main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Dawn of the Jedi Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by s65horsey, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Just Pre-ordered it on amazon

Tython Awakening likes this.
  2. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I put in my preorder on tfaw.com. I also managed to preorder the reissue of the Conan Handbook. Just to share a little of my reading preferences for comics...

3. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  4. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
  5. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I know I can't wait!!!!!

6. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Two weeks from today....

A stranger appears wielding a lightsword

[​IMG]

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    FIFY

8. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    I'm speaking from the perspective of the Je'Daii trying to comprehend the strange object Xesh/Tau is holding. The Je'daii had to backwards engineer the forcesabre in Prisoner of Bogan #2!

[​IMG]

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Can't see tha image.

10. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    I just posted the cover of Dawn of the Jedi, Prisoner of Bogan #2.

The cover text reads, "Can the Je'Daii unlock the secrets of the forcesaber?"

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wish someone could ask Ostrander if there were plans to continue Dawn of the Jedi before the Legends/Canon announcement.

12. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Ostrander was active on the Dark Horse boards before the license shift. Those boards were closed around October 2014. I read his posts on that board, and yes, Dawn of the Jedi would have continued. The license shift was announced publicly on about January 2, 2014. The last Dawn of the Jedi comic, Force War #5, was released on March 19, 2014. The first issue in the Force War arc was released on November 20, 2013. Prisoner of Bogan #5 had a release date of May 22, 2013, so you can see there was a break from May 2013 to November 2013 for the third and final arc to start.

According to Ostrander, his creative team with artist Duursema and others had to conclude the Dawn of the Jedi comics faster than they would have if the license wasn't going to shift. Also, this was before the end of the EU was announced in about May 2014. So, the creative team had to burn through the Rakata invasion of the Tython system quickly compared to what they originally planned. There were other clues dropped of future developments which didn't make it into the series.

Mitth_Fisto and darklordoftech like this.
  13. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Check out this fan made Dark Horse-style Omnibus cover

[​IMG]

14. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  15. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Could have done without the Marvel logo though.

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Legends banner you mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    We have the Marvel logo and the Legends banner on the digital omnibus editions at comixology.

[​IMG]

18. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    yeah and it looks worse. If I was going to make my own version of cover for a Dark Horse Omnibus that never released, I would make it look like the other original releases. Dark Horse never slapped their name on the cover artwork (or the cover at all). It just bothers me how Marvel, who had nothing to do with the making of these comics, do that.

19. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    I'm under the impression there is a bit of a tribute to Dark Horse coming from Marvel. The Marvel editors have not been shy about saying they like the work Dark Horse did over all those years. That's good for one. Marvel has also followed through on their intention to keep the Dark Horse titles available both in print form and digital form. The SW Epic Collections were a first, to my knowledge, of Marvel publishing reprints in the omnibus format of stories that originated from another publisher. Marvel has also taken that commitment to another level with the Conan Epic collections line. From what I can see, Marvel is going to get the Aliens comic line next year and there is already collections planned. When there is synergy between Marvel and Dark Horse, my view is that fan's of the Dark Horse line will benefit.

Dark Horse also put their logo Marvel's original run when they came out with their reprint collections of the original Marvel years. Also, Dark Horse put all those Marvel UK stories in the Wild Space omnibus edition. Dark Horse had nothing to do with the original Marvel UK comics. I'm hoping for more cooperation like this between publishers in keeping licensed sci-fi comics in print.

My order for the Dawn of the Jedi epic collection has been delayed by the way. Still waiting

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
  20. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Ok, so you are just referring to the cover artwork and not the spine of the book maybe?

21. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    Yes. The spine had the Dark Horse name and a separate dark hose logo at opposite ends.

22. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Maybe Dark Horse and Marvel can co-publish Star Wars together at some point in the future? My Dawn of the Jedi Epic Collection is set to arrive by DHL later today! I will come back on and give a run down what's included.

Maybe someone else has gotten theirs @Jedi Knight88 ?

spicer and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  23. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Not yet..... Can't Wait I think it comes tomorrow

24. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    So, my Dawn of the Jedi Epic Collection showed up late today.

This cool logo is gracing the back cover. [​IMG] This logo is a nice reminder of Marvel's Epic Imprint that started with the Epic Illustrated magazine.

Jedi Knight88 and darklordoftech like this.
  25. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.