main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate "Biden Beats Trump" - The 2020 General Election Presidential Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Aug 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    I spent the last 4yrs just saying either “Trump” or “the current occupant of thr White House”

2. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Once safety and efficacy are proven, production can be ramped up pretty quickly (at least enough to cover health-care workers). It will take longer to vaccinate the general public, but we're much closer than we were even 2 months ago, and that's good news.

3. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Right. But the Trumpers are crowing that this will be here in weeks. Like Covid is over now. (After being over in April. And in June. And in August)

4. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I'm considering removing the word vocabulary from my.

5. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    When biden is in office fox news will blame him for covid and how it is "higher" under him then under trump. Just which for this lie. Its coming.

6. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    In all seriousness, I wonder what it would take for Democrats/liberals to be dissatisfied with Biden's COVID response. My guess is that one way or another, we won't be seeing the daily death trackers on CNN/MSNBC once he takes office. 90% of their COVID coverage was basically just rebuttals to Trump messaging, so there'll be a lot of space to fill.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    grd4 and Luke02 like this.
  7. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Personally, I've said from the start all I'm looking for is people who are taking it seriously, listening to science (even as it changes and learns more), and are trying their best. I'll even forgive mistakes made, cuz this is brand new territory for all of us, as long as we're taking it seriously.

And i would guess that Dem/Libs wouldn't start blaming Biden Admin for a long time. If things are still horrible in the summer, we'll still have Trump to blame for getting us here. There's probably little we can do to curtail the curve at this point, other than wear masks, continue to socially distance ourselves, etc. And get a vaccine.

The Cult on the other hand will be blaming Biden on Jan 20th. And will certainly blame him if/once he mandates a national mask policy.

8. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    You guys are still using that word wrong. Like, there are few things more liberal than letting covid-19 run free unchecked.

Lowbacca_1977 likes this.
  9. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

With the Pfizer news today, can you not tempt the fate of the evil gods please?

kthxbye

Darth Punk and Vaderize03 like this.
  10. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    The events of the past week prove that Trumpers don't recognize crow even when they're forced to eat it.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    They absolutely recognize Crow. His name is Jim.

12. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Talk around the cooler @DarkGingerJedi is that that Biden will not send out the national mask order but rather he will let the CDC do it since he wants to follow what the plans were supposed to be IE let the CDC and NIH lead the fight which was always the plan for pandemics but of course Trump thought he could single handily run itself but after about 10 days got bored with it.

Ben Carson now has COVID-19:

How the bleep does a medical doctor be so reckless.....oh wait never mind I forget who he was working for still.

13. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Boom!

Yet another embarrassment to my profession. A ****ing neurosurgeon no less.

14. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Again, she's somewhat within her rights to do this until the states officially certify. I'd hope that once PA does (since that appears to be the key state) then she'll relent, but she may wait for WI, MI, etc...

Lady Mary likes this.
  16. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Since I don't post when I'm not at work (take that, Pearson corporation!) just wanted to say I'm happy Trump's out, allowing myself to be a bit optimistic about the Biden administration until they prove me wrong and generally a bit more cheerful about reality as it is. It'll at least be good to have competent pandemic response.

I drove into Lancaster city on Saturday to beep with the celebration. Seeing that and people all over the world having a good time (most wearing masks!) felt great. I liked the speeches both candidates gave but it's all politician talk until they actually do something. Those Georgia runoffs could go a long way towards actually getting some stuff done.

Darth Punk , Runjedirun, Rew and 4 others like this.
  17. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Yeah. Soon to be former President Trump said this pandemic would end so many times. COVID has been four weeks away from a cure or magically going away for the last 9 months.

18. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Always right around the corner. It's like nuclear fusion that way.

19. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    And he’s fired Esper before he could resign.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yep, was going to post -- no word as to why, other than Esper had already rejected use of the military in handling street-level protests over the summer, and presumably Trump was quietly asking to use the military to secure election sites / protests (to which he'd presumably also have said "hell no")...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/politics/trump-fires-esper/index.html

21. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Just like the tremendously wonderful new health plan right around the corner.

Runjedirun likes this.
  22. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Trump is going to simply fire anyone who did not do exactly what he wanted 100% of the time. Esper was the easiest target for the reasons you mentioned. He won't be the only one who will get the axe before January 20th. Trump is going to be like Mikey (Billy Crystal) in "Forget Paris" when he loses it and starts throwing everyone out:

23. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Well of course. He refused to commit the military to a coup on Trump's behalf.

Beyond that, Biden is going to have his hands full trying to repair the damage Trump has not only done, but will continue to do on his way out. I'm hoping the Senate and SCOTUS recognize this to at least some extent and don't tie his hands too much.

Wait, who am I kidding? Of course they will. He's going to be making a lot of acting appointments, most likely.

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Really, though, Trump has never held back on his desire to fire anyone before, either.

"No really, this time it will just magically disappear."

25. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    If Senators literally have almost no autonomy these days and must do whatever Mitch wants Democrats should stop focusing on running against the individuals themselves every 2 years and pool their money together for better produced ads that all of them can share that explain that the local Republican running is irrelevant. That it doesn’t matter what they did in their past. That it doesn’t matter whether they seem likable or not. That every single Republican Senator answers only to Mitch McConnell and so a vote for your local Republican is a vote to let Mitch McConnell represent you and nothing more. It’s a vote to ensure the President that you might have voted for can’t help the region you live in. Everything else related to the individual candidate is a distraction from that. It’s ridiculous to see so many moderate Republicans get duped into thinking that this local hero or former news anchor they like who seems moderate won’t be lock in step with McConnell. It’s ridiculous how many don’t seem to grasp that the person is irrelevant entirely given the state of things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.