main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Official "The Book of Boba Fett" Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fredrik Vallestrand, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Why not we have had 6 movies with Tatooine.

2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    To have an obi wan show set on Tatooine and a boba fett show set on Tatooine seems abit too the same thing. you can't have Boba stuck on Tatooine too.

3. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Well, it says (said) various, not several.

And since it was a listing for post-production, various could mean one, as in, we don't know know who exactly at this point, but we're not going to put unknown. But someone will/did, because it's post-production work for a TV series, and it was someone among "various" directors; depending on who is/was shooting the post-production scene. And we'll update the listing at a later date.

And if it didn't say "post-production," then that's one thing. But it said post-production, so him appearing in multiple post-production scenes is... I guess something?

Point taken, though.

My point was though, no one has any story leaks about what's going to happen. That's the level of secrecy that's different than other Star Wars productions. No one knows what's going on and that's rare.

EDIT: That's what I was talking about when I said no one has anything on if he's going to appear the rest of this season. Not CV listings.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    DurararaFTW likes this.
  4. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Boba Fett tv series has great potential like during any timelines between gap Revenge of the sith and a new hope, anywhere during the classic trilogy era, or after Return of the jedi.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    But it's only 5.99 a month

DurararaFTW likes this.
  6. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I know it is mentioned in a Deadline article but I just find it verrry unlikely they’ll do a Boba show while Mando is ongoing - even if it is in between seasons. Miniseries or not I just don’t think it will happen.

Wasn’t deadline the ones that misinterpreted the THR article from a ways back and said a series or movie was going to be set on Exegol when the original article just used it as a metaphor?

If it IS happening I hope it does happen on Tattooine. I love the planet but we’ve got it covered from both the saga, Mando and the Kenobi show.

7. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    But Rex was a rebel trooper in Return of the Jedi, so it's probably now unlikely 5 years later he is with Ahsoka (Sadly)

8. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I'd rather just see Boba's story continue with him as an on again/off again reoccurring character in The Mandalorian, honestly. At this point now he's been set up in a way that puts him on path to be an important player in Din's narrative, and I'd rather not see The Mandalorian become a breeding ground for spinoffs, backdoor pilots, etc.

9. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Jordan Maison says this has already started filming.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I wonder if it’s something Filoni and Favreau are working on before starting Mando season 3. Maybe the reason it’s getting started so quickly is because the entire Mando crew is carrying over to this.

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe this will be connected to Mnadalorian.

12. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    The only way they’ve been able to keep this secret is that they probably have the same team from Mando behind the scenes. This is likely a Favreau and Filoni show.

13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I so, so, so hope that this is real. And if it is, I hope it begins immediately post ROTJ (or whenever he escapes the Sarlacc) and ends with him looking at Din riding away with his armor. Then we can get a continuation in Mando season 3.

14. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    It’s curious that this show ended up filming before Cassian Andor.

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    If this is the case (we don't actually know yet, I think?) I'm guessing it's probably because this is a mini-series, which could mean as few as two or three episodes, and it's being made by the team from The Mandalorian, using much of that show's props and costumes, while Cassian is a full series in - presumably - a whole new setting.

16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I would rather have a SW show that was something other than Boba Fett. How credible is this source? I hope not, and from a storytelling standpoint, I wouldn't think they would do it. It seems like Mando would fill the void for a show like Boba, but I guess you never know what they will do.

17. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    Deadline is a Hollywood trade. They’re extremely accurate.

18. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm not really up on these rumor mills, but are they sometimes wrong? Is this virtually assured?

19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It’s never virtually assured, no. But if it comes from one of the Hollywood trades (Deadline, Variety, the Wrap, Hollywood Reporter), then I would definitely pay more attention to it than if it came from KRT, whose credibility has nose-dived for me.

Shamear and SilentGuy66 like this.
  20. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I suppose a Boba Fett miniseries would be the TV equivalent of making a Darth Vader standalone movie.

A no brainer for the higher ups at Disney/ Lucasfilm but ultimately unnecessary in the eyes of the fans.

21. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I just find how quiet this project has gone into production to be abit odd. its fairly unusually. and presumably it would have to be made by the same team as the Mandalorian, otherwise there would be a team of new people working on it, and that would be even harder to keep quiet.

I am just waiting for something to be announced to make sense of it all

22. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    While Jordan is more accurate than KRT, he's also the guy who says that he's ''also heard this'' about almost every popular ''rumor/scoop''

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    He's also been accurate on most things.

24. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    It seems a lot of people have short memories when it comes to certain rumours.

Both the Boba Fett show and the Taika Wattiti movie were once briefly reported to be in the pipeline (the Boba Fett show was literally the first to start this seemingly endless string of rumoured shows) but were quickly dismissed by the fandom with very little fanfare then suddenly when they're reported to have started production everyone is like 'Where did this rumour/news come from?'

25. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    If this is true I really hope it’s set pre ESB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk