main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Utterly Awful Completely Contemptible Please God Make The Suffering Stop Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk , May 7, 2019.

1. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    There's way more dimebag dealers just trying to get by than there are Escobars.

PymParticles and Bor Mullet like this.
  2. DarthRamRod

Oct 1, 2018
  3. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I know it is mentioned in a Deadline article but I just find it verrry unlikely they’ll do a Boba show while Mando is ongoing - even if it is in between seasons. Miniseries or not I just don’t think it will happen.

RetropME likes this.
  4. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I dunno. I can seem them developing lots of miniseries that feed into, and are connected to, The Mandalorian. I can certainly see a live action Ahsoka show that's connected to Mando, and by virtue, a show that connects Rebels characters such as Ezra and Sabine to Ahsoka... and then, no doubt, some of those characters will connect to both the Obi-Wan and Cassian show.

5. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I might be able to see a Boba show if he has renounced bounty hunting and is on a new path. I really don't think there would be two shows centred around separate Mandalorian bounty hunters. I wouldn't be complaining if they did; I just think it's very unlikely.

DarthRamRod likes this.
  6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    So.. you want Boba the born-again Christian?

Yeah, I don't see two similar shows like that either, but some here insist this source is solid, so we will see.

7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Sure. Or gone Space-Muslim. Adopted the ways of the Tusken.

DarthRamRod likes this.
  8. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    Is there any credible evidence they’re doing a Boba Fett series, or is Deadline just speculating?

9. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    That sounds less like Deadline speculating, and more Deadline reporting that this is something they've heard from people "in the know."

For context, Deadline reporting something is different than, say, a fan site reporting something. They're a Hollywood trade that is frequently used by studios to announce news, in line with The Hollywood Reporter and Variety (although I find Deadline frequently has stupider editorial errors, and a truly unethical internal policy of not properly crediting information from sources outside their own umbrella of corporate ownership).

10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    There were some western TV shows in the 50s and 60s that were too ambitious to meet a weekly deadline for new episodes. So those shows would alternate lead actors - switching protagonist from week to week with occasional team up episodes. This meant the show had two weeks to make each episode and would have two episodes shooting at the same time.

This was done out of necessity to make 30+ new episodes a year. Mando doesn't have any of those time limits and Mando wears a helmet - so no one can tell if a different actor is playing the lead.

But it's possible it's a stylistic choice inspired by old tv westerns. And the show tile "The Mandalorian" is open enough to include multiple main characters.

11. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    Just seems weird they would start filming a boba Fett series before filming the cassian andor series that they already officially announced.

12. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I’m pretty sure the Cassian Andor series was supposed to start filming this year but was delayed due to COVID-19

13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    If it happens, it'll be because Mandos are hot right now. This is just a corporation trying to make a spinoff of a hit show, just like "Fear The Walking Dead" was.

14. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    True that Mando is the hot property right now, and they would try to capitalize quickly.

It is also like Mando in that they can do a lot of work on production during Covid (lots of digital tech, actors frequently wearing masks on-camera anyway, etc.).

15. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
  16. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    It's not relevant to future films, but he had me up to "and Darth Maul is the leader of the gangs and his apprentice is Darth Talon." Would I have liked to see a power struggle between these backwoods stormtroopers who refuse to give up the cause, the criminal underworld, and the fledgling Republic? Yeah, that would've been cool. Am I fine with Darth Maul having been brought back and used in The Clone Wars and Rebels as a criminal overlord? Sure. Would I have wanted to see robot-legged Darth Maul shown up in Episode VII as the Big Bad? Absolutely not. I also, frankly, take Lucas' insistence at what he would have done with a grain of salt, because they change frequently.

Fredrik Vallestrand and EHT like this.
  17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That's everything I would have posted about this if I could have mustered up the energy to type it. :p

PymParticles likes this.
  18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yes, Darth Maul seemingly being the big bad just wouldn't have felt right. It just, I don't know, wouldn't have felt authentic enough, or earned. I have to admit, however, that his stuff about the Whills and the Midichlorians does peak my interest, though.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  19. DarthRamRod

Oct 1, 2018
    I didn't really have a problem with midichlorians, despite it being too sci fi, but the Whills being another microscopic force organism is too much.

20. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah, I wasn't terribly thrilled with the Palp resurrection either though. I don't know that it would have been any worse as a baddie to end things; I think it would have depended on the execution.

21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Even though I think most of these are George's ideas now if he was making the ST, not back in 2010, I still like all of it more than the ST we actually got from Disney.

cwustudent and Lee_ like this.
  22. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    If his idea hinged solely around an Imperial faction carving off a single backward homeworld for themselves, Luke struggling to put the Jedi Order back together, and Leia struggling to keep the Republic together while fighting off a crime syndicates that were encroaching on their territory and wreaking havoc throughout the galaxy, then yes, absolutely. Granted, it seems like that would have been difficult to do convincingly, since he said it would have started "a few years" after Return of the Jedi, which sounds like a lot less than three decades. Not sure how they would have handled the OG3 if that was the case.

But where this completely and unequivocally loses me is the Darth Maul/Darth Talon thing, to the extent where I absolutely would not take this over what we got, which admittedly I am mostly pleased with. I can rationalize and accept a Palpatine resurrection at the tail end of the Skywalker saga from the perspective that it narratively and thematically fits the arc of the nine movies; our heroes are fighting variations of the same threat from TPM to TRoS, and having just watched all the movies that way a couple of months ago, I felt it worked a lot better than I did back when I first saw TRoS in theaters. I cannot imagine robot-legged Darth Maul, running a bunch of gangs with his tattooed Twi'lek apprentice, fitting into any sort of narrative throughline in the same way.

Now, if you merged the two, took out Darth Maul/Darth Talon, had Leia as a frequent target of criminal activity because she killed Jabba and the crime syndicates want revenge, and had the insane stormtroopers who were still loyal to the Empire actively trying to resurrect Palpatine throughout the trilogy, maybe have Luke investigating what they're up to over the course of the three films, realizing how thoroughly unprepared he would be for a Palpatine resurgence considering his only backup is children... maybe that could have been great. But as we say on Earth, c'est la vie. It doesn't do to dwell.

23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Execution aside, having Palpatine be the ultimate big bad of the ST makes infinitely more sense than having Darth Maul. However, we have no idea how this would have played out. One thing is for sure, I definitely want to hear more. I feel we will soon-ish. Gradually, more and more about Lucas' plans for the ST are starting to trickle out.

24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I'm all for it, but will believe it when I see it, too.

25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Also no one gonna bring up that even George was gonna go against the idea of Luke being "The Last of the Jedi" when it said there was gonna be 50 to 100 Jedi still around.

\
    I mean we are getting a version of that called The Mandalorian ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2020