main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.03 - Chapter 11 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 12, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 20, 2020.
  1. 10

31.6%
  2. 9

36.0%
  3. 8

22.1%
  4. 7

6.6%
  5. 6

0.7%
  6. 5

2.2%
  7. 4

0.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    The Original Trilogy and basically all films probably up to mid to late eighties could!

Sadly ll the really great writers and directors all retired or dead now.

It's all about Explosions!

Can you imagine how they would make Jaws today? - I mean they already failed with multiple shark films since.

2. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Cal put the annoying "for the purposes of this conversation, I'm not currently a Jedi." phase of his life behind him, thank goodness.

3. FromDromundKaasWithLove

FromDromundKaasWithLove Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2020
    Obi-Wan used to think it was silly that he took his antique wood collection with him when he went into hiding.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    yeah, i see if he survives leaves the jedi order and hides somehow.

5. choccy

Apr 18, 2004
    Well technically, Boba Fett is officially the first as he was in The Holiday Special ;)

6. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I hear this when I see this image:
    :eek:IT'S A CRASH!:eek:

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    We have Saw guerra being the first one.

8. choccy

Apr 18, 2004
    Don't let all those Hasbro Lab payers hear you say that!!!

Sadly wrong, but nearly ;-)

Yes, unlike a certain Trilogy, I strongly have faith that everything has been plotted out pretty well.

She's lucky baby Yoda didn't try to eat her :yoda: [face_rofl]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    um, what?? anyone who complained about lack of forward movement for plot in first two episodes has plenty to complain about. The third episode being so great actually only cements this.

10. choccy

Apr 18, 2004
    Standing proud after confirming you've just sucked a fisherman's friend

11. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Really enjoyed this episode, it’s super fun, bravo Bryce Dallas Howard

this is the way

loved seeing more Mandalorians, and even better we get Bo-Katan played by none other than Katee Sackhoff. And even more better Sacha Banks character is NOT Sabine. I would actually like to see Sabine in this show, but I’m glad Banks is not playing her and is instead an original character.

I also loved seeing all the Mon Calamari and Quarren, as well a this new water world.

the reunion of Frog Lady and Frog man was sweet, I still wish they had actual names though.

I can’t wait to see where this goes.

12. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I meant in the sense that if you've been kind of bothered by the episodes so far not building to something then you have no reason to be so it seems because we're moving somewhere.

13. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    my major concern is that they begin to start forcing the First Order tie in plot points into this show. Right now its fantastic. But once they start trying to explain where the First Order came from, I will completely begin to check out. This is a me problem, i recognize this. I just never bought the First Order narrative. It all felt so unnatural in pretty much every way. My hope is that Filoni and Favreau being so in tune with George both know this. And thus will steer clear of starting to attempt to explain that stuff. I just dont want this show tarnished by that lack of imagination that is the Sequel Trilogy story. Keep it way the **** away because right now, Im immersed. but that can change very quickly. and i fully recognize many are totally okay with the First Order.

Snafu55, LedReader, Aah Fisto and 3 others like this.
  14. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I thought her episode last year had a Willow feel to it and or An Ewoks movie feel to it I liked it a lot and I loved this episode as well!

TheYodaPagoda and Bor Mullet like this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Disagreed. The slow build up makes the third episode stronger, IMO. Those X-wing pilots searching for Imps helps set up the plot of this one, for example.

One of this show’s best traits are that it takes its time. It even bothered to resolve the frog family story, while introducing mega important Mandos and a big fight with Imperial holdouts. Bo-Katan, a frog alien baby in a bowl, Mon Cal with sweaters, and Imperial fanatic kamikazes. All in the same episode! I love that mix so much. But to get it, you need to take your time to marinate in the world a bit. Favreau gets that. And IMO, episodes 1, 2 and 3 are almost perfect as a result.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    @choccy Don't post more than once in a row, use the edit button or +Quote button.

choccy and starfish like this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't get this fear this might tie into the sequel era with the first order, this show will probaly tie into events like clone wars did and rebels did a little.

DarthRamRod likes this.
  18. choccy

Apr 18, 2004
    No longer relevant -TtJ

19. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Was a bit underwhelmed by the episode. Not that it was bad, i actually enjoyed many things: frog lady meeting her husband, the port and that fish market atmosphear, the imperial remnants etc...but some scenes were a bit too bombastic in that modern blockbuster way -lacking of finesse-...and, most of all, i really don't like the way these mandolorians were depicted. I thought something felt off. The helmet stuff kinda killed a bit of the mandolorian mystic for me, i would have prefered every mandolorian in live action to wear the helmet as a credo. And they seemed too casual as well, too laidback, i much prefer the "spartian" vibe of Din's clan. So to finally learn that the Mandalorian we saw in the series so far are a just a "cult" within a cult, that bothered me quite a lot, especially when i'm not really excited by how the "real" Mandalorians are characterised.

And also...as someone who doesn't like Ahsoka Tano or any Filonism, i'm not particulary enthusiasted by the perspective to meet her soon and see her influence the narrative....

Too bad because there are a lot of cool things in this episode.

dinnertime likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Exactly which is why I get the feeling next episode WON'T have Din meet Ashoka.

If I were to guess I think he's going back to Navaro in the next episode as the trailer has shown us.

Also because Ep 5 was supposed to be the Filoni episode.

my kind of scum and Bor Mullet like this.
  22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yup, I liked the Ewok movie feeling too, and I like the episode, but directing-wise, this was a big step up. It's not a diss at her previous episode, it was a compliment for how much better she's gotten in just a year.

Bor Mullet and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  23. choccy

Apr 18, 2004
    No longer relevant -TtJ

24. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I'm liking how the narrative has been so far I was just pointing out other people having problems. But I don't think that Ahsoka is in the next episode looking ahead and if she is it's a silent cameo. Next episode is directed by Carl Weathers so it's more than likely that'll be the one where he meets up with Greef and Cara again before going to Ahsoka. If she's in the next episode in a big role I'll be surprised but it's more than likely it'll be Dave's episode she's in.

TheChosenAlpha likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, I think Mando’s quote at the end of the episode was telling. “I now know where I’m taking you” he said to Baby Yoda. “But it’s gonna be a bumpy ride.” I think one of those bumps is the next episode. Then perhaps in episode 5 we’ll meet Ahsoka.