main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The US Politics discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keynote23

keynote23 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jul 26, 2006
    How about wishing him his karma?

In spades?

2. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Woot. And yet Trumpers think all the swing states are now going back to Trump.

Rew, EHT, Dagobahsystem and 8 others like this.
  3. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Hopefully Don Jr and Eric will uphold the tradition of writing a letter to the children of the incoming president. Hunter will get a real kick out of reading it to his homies while they're passing the blunt

Rew, Yodaminch, Darth Guy and 4 others like this.
  4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    One of the key cases of 'voter fraud' - where a postal worker in Erie, PA said that he was told by a superior to backdate mail-in ballots that were sent after the deadline - has now been debunked when the postal worker confessed yesterday to a USPS OIG team that he had made the story up, and has signed an affidavit to this effect.
    Oh, and he got $130,000 in donations from the GOP for his testimony prior to that.

5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    So much winning and yet I’m not tired of it!

Rew, EHT, Yodaminch and 4 others like this.
  6. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
  7. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    Jedi Merkurian and Yodaminch like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Apparently 80% of Americans think Biden is the next president

Rew, Kiki Jinn and JEDI-RISING like this.
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    https://www.tmz.com/2020/11/10/usps-postal-worker-admits-made-up-claims-backdate-ballots/

WaPo is paywalled.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    pennsylvania secretary of state has reported that 10k ballots were received between 11/3 and 11/6.

the largest of the hissy fits being thrown by the trump campaign in that state revolved around 1) a james o'keefe story that was debunked almost immediately when the key witness admitted today he made it all up (shocking); and 2) mail-in ballots received after election day. in the event that these votes were thrown out, which they certainly will not be, biden will still win the state by 35k votes.

jon ossoff is drawing massive drive-in rallies, and warnock has led in the other seat's polling for months. if mcconnell is counting on this wet fart of an end to the trump campaign to "fire up" georgia voters with cries of fraud, may want to reassess.

Rew, EHT, Kiki Jinn and 5 others like this.
  11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yep, generally there was a decent chance that the post-marked ballots arriving past Election Day would be thrown out.

But the conventional wisdom at this point is that SCOTUS will punt on accepting the case, since a ruling wouldn't provide any relief and force them to make an unpopular decision either way that would change absolutely nothing (and either legitimize that the court is acting politically to disenfranchise Democrats, or the court is acting politically to enrich the "this election was stolen" narrative by some Republicans). It's lose-lose if they take the case, and neutral at best if they simply punt.

12. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Surprise! The postal worker is now saynig that he didn't recant, and we'll 'find out tomorrow' what happened.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Will the announcement be held at the Four Seasons....

14. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    as bad as Cruz and Graham are, i think Johnson of WI is actually worse. He's been running around the globe trying to dig up dirt, spreading conspiracies. Today he was asked if he had congratulated Biden "Nooo" he drug it out sarcastically , then added "There's nothing to congratulate him for"

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  16. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    yes I did. No I didn't. It happened. Wait. No, it didn't. But it did, wait...you'll find out tomorrow.

These guys remind the UFO disclosure people who are always touting some soon future date, where something big is going to happen, but yet vague as hell, and then the day shows up and they're like "We're releasing a new podcast where we'll be releasing disclosure news very soon"

17. Lady Mary

Lady Mary Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2014
    As a former postal worker, I was ordered verbally several times to do things that I was not supposed to do. But the postal union always tells us to get these things in writing or don't do them. If he did something like that, which is illegal, he will be given the option to resign. (it's a lot cheaper than firing us). If he can prove he was ordered by a superior, then he's off the hook. But it wouldn't surprise me if he was ordered to break the law.

18. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I'm sure it'll turn out to be just as real as Trump's health care plan, which we'll see in two weeks. After they're done with Infrastructure Week.

They've already bungled the pandemic response from day one, guess they're going to keep messing it up until the very end by delaying Biden's transition team. You hear Republicans asking what's the harm in humoring the president, as if there isn't a pandemic going on (well, not like people dying bothers them anyway).

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    That's a B-, so not great but not terrible.

Yodaminch likes this.
  20. keynote23

keynote23 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jul 26, 2006
    It must be deal time in the White House.

We have a president who is likely on his way out but still has access to presidential power, influence and information for the next two or so months.
    He's a once in a lifetime, limited-time offer for anyone who wants anything the office of the president of the United States can provide.

Classified info? Cushy positions for friends and contacts? Troop deployment plans? All of it up for grabs if you can contribute any kind of legal protection, debt cancellation/payoff.

And as his time runs out he'll lose negotiating power which means he'll give up more for less. This is a massive threat to the security of the nation.

If anyone in the intelligence community with both a conscience and the pull can do so, they should have Trump under the highest surveillance every second of every day from now on.
    Hell, they should approach him with a never-ending flood of undercover agents trying to solicit classified info so that the moment he leaves the white house they can charge him with conspiracy to commit treason.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    Rew and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Ballots have dropped in AK and AZ. Not nearly enough votes in AK -- so all of those races should likely be called for Republicans soon. And in AZ, Trump is still narrowing the lead, but at a far-lesser rate than he needs...

22. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Actually, no :p The news of Hitler's death on the 30th of April surfaced on May 2nd, 6 days before VE Day (May 8th), and the dominant responses were either disappointment that he wouldn't stand trial or disbelief, along the lines of "Has he fled?" or "Where's the body?" (the news of Mussolini's death had also just emerged, and in his case, there was photographic evidence of his corpse hanging upside down from a meat hook; Dönitz' announcement of Hitler's death also portrayed Hitler as having died in combat). The explosive cheering in response to the news of Hitler's death was basically confined to BBC offices and a few American press offices.

:-B

23. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Hi, my name is Mike Pompeo and I'm Secretary of State.
    “There will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration."

The problem is that the photographic evidence of Hitler's corpse is sketchy. That's what the documentaries I have watched say.

I think the UFO and disclosure community tried to project their desires on to Trump. As if Trump is going to hold a press conference and admit the existence of UFOs...

24. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    It's not just sketchy, it went unreleased back at the time - the Soviets spirited away the photographic evidence along with what charred remains of Hitler they could identify to Moscow but did not show them for more than forty years. It also didn't help that there were partially calcinated corpses photographed outside the bunker - those of Joseph and Magda Goebbels.

25. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    The footage of Pompeo - wow. He was extremely, extremely nervous.

Luke02 and Tython Awakening like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.