main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate "Biden Beats Trump" - The 2020 General Election Presidential Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Aug 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am genuinely curious did anyone bet on trump or Biden winning? I was reading stories about trump supporters putting their whole life savings on him winning. Sucks to suck I guess

Yodaminch, Lady Mary and Kiki Jinn like this.
  2. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    McConnel, Barr, and Trump are still plotting to steal the election.

We can't underestimate this evil fascist bowel movement. It's not over from their PoV.

3. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Trump is moving his focus to Georgia.

PA, MI, WI, AZ, NV are all out of view. He literally hasn't got the money to fight 5-6 states. And since he needs PA to have any shot, it means he's not really fighting anything.

But with Georgia's automatic recount he can pretend he's fighting the results, while getting donations to pay off his debts and make sure his Cult is still spellbound. McTurtle is joining the game because he wants Georgia's run off election to stay Red in the senate.

That's all this is about. They know they cannot steal the election. It's over. They're just getting what they can out of the last remaining days.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  4. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    The Senate has to approve the electoral college results. Who controls the Senate? McConnell.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We have to focus all our efforts on winning those two Georgia elections

McConnell might be a horrible person but he isn’t an idiot. He won’t contest the electoral college. That would literally start something I don’t want to imagine.

6. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    We're also lucky these people are morons. Yes, the senate has to approve the EC, but once states certify their results I don't think there's much more they'll do. McConnell is all about Georgia and staying in power HIMSELF. He's goading Trump into thinking he supports him...when really its just about the Georgia run off. That said...maybe a tiny kernel of trepidation thinks the Rs in the senate will ignore the will of the states certified EC results. But who knows.

7. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    What does she bring with her to get Republicans to follow her? Other than her last name?

Dubya was his own politician with his own successes and personality. Governor of Texas was a big deal. Ivanka is little more than a pet spokesperson for her father. Could a woman in 2024 win the Republican Primary? How does Ivanka connect with the voters in red states?

The way Trump works there are no heirs apparent in the organization. If someone could do what Trump does they'd become a rival and get kicked out. I don't think any of his kids could carry on what he is doing and Trump likes it that way by design.

I have no idea who runs in 2024 for the Republicans. The world can change a lot in four years. Trump seems like the most likely in this moment just six days after the election and two days after Joe was declared winner. But can Trump keep his act together and his popularity up for three years while out of the White House?

The only think I know about the future for sure is that it's unknown. I barely knew who Barak Obama was in November 2004.

Rew likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    And to that I say we gotta treat the Georgia races as if they were the Presidency

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    There is literally nothing anyone outside of Georgia can do about those races. By all accounts outside money from small donors has a negligible effect on campaign performance. It's way more about boots on the ground.

MrZAP, EHT, Jedi Merkurian and 2 others like this.
  10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm going to move to Georgia for 3 months!

*books ticket to Tbilisi*

MrZAP, EHT, Darth_Omega and 7 others like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That’s apparently what Andrew Yang did

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    inb4 the lock

13. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    It sounds like right now Democrats have those boots on the ground, they're still mobilized from the election, and momentum is on their side. I hope they keep going and push hard.

Wow this keeps COVID front and center for the Senate through to the new year. They did enough early in the pandemic for the country to still be rolling on Nov. 3. If the economy crashes now, if cases go way up in Georgia. This is a very interesting political situation.

Yodaminch likes this.
  14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    And we're done here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.