main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming Diagon Alley: The Official Harry Potter Thread/Hogwarts Legacy

Discussion in 'Community' started by Kessel Runner, Jul 26, 2001.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    As long as he doesn't pull a Gambon Dumbledore and scream, "CREDENCE, DID YA PUT YOUR NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIRE?" :p

2. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    "According to a source familiar with the project, Johnny Depp had shot just one scene as Grindelwald before leaving If Mads Mikkelsen were to replace him, he would not need to replicate much footage."
    According to Variety

3. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I've made this kind of complaint or a variation for every fandom I'm a part of, including Star Wars, but I've been on the HP wiki more lately as well as the Harry Potter subreddit, and I see a lot of varied people who are passionate Potterheads. They seem to be reasonable, everyday people.

But in real life, it seems like a no-no to like something as old news as Harry Potter. Nobody talks about it or is excited about it. Very rarely maybe, and it's sad that I rarely get to talk about the characters, stories and houses.

People need to be aware that it's okay to be a Potterhead. And it doesn't make you childish or whatever stereotype or buzzword you want to pull out of the Sorting Hat or the Vanishing Cabinet.

Harry Potter will be a thing as long as its fans are.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    a lot of people may be moving away from harry potter, not because it's considered childish, but because the author it turns out is a terrible person.

5. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    I've noticed this long before Rowling's tweet though. And I still find plenty to enjoy, and I know I'm not alone. It just seems people who agree are hard to find outside of places designated for HP.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    well it's the reason i stopped being a fan.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Screw anyone in real life if they say it's no longer cool to like something just because "its time has passed" or some bs. Be passionate about whatever you want, and if anyone has a problem with that, then that's on them, not you.

But also try not to think of interacting with people online as not real life- you never know what paths you'll go down on the internet- stick with what you love and you'll find others that share that love, and maybe you'll even form real meaningful relationships.

8. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Good point @Todd the Jedi

Ive made quite a few friendships here better than any in real life.

what house are you in, out of curiosity. I’m in Hufflepuff, which Hagrid says is a load of duffers.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I always thought it was more interesting to have people who know you tell you what house they think you should be in. That way you see how others see you.

Coruscant and Force Smuggler like this.
  10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I think you both should be in Slytherin.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    That's actually an interesting idea CT.

12. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I don't believe that, and you're starting to sound like a Separatist.

Wait. Aren't you a Separatist? I mean, all your favorites are on the Separatist council. It all adds up.

BC is definitely Ravenclaw. She would have found Ravenclaw's diadem in year two. And she would have been chilling in the Chamber of Secrets in year one. If I wrote you into my fan fiction, I'd throw it out for making you a Mary Sue.

13. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Btw if I wrote myself into the Wizarding World or whatever you nerds call it, I'm not saying I would have hooked up with Umbridge, but I am saying I would have gotten Umbridge fired for getting caught in a compromising situation with me, her student, in her bed past midnight.

You know. If I wrote fan fiction. I definitely don't. But don't you think of stealing that plot point.

14. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    It’s better than Cursed Child, fwiw

Rew likes this.
  15. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    I actually don’t hate Cursed Child, but the biggest flaw in it to me is the lack of explanation as to how Snape survived in the alternate timeline.
    Cedric killing Neville before he killed Nagini wouldn’t affect Snape’s fate. I get why he was there, he’s an important character in the series.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I probably took a house test or two but I don't remember my results, so I'll just go with Ravenclaw because they're the wild card of the houses.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  17. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Thought that was Hufflepuff, but fair enough :p

So....for some reason I particularly like the Marauder Era. I’m not a Snily shipper but I can’t help but like reading about young Snape in particular. Minus being part of a reactionary cult, I feel like I was like him socially at the same age.

I can enjoy Lily and the Marauders too even though I wouldn’t have liked them in high school.

darkspine10 likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Exactly what a Hufflepuff would think. [face_tee_hee]

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    *fixed

PCCViking and Emperor Ferus like this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So what was Snape doing as headmaster during the very bad year if he was always Dumbelore's man? Harry named his kid partly after him as headmaster. But students were being tortured and it seems Snape just sort of stood around until Voldemort killed him in spite to get the elder wand. I guess things could have been worse at Hogwarts without Snape?

21. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I imagine he probably did restrain the Carrows somewhat. Of course, Neville also said the rest of the teachers avoided giving students detention or sending them to the Carrows if they could avoid it. He had to walk a fine line, though.

But if Hogwarts had been controlled by Bellatrix? *shudders*

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Snape sent Neville and company into the Forbidden Forest once during that year. That wasn’t that bad a detention

23. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    I know that movie and book canon are different, but in the movie he deflected McGonagall’s spells so they hit the Carrows.

Not noticable if you don’t know it’s coming.

24. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Somewhat related, it's been announced that Alan Rickman's diaries, which he wrote with the intent to one day publish, will in fact be collected into one book and published. It spans his acting career and gives his thoughts on acting, his time on sets for Die Hard and Harry Potter, and even things like reviews of plays he had seen.

Really hope they release an audio book read by Benedict Cumberbatch doing his Alan Rickman impression. It's the closest we'll probably ever get to the man himself reading them.

25. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    There also something I wanted to mention of Harry Potter being rebooted according to Daniel Radcliffe. It’s not official of course.

I think this idea if it happens could be a big win for the fans who prefer the novels and where dissatisfied and disappointed with the films.

A lot a fans might not want the reboot But I am excited for it and Daniel Radcliffe has been talking about the idea for a year or two.

I think the Reboot would serve better as a tv series so that more details from the books can have be presented on tv that where left out of the original movies.

Maybe we can have two Pottermore cinematic universes. Both the current and the other rebooted one.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020