippers

Feb 12, 2019
    I’d agree with you if those real world species you refer to articulated the same kind of emotional heartfelt plea as we heard from the frog lady and could communicate their hopes, dreams and fears.

Each egg was a potential life, there’s no guarantees they would all survive the journey as was!

Imagine a real world scenario where someone who has their eggs frozen goes to use them only to find that someone has been helping themselves to them.
    Suddenly their chances of having the child(ren) has significantly fallen, all because of the actions of an individual fulfilling their own selfish desire. Horrendous!

TadoFett likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

13. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    I forgot about that Stormtrooper variant from Rogue One, thought it was new.

[​IMG]

14. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    If there's a variant with beskar armor, that would he new. Or was the concept art of a totally new trooper?

clone commander bossk likes this.
  15. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Star Wars has a weird relationship with creatures and killing them...

The Rancor and Malakili.
    The Gungans and...Qui Gon.
    Clones and...the Republic.
    Sand people and Anakin.
    Chewbacca and Porgs.

I don't think Mando's gonna resolve it or have a cohesive and consistent approach to animal rights. Or sentience or circle of life.

L3-37 might have something to say about that of course. :)

I guess it'll be a running gag until we get to the real meat, Gideon.

TadoFett likes this.
  16. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    It's pretty clearly a Tank Trooper. Could it be beskar? Maybe. But we already have the Imperial Supercommandos, so I would expect them to show up before any Beskar-ized stormtroopers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The Tanktrooper is one my favourite Stormtrooper variants. Such a great design. The fact that Lucas handpicked it himself makes it even better.

TadoFett and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

You know someone brought this up and I'm curious what people think here.

I think people thought Mandalorian was gonna be the Game of Thrones of Star Wars

If anything I think Mandalorian is just a Live Action version of the Animated series. Like it has lot of the same tropes and story techniques of the animated series, a lot of the same vibe and feel, but it's just in live action.

Kowakian Kebab and TadoFett like this.
  19. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    they kinda look like Megatron

[​IMG]

Krueger likes this.
  20. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I want an action figure of her.

22. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I want a Baby Yoda doll that you can feed with eggs

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  24. Wilhuff's Slippers

Feb 12, 2019
    I concur.

25. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    All those Cara Dune/ Bo Katan spin off rumours were all clearly just a cleverly designed smokescreen while Lucasfilm work on the real female centric successor to the Mandalorian

Frog Lady: A Star Wars Story