main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    He won't become a Mando. his character doesn't need to be a mandalorian. even more so when apparently this phase of Mando can't take helmets off.

2. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    Do you work for the story group or just like to shoot everything down?

Mando lives in his own bubble because of his clan silly rules. Him easing up on his beliefs is what gives this show examples of his growth. He HATED droids in the first episode and look how they made it a point that he's already ok with them in the Season 2 Premiere. That whole not removing helmet nonsense will eventually become irrelevant as this show goes on. Especially after crossing Mando's we're already familiar with.

I guarantee you that cliche with him needing to remove his helmet to defeat Boba/Gideon or whoever the big bad will be is definitely coming.

And Vanth doesn't need to become Mando, it was just a fun theory that Din could just let him use some old armor when he eventually returns to help him for whatever reason. I highly doubt Cobb Vanth would be of much help shooting bad guys with Din in a red sweater and scarf.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Also, he and the Child are literally "a clan" of two. Where's Baby Yoda's mandatory (Mandatorlorian?) helmet as a member of a Mandalorian clan?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    No but if i was, there would be alot of factors to take into consideration when it comes to direction. and i am fairly certain the story group also takes these things into consideration. they have Cobb down as a sheriff cowboy type figure... why would they make him a Mandalorian? why would they change him when they have a perfectly unique character right there? and again apparently you put that helmet on... its not coming off. apparently.

So i don't need to work for the story group to be able to analyse this stuff

If its gonna become irrelevant then why does it exist in the first place? the show hasn't acknowledged as a fault. the show just treats it like "this is the way". thats the excuse for it.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Where is Baby Yoda's helmet?

He is part of the same Mandalorian clan as Djarin.

One Quarter Portion likes this.
  6. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    Exactly. He doesn’t even follow its own rules.

Again, he hated Droids and he doesn’t remove his helmet when the show started, but in the last episode, a Droid removes his helmet. So what’s the point of the rule now? It’s irrelevant.

7. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    But its not a rule just for him. its apparently a rule for all mandalorians.

8. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Din Djarin was human boy of 12 or older when he put on the helmet, old enough to speak for himself. Putting a helmet on Baby Yoda and making him wear it in front all other living beings is both cruel and not really possible. And IG-88 is not a living being.

MrDarth0 likes this.
  9. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    I suppose if one were to have selective memory but an entire series called The Clone Wars and Rebels both say otherwise. From what we've learned from the show, it's just his Clan.

And again, he already broke the rule when IG removed his helmet for him so what's the discussion? The rule came and went with season 1. Does it conveniently just start over?lol

10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Are you actually watching the show? Mando says he can’t show his face to a living thing and IG says he’s not a living thing...

11. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    Ok. But there’s still no evidence anyone outside his Clan also believes in that silly rule.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Multiple characters in the show comment on how Mandalorians never take their helmets off. Clearly things have changed since the time of Rebels.

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    But in-universe, that was about ten years or so ago. I don't dwell on it too much like a lot of other fans, but I do think it’s a bit of a continuity goof.

14. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    That’s why it can get frustrating talking about SW sometimes. Retcon after Retcon. It’s own canon being trumped by the next thing. Cherry picking from different things that clearly don’t have continuity/connectivity. It’s kinda crazy.

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Multiple characters “in the Outer Rim” comment on how Mandos never take their helmets off. So it could be a clan thing among Mando exiles in the Outer Rim.

And in Rebels, we only ever see Mando elites take their helmets off, not the regular joes. The upper classes might have different rules for themselves.

There are lots of ways to make it work in-universe. And I guarantee it will be made to work in either this show, or ancillary material.

Krueger likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Haha. Never has my speculation so immediately panned out.

17. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I hope we see Cobb again but I think the chances are slim to none.

18. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Either giving Cobb Vanth Boba Fett's armor or recruiting Cobb Vanth's help for a mission is the only thing I could see making Mando need to return to Tatioone this season. And I'm sure Boba Fett's armor, which Mando has on his ship, will be returning to Tatioone this season. So I'd rate the chances from high to certain.

Jaxxon- likes this.
  19. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    So...as I was saying. Clearly that rule was just shoehorned in as another way for Din to develop growth over the course of the show. That helmet’s coming off one way or another this season and that rule will be irrelevant as I predicted.

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Star Wars has never so quickly had mercy and settled a canon debate. :p

21. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    They created the no takey helmet off thing for the show. Don't be so shocked if the latest episode changes nothing for Din. Having Bo Katan involved they kinda needed to say something. But then Din just walks away saying "its the way of mandalore".

I could see Din showing his face again, especially if its true the actor wants face time... but this helmet rule was added to the show for a reason. And i think it was more a never taking your helmet off is Kewl! reason.

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Who gives a **** if that was the reason? That reason has now contributed to adding additional layers of culture to the Mandalorians, which is a good thing. If a character/ story/ wouldn't this be cool element in Star Wars enhances the world, why dismiss it? I just don't understand that level of cynicism.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2020
  23. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    I hope you are right.

24. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    BY is a child. The helmet is obligatory only when reaching adolescence. Its literally spelled out in Season 1 Episode 4.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    The helmet remaining on is not obligatory in order to be a Mandalorian. It's literally spelled out in Season 2 Episode 3.