main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Boba Fett in The Mandalorian & Spinoffs (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by RX_Sith, May 9, 2020.

1. RetropME

RetropME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2017
    I for one would actually prefer if Fett's involvement had nothing to do with Baby Yoda and Fett ultimately doesn't even care about him one way or the other.

2. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well Baby yoda will likely stay hugely relevant through out the shows run. I do not see the focus moving too far away from him. Even a side story has to accommodate to his safety.

But then baby yoda is most wanted Presumably good credit price.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  3. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Considering Boba lost his father at a young age, would be interesting if that was a factor in how he approaches Baby yoda as bounty (or if he wouldn't because of it). Then again, he attempted to help deliver a child bride into marriage to a fish penguin monster so...

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t really care what they do with Boba so long as he doesn’t die

Boba Fett. and Crod1992 like this.
  5. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Boba is driven to bounty hunting. it could be argued Boba has had a much harder life then Din. Din was raised by Mandos after his parents died. Boba raised himself. even as a kid he seemed to be ruthless.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    As a kid Boba still cared about innocent people

RetropME and Crod1992 like this.
  7. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    In my headcanon, Jango was a Mandalorian, but Boba isn't.

Maybe he still remembers some things his dad thought him when he was a kid, but since 10 he lived in a world of organized crime and bounty hunting. He has no connection with the Mandalorian culture except the armor.

whostheBossk and Meeko Ghintee like this.
  8. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    My hope: Jango is a ex-Death Watch, Boba an entirely self-taught practitioner of the old ways of the Mandalore. Din says if he were to remove helmet in fro t of another living being, he couldn't put it on again, seems like that's exactly what happened with Boba.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  9. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Jango was happy enough to remove his helmet. So i doubt Boba cares more about Death Watch rules. that would mean he cared more about those rules then he did following his fathers footsteps. which is likely what he cares about more.

Boba really doesn't need to be a Mando.

10. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    Yes, Jango was happy to remove this helmet at every opportunity. It's a bit late to portray Boba as the same. When he's alone on his ship waiting in garbage for the Millenium Falcon to move, he's helmet on, unlike his dad fighting Obi-Wan, when he's attending the festivities at Jabba, even when chatting up and being chatted up by dancers, he's helmet on, unlike Jango at Dooku's fighting arena, in his entire Age of Rebellion issue, Boba keeps his helmet on for the duration of multiple bounty hunts, unlike his dad in his Age of Republic issue. Jango didn't grow with half the galaxy crawling with people that have the same face as he does, Boba did, they are different people.

RetropME likes this.
  11. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Then thats totally different reasoning to not remove his helmet. and really if you start getting into that subject you start to question why anyone wears the helmet at given times. why did cobb walk into the bar wearing the helmet in episode 1? it was obviously for effect, but was it required? apparently the only time they take their helmets off is to have a drink this series.

12. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    Cobb spends plenty of other occasions in that episode with the helmet off. Even If he literally only wears it on patrol, the scene would make sense (though it was obviously for dramatic effect). Jango had SOME reason having ended up in a Mandalorian armor in the first place, I would hope we can agree, likewise Bo-Katan doesn't reject that the old ways existed before the Children of the Watch thing got started, they just don't work for everyone. I don't see a problem with Boba finding a part of old Mandalorian tradition that works for him that didn't suit his father. Nothing demands Boba Fett needs to be a one-note character that can only care about emulating his father to the letter.

RetropME likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I could see Boba keeping the helmet on most of the time so people wouldn’t know he’s a clone

14. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    Few people have to remember the face of the clones in the OT era anyway

15. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    They output clones for 13 years, for every clone that's Boba's age 2x like Rex, Cody, Bly, Wolffe, and so on, there's one that Sabine's age 2x or just older then Leia, Luke and Ezra 2x. Makes no sense they stopped being around within days of the Empire being established.

16. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    Of course ... But how many people got to see their faces?

17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Now you're just trying to have a problem with it. The helmet issue was 100% resolved in Chapter 11 of the Mandalorian. The Children of the Watch have a hardcore rule about it, while all other Mandalorians (as far as we know) wear helmets as they see fit. So, what exactly is the issue now?

18. Meeko Ghintee

Mar 6, 2015
    If Boba nevertheless identified as a Mandalorian simply because his father was one, it would be an interesting clash of ideology with Din’s “Mandolorian isn’t a race, it’s a creed” philosophy.

19. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    Plenty, I should think. We see Clones serve on Republic vessels as bridge officers or in various other functions without helmets on. I see no reason they were fired from these positions when they became the Empire. Was there a period where every ship in the Imperial fleet was working with skeleton crews until the Imperial academy started to produce graduates because the Emperor just hated the idea of the clones he commisioned being part of the Empire?

20. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    My point is that these characters wear the helmets anyway, even in situations where they don't need too. which means Boba wearing the helmet in the OT doesn't mean much. i ain't trying to have a problem with anything

Well really Boba himself identified Jango as his father. but its abit more complicated then that. Boba is a clone of him and not his actual birth child.

To get into that would start to mean that all of the Clones could be identified as Mandos.

I will continue to argue though that i don't get why people want Boba to be Mandalorian. it seems like Boba already has a backstory and that people want the Mandalorian stuff to be injected into it later on so he can now be a Mando.

21. Meeko Ghintee

Mar 6, 2015
    Me personally, I liked Jango and Boba as cool villains with neat armor. People developed a culture and backstory around the armor specifically invented for Boba’s character. They then kick the Fetts out of the culture and imply they are frauds (which some people strangely get a sense of delight out of) when really from the out of universe perspective every Mandalorian is a knock off of Boba. If they invented a new order of the Sith that existed before the movies with a Darth character that had Vader’s armor and then subsequently claimed that Vader and Palpatine weren’t real Sith but copycats mimicking what came before them it would be weird and stupid. Its like, if you wanna diminish the uniqueness of Boba’s character design by building a culture around his armor fine. But don’t do him dirty by implying he’s a fraud.

22. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    Because he iconically wears Mandalorian armor, and his father wears Mandalorian armor, and they would be richer characters if there was reason for this beyond Jango thought it looked cool. Everybody else appears to have needed a reason to wear the armor beyond thinking it looks cool. The fans really didn't create this problem. Just the fact that Cobb Vanth, small time sheriff of a back water town on a back water world, is keenly aware wearing the armor paints a target on his back should mean Jango, who operates on a galactic level, should know that wearing armor of this particular design creates more problems for him then it solves. Even if it turns out that Jango and Boba wear beskar instead of durasteel in canon after all, the armor can still be made to look like anything instead of distinctly Mandalorian.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We actually know that clones served in the empire up until soon after ANH. So yes clones were used during most of the time the empire was around but they probably only made up like 1% of stormtroopers

24. DurararaFTW

Jul 5, 2014
    ANH to ROTJ only makes up a small portion of Fett's life. And I would say, the lives of most people that weren't stuck on moisture farm right until the events of that movie like Luke. So the point then stands, Fett has had to deal with his face not being something only associated with him for decades.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I was agreeing with you. Plus seeing as most of his clients like Vader fought with clones or were wealthy enough to know what a clone looked like even if they had never been in the presence of one. If Fett ever removed his helmet many people would recognize the face