main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.02 - Chapter 10 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 5, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 13, 2020.
  1. 10

3.7%
  2. 9

8.3%
  3. 8

34.9%
  4. 7

28.4%
  5. 6

12.8%
  6. 5

6.4%
  7. 4

3.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

1.8%
  1. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Anyone else have their mind insert a COPS narration once Mando starts fleeing?

RetropME, Bor Mullet and EHT like this.
  2. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Not relevant -TtJ

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2020
  3. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    We'll probably just have to agree to disagree but the chosen one was meant to get rid of the imbalance caused by Palpatine's quest for immortality. Some people are inherently evil or are drawn by the power the dark side offers. For me its like how you cant have chaos without order and vice versa.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Unfortunately I can’t watch it again. The arachnophobia is no joke. I’m trying to figure out a time stamp for starting and stopping so I can see the X-Wing pilots one more time. Are we talking about the character development around The Child learning how to not eat anything and everything that looks appetizing and maybe finding his place in a larger galaxy?

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  5. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    Specifically the fact that he's willing to be sneaky to get what he wants even when he knows it's prohibited. It's a level of deviousness that I don't think he's previously displayed to my recollection*. He wants the eggs so he's going to get himself the eggs. Being told "no" doesn't stop him, he just makes sure to do it when nobody's looking.

ETA: He's certainly ignored Mando's instructions before. He's a child after all. But this time we see him actively look around to make sure no one's watching before he gets into the eggs and that's what's new. It's deliberate instead of just not knowing any better.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  6. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    The music that plays whenever he's focused on the eggs really seems to suggest a deep fascination and yearning for them. It truly is hilarious and weird. His species must really love frogs.

DurararaFTW and Bor Mullet like this.
  7. JediMasterMark15

JediMasterMark15 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2020
    well said, you are correct and I take back my statement.

8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    This. When BY did his force choke routine, he didn’t know it was wrong (and he was trying to protect his dad). This time, he absolutely knew what he was doing was wrong/ prohibited. That’s clear based on how he looks back at where Mando is to make sure he’s not looking, etc. Most of the episode seems focused on this element of Baby Yoda’s development, and I think it’s setting things up for some troubling future actions by the little guy. It’s really a great little episode that I think gets marked low by a lot of fans because it follows a standout episode that brought back Boba Fett, gave us a cool new character in Vanth, showed us multiple shades of Tatooine, AND had another big bad monster.

Hard for Frog Mom, spiders and Tatooine to compete with Vanth, a Krayt dragon and an empty ice planet.

But I sort of prefer it to the last episode, and definitely prefer it to chapters 4 and 5 of last season, which were in a similar “side adventure” vein.
    I think it may have something to do with the environment of his home planet...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  9. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Season 1 showed The Child eating frogs at least twice, plus we have this new episode that he eats frog eggs. I recall that Yoda, while eating something else completely different (roots of some kind, if I recall correctly), was also living in a place full of snakes and other reptile/amphibian species, so how knows, maybe this is something that his species likes to eat.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yoda only needed to eat a simple berry and a leaf.

AHBY

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am getting really tired of all these monsters

Sarge likes this.
  12. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    It's all the little guy needed with the stick in the swamp.
    AHBY!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I did like that it seemed that the child was trying to speak

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    baby yoda trying to speak is great.

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    They’re just animals that need to eat.

16. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Can you imagine the reaction to the episode "Baby Yoda Speaks!"

17. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I think most would want to just hear his cute baby noises.

Good episode with some drama, suspense (spiders), New Republic pilots/X-Wings, and lots of baby Yoda eating frogs.
    I didn't care for Din just not pinging and taking off thus thrusting us in an unnecessary adventure. Razor Crest received unnecessary damage. A fun episode but one of my least favorite overall. Love the McQuarrie spiders!

18. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Is the title of this episode an Iggy Pop reference?

19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Which is actually why it's problematic that they're constantly being depicted as monsters.

I hope they're done with the creature attacks for now. Three episodes in a row is more than enough - especially since last season had plenty of them as well.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Maybe I’m in the minority but bring on the monsters whether they’re the focus like the mudhorn/Krayt or just a small 30 second bit like with the kraken thing last episode.

21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Yes.

22. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    This episode was Star Wars perfection. Pure delight.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. StardustSoldier

StardustSoldier Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 24, 2019
    Man, those spiders were freaky! I don't even have arachnophobia for the most part... but ugh, that was legitimately unnerving.

Oh well. Great episode. Season 2 has been rockin' so far. :)

Bor Mullet and Lee_ like this.
  24. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Edit

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  25. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Finally getting around to watching this episode.

My thoughts as I watch this episode:

-Poor Baby Yoda bouncing everywhere and crying.

-Oh, no, Baby Yoda taken hostage.

-Mando like if you hurt the child, there is nowhere in the galaxy you can hide. Mando not playing around. Love the Mando intensity.

-Mando lugging around a lot of baggage.

-"Finally found a Mandalorian and you killed him." [face_laugh]Love the blunt assessments of the repair lady.

-The quest to find Mandalorians continues.

-The fish lady alien is cute. Hope she can get her spawn to her husband in time and her line can continue.

-Traveling by sublight speed would be a pain, though.

-Baby Yoda eating the spawn. Very naughty. Good that Mando scolds him and tells him that is not food.

-Like the piloting sequence over that world. Some neat shots especially of the colorful sky and the jagged peaks of snow. This show takes us to some visually interesting worlds and I appreciate that.

-Oh, poor fish lady. Hope she wasn't hurt in the crash. And hope her eggs are okay.

-Baby Yoda trying to eat the spawn again after Mando told him not to. Doubly naughty.

-Poor fish lady. She is obviously upset and grieving the loss of her eggs:(

-Clever of her to communicate through the droid's vocabulator.

-Baby Yoda not very obedient.

-Fish lady is so cute. Going off to bathe.

-Baby Yoda really bad with trying to eat the eggs when he knows he's not supposed to do that.

-Baby Yoda eating a bug. He chooses to eat the grossest stuff.

-Oh, no, nasty spider type creatures everywhere.

-The big one looks like Aragog. Really reminds me of the Forbidden Forest scene in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

-This would not be a good episode for anyone with archnophobia, that's for sure. Attacking spiders everywhere.

-Eww. Spider webs all over. Yucky.

-Aww. Fish lady hugging her container of eggs.

-Baby Yoda looking over his shoulder and being crafty and waiting until the fish lady falls asleep to stuff an egg in his face. Triply naughty, and I don't really care for the running gag of Baby Yoda eating this poor lady's hope for the survival of her line. It's just not funny to me and very sad.

Overall thoughts on the episode: I liked the scenery of this snowy world. This show has been good for introducing us to a variety of worlds, and I did find the fish lady cute with a very relatable sad story. Don't really care for the naughty side of Baby Yoda we're seeing in this episode especially since it seems to be treated as funny and not tragic for the fish lady.

Score out of 10 for the episode: 7 out of ten. Would be higher if Baby Yoda eating the poor fish lady's eggs wasn't treated as a running joke throughout it. Hope the Mandalorian can do a better job of disciplining and keeping an eye on Baby Yoda next episode.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    DarthFixxxer likes this.