main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    I see. I wouldn't put much weight on the video game stuff. Is just PR for the most part.

Q: What is J.K. Rowling’s involvement with the game? Is this a new story from J.K. Rowling?
    A: J.K. Rowling is not directly involved in the creation of the game, however, her extraordinary body of writing is the foundation of all projects in the Wizarding World.
    This is not a new story from J.K. Rowling.

Notice how they said not directly involved meaning somewhat involved. The game is just using the world she created and pottermore stuff and I'm sure they cleared stuff with her if they had a question most likely. Also, noticed how they had to emphasize that this is not new story from her. They can't created new stuff without her.

Vialco likes this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I think Rowling has had a pretty direct creative control over at least the first two Fantastic Beasts movie. The whole problem with the 2nd movie was that it felt like an index checking about HP lore where nothing happened until the end, it's probably the most Rowling-centric movie we've gotten.

I'm actually really glad they're bringing back Steve Kloves for the next FB movie, he took a lot of very long, very divergent books and made them incredibly zippy. While novels can have room for sidestories and the whole problem with Grindelwald movie is that it thinks that sidestores and minutiae are propulsive narrative. Instead it's just kind of a drag.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    It's spin control for trying to offset her anti-trans crusade bringing bad publicity. That's it.

4. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Am sad by this, i enjoyed him in the movies and him as an actor. Hopefully they can recover from this.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Who's they? WB?

7. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Yes WB asked him to resign due to the libel court ruling.

Vialco likes this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    WB should really go after Ezra miller for hitting a women and Amber Heard abusing someone. Go all out.

Emperor Ferus and SevPrince like this.
  9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Who do you think they'll cast to replace him? I know when they went from Richard Harris to Michael Gambon there was a lot of uproar, but I think Michael Gambon did a great job.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think someone who resembles both Colin and Depp.

11. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    Are they going to fire Amber too. Be consistent at least. Ezra too.
    Anyways, it doesn't make sense to get Colin Farrell back because what would be the in story logic.
    I would love Farrell back as Graves but it wouldn't make sense for Grindelwald to disguise himself again as person he was exposed being already. Grindelwald would have to be disguising himself as someone so new character is required.
    They should get James McAvoy.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  12. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Amber is in the Stand remake coming out soon. I am a big fan of the book. She plays a treacherous vixen.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    so perfect for her then.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    "Boy, Grindelwald and Dumbledore's brother really went on a polyjuice potion bender there for a few months, huh? Really messed them up!"

15. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Maybe they just won’t make any more bad movies

black_saber and TiniTinyTony like this.
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I have hope for the third one, the one who directed the third Harry potter movie will help with the script.

17. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Alfonso did some good work, it'll be interesting to have him back. Though my favorite director was Columbus.

18. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Also, Depp doesn’t deserve this.

I read the whole story and I gave both sides a fair chance with an open mind. I believed everything bad about Depp until more came out. Amber Heard deserves as much repercussion if not more.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I understand why Disney didn't want him in the new pirates movies as at that time it looked bad for Depp as all pointed to him, but now we know more and and Amber admitted as mutch on tape, but when he lost his civil case now it looks bad as the judge went against him. I hope he continnues to fight for his life and career and bring down Amber down. He fell for a pretty face and that's been ruining him for years now.

20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The clouds have been on the horizon regarding this for a while. I would bet that as soon as Depp vs Heard began years ago, higher-ups at WB contemplated a Plan B in case things escalated.

21. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    just stop making bad movies

23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Damn I want that now, Mads can do no wrong. Inner continuity nerd would appreciate some cover though, maybe Depp Grindelwald was even another layer of magic. I know they didn't with Dumbledore but he's a good honest man, Gindelwald is a baddie, give him more layers of deception.

24. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Kaecilius vs Yon Rogg :p

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. SevPrince

Nov 4, 2016
    I was thinking this too. I don't want Grindelwald to be in another disguise to explain the recast. I hope the solution was that Depp's Grindelwald (the face the wizard world knows him as) is another disguise and that this is the true reveal so to speak.

darthcaedus1138 and BigAl6ft6 like this.