main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate "Biden Beats Trump" - The 2020 General Election Presidential Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Aug 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    this is probably a yes and no

it definitely seems like McConnell has all the say, but at the same time it probably has more to do with the individual senators being afraid of being primaried in their own party elections.

2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I’m having this battle right now on FB. They find it impossible to believe that mail in ballots are overwhelmingly against the man who told his followers to not vote mail in. They also don’t believe that there are so many mail ins. My refrain is “he’s more than welcome to present evidence more substantial that hearsay, supposition, and social media posts.”

3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    He did say it would go away over the summer....just never said which year! :)

4. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    That’s just it though. That’s my point. Because that’s the process it makes the individual and any perception of them individually irrelevant and nothing more than a distraction because they will all take their marching orders from McConnell in the end.

5. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    That's a great point. It's being primaried out that's hanging over their heads. If they step out of line - in the next election the party and Trump (if he's still a factor) will denounce them and hand pick a new candidate to go against them. That challenger candidate will get all the funding to crush the incumbent in the primary.

Of course if the national mood changes - those hand picked candidates might not be able to beat the Democrats. This is going to get interesting going forward.

Lowbacca_1977 likes this.
  6. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    You couldn't write this.

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Today my mom was mad at an article defending Antonio Brown, an NFL player accused of sexual assault.

She was livid that this article was written by a woman. She said how could a woman write that article.

My mom voted for Trump....

Rew, EHT, Jedi Merkurian and 6 others like this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I laughed.

Hey Bossie—this is the universe saying that you and your boss are morons.

EHT, Runjedirun and Luke02 like this.
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    this came from manu raju of cnn, but is a good reminder of just how insane relying on multiple recounted states is - current biden leads:

Georgia - 10,621
    Arizona - 17,131
    Wisconsin - 20,539
    Nevada - 36,186
    Pennsylvania - 45,063
    Michigan - 147,896

Bush’s 2000 lead over Gore in Florida: 537

gore had to overcome 1/20th of biden's smallest lead in one state, and could not.

Rew, anakinfansince1983 , EHT and 7 others like this.
  10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Aren't Giuliani and co. just gonna get laughed out of court at this point?

11. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Their evidence today consisted of a post-it note with marker scribbles on it.

That's the best they got. And the judge laughed at them.

12. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Yes

13. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    rolls a joint :p

14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Once locked, can this thread be unlocked on December 14th for 24 hours?

jcgoble3, Pensivia and Luke02 like this.
  15. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    So...any chance Biden could still lose Arizona?

Sorry, couldn't help myself :p.

dp4m and Luke02 like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Welp gonna miss this thread. Not really glad it’s over, but we all better get ready now for a 2024 run from Trump since it will happen

17. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Ah, going back to the sharpie are they?

18. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    2022 is first

Vaderize03 and Darth Guy like this.
  19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    They truly @solojones suspend reality and/or twist to fit into why they voted for him. One of my friends grandmother's is angry at us for voting for Biden. She said we are all "bad Catholics". My friend pointed out that Biden is a devout Catholic. His grandmother responded he is a fake and that Trump is the real Christian. He literally pointed every single reason that is fault including it with how he gassed innocent people in order to do that photo op at the church she loved. She said "okay maybe that was not a nice thing to do but Biden is still a fake Catholic while Trump is a good Christian". There truly will never be a come to Jesus moment for these people.

The craziest thing is that Bossie is not even a lawyer yet he is "leading" the court case fight. Ben Ginsberg who lead the 2000 Bush Florida court battle has stated over and over again this pretty much nonsense and I wonder at one point one the judges will start taking it out on Trump's lawyers since as my buddy who is a lawyer and spent a lot of time loves to say, the thing judges hate above all else is having their time wasted. And this is all they are doing, wasting their time.

Like several lawyers @heels1785 who were apart of the Florida court recount battle have said at the end of the day, we were basically battling over a thousand votes in one state. Trump needs to fight over what is really millions of votes over several states. Yeah not seeing it though I won't stop worrying until that joker waddles out of the White House.

Interesting you bring up @Vaderize03 Arizona since I read this earlier today: "At least one Trump ally had encouraged the President earlier in his term to attempt to reconcile with widow Cindy McCain. But he refused, and she endorsed Biden"

He truly is his own worst enemy...thank God LOL!

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope trump announces he is running in 2022 nothing gets the democrats going like Donald Trump. Also hopefully more Medicare for all candidates win. That would be good to

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I've been thinking about this. The most likely scenario is that Ivanka tries to pull a "Dubya."

Yodaminch likes this.
  22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    what should i do to get ready?

Pensivia likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t know laugh? Knowing this country Trump will probably win

24. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Trump literally isn't even a Christian. Even my family acknowledged this when I pointed out that he said he's never asked God for forgiveness for anything.

25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    trade me lou gehrig

tom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.