main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.03 - Chapter 11 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 12, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 20, 2020.
  1. 10

31.6%
  2. 9

36.0%
  3. 8

22.1%
  4. 7

6.6%
  5. 6

0.7%
  6. 5

2.2%
  7. 4

0.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 2.03!!
    Chapter 11
    -------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) The Mandalorian episodes air on Friday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I assume the frog lady finds her husband, looking at the still.

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    How to summon the Mandos

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    sithboy and GregMcP like this.
  4. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I'm really hoping Ludwig has worked in some nautical themes into this episode. Perhaps there will be a group of Quarren belting out sea shanties.

GregMcP and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    I'd LOVE that but I'm not expecting it.

Also, Sasha Banks is totally Night Owl material, right?

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. Alien Vanguard

Alien Vanguard Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2015
    Looking at that picture from the trailer, it looks like there are only two or three eggs left in the frog's tank ;).

Anyway, after watching the trailer again I'm inclined to believe that the flaming Razorcrest in the atmosphere may be during the "landing" on the ocean world. He "lands", Frog couple meet up and all is well. Frog papa points the way to whoever Din needs to talk to as payment for his better half returning with the eggs. What happens during the ocean journey is the million dollar question but I have a hunch he and the crew will be met with resistance at some point. Barge is destroyed, Din clings on to some flotsam, Baby Yoda bobs up and down in his little egg compartment. Someone from the Mandalorian enclave saves the day (perhaps the hooded woman?)

I don't predict Boba appearing, but Din may mention the armor. He might also give it to the enclave which at a later point may be destroyed by an "unknown assailant" or some such, which could be Boba.

7. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    I actually would love if they literally dangled that Boba helmet like a carrot in every episode. Just a visual representation that they know that's the main thing people wanna see[face_laugh]

sithboy, RetropME and DurararaFTW like this.
  8. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I don't think we'll see Boba this episode. He probably won't pop up until Episode 6 or so.

RetropME likes this.
  9. Master Cado Afu

Master Cado Afu Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 1, 2020
    Must resist the urge to make a prediction or two for the episode, but...

1) The husband will play an important role. Granted that's an easy one, but still...

2) We'll see Bo-Katan. That's a risky one. If it happens that'll be the biggest thing of the season for me thus far, outside of seeing Ashoka Tano, naturally.

10. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    [​IMG]

Not so risky ;)

11. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I'm hoping there will be more to Baby Yoda eating the eggs because I was one of those weirded out by the whole thing. Maybe he functions as an incubator or something? I dunno lol

Fingers crossed for Sabine and/or Bo Katan, but after last week's episode, I'm going to keep my expectations down.

12. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Boba is just an old hermit tramping about the Jundland Wastes, eating Womp Rats and stealing water from vapor spires. His appearance was just a fleeting cameo, we won't see him again this series because if he met with Din that would throw the intended story arc completely off course. Boba simply knows too much, Din is on a journey that will lead him to meet the characters from Filoni's stable, not those of the movie saga.

sithboy likes this.
  13. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    I love the fact that 3 Chapters into this season, there will be a 3rd planet with a different terrain. Furthermore, more alien species (in the Quarren ) rounding out this change in location and the Galaxy keeps becoming a bigger place.

The same thing happened last season with the many variations of location and terrain and I really love Favreau's commitment in keeping up with this in this season.

Please keep doing this Jon, please keep making these places / this galaxy far from being Earth-like as possible; which was my biggest criticism of Doctor Who in the end. Its Sci-Fi / Fantasy, reflect this in your terrains and citizens and creatures.

14. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Yep me too! My own excitement and expectations made the last episode come off as a bit of a damp squib for me.

But that may very well work in favour of this episode as I’m now going in with less excitement and will probably end up blown away

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Everyone get a good sleep schedule in to hit the 3 AM drop? I've been loving my CTVSci-Fi Star Trek Discovery 1 AM to Mandalorian 3 AM Thursday late night schedule. Discovery goes from 1:15 AM to 2:30 AM today so I need a whole half hour to kill in between, may jump into a few Star Wars Adventures comics

16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Don't know, this could be an awesome episode. The first season started off with a 3 episode arc. This could be the end to another.

17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    "Baby Yoda" will eat an adult Ithorian in this episode.

18. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Baby Yoda will eat him.

Why do you believe that Baby Yoda must be perfectly innocent and good? He's a little scamp surrounded by violent adults. The show repeatedly tells us that Mando has little idea about what it means to be a responsible parent.

Also, many people have pointed out that the egg was unfertilized. It's still gross but it wasn't murder.

19. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    About due for the Admiral Ackbar cameo.

sithboy, BigAl6ft6 and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  20. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    I'm surprised with the negative reactions about the eggs thing. Do you remember BY tried to murder Cara Dune last season ? Also he killed a stormtrooper in the last episode. Was the egg eating thing more depicable/evil than force choking Cara ? I'm curious cause people seem to forget other doubtfull things the Child made before.

21. Verbal21

Nov 5, 2011
    It was pretty obvious that while people enjoyed last weeks episode, there was no doubt that was just the filler to rest people’s excitement. I have no doubt this will be an action filled episode to end this arc.

22. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    That certainly wasn't a fleeting cameo. even the music tells us something is up.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  23. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I'm 100% down for dark side Baby Yoda. That actually sounds awesome. I think the reason it rubbed me the wrong way was that it was played for laughs. I didn't get a dark side vibe from it at all...it just seemed like infanticide not being taken seriously.

However, that's a fair point about the eggs not being fertilized. Was that confirmed anywhere?

nilzo antonio likes this.
  24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I think Yoda being cute, but potentially really really dangerous is part of the fun. He isn't a passive McGuffin to protect. He will do stuff on his own accord, and often it'll be something that messes things up.

I was fully expecting him to eat all the eggs, and then the story would be about Mando dealing with the consequences of that. I would have been fine if that's where it went.

LedReader and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  25. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    The entire plot is that the Frog Lady wants to have her eggs fertilized by her Frog Man.

Yeah, I hear a lot of folks assuming he's just a cute plot device, but despite being a baby, he's a character in his own right. I think one reason a lot of people aren't getting this episode is for this very reason -- Baby Yoda having any complexity or danger is not something they have considered a possibility. Or that an episode might actually focus on his desires and motivations, since he doesn't even talk yet. But that's what this episode was, and I think once you realize that, it's no longer filler and Baby Yoda becomes much more interesting than before.