main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.03 - Chapter 11 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 12, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 20, 2020.
  1. 10

31.6%
  2. 9

36.0%
  3. 8

22.1%
  4. 7

6.6%
  5. 6

0.7%
  6. 5

2.2%
  7. 4

0.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    I just despise the First Order story. I don’t want to waste episode run time on explaining how Palpatine is somehow still out there. I just feel like this is the real sequel to the original trilogy and I don’t want them to be forced to connect the dots to that story, or lack there of. Really really hoping Favreau knows how much people disliked that narrative and really steers clear of trying to connect those dots.

LedReader, Sproj, RetropME and 5 others like this.
  2. FromDromundKaasWithLove

FromDromundKaasWithLove Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2020
    We got about five more episode in this seasons, so that sounds about right. It seems like they're building to a Mandalorian-centric finale so, depending on that, she might be in a penultimate episode (as oppose to the finale like some expected)

Given how grounded the show is and how powerful she is, she'll likely be relegated to a semi-small supporting role if she appears in the finale.

I do think Boba Fett is going to pop up in one of the pre-penultimate episodes because I don't think they set it up in the first episode for nothing. If they have, it's going to lower my opinion because I'm not down with writers pointlessly teasing an audience.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    the Mandalorian helmet taking off is nothing new, it happened in the PT and it happened in the Clone Wars cartoon and Rebels cartoon i have a feeling this storyline was planned from day one!

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    We know they touch on the origns of the firs order slowly, but that dosen't mean it will touch, Palpatine, snoke or Exegol. I think we will sse imperials slowly getting turned into the first oorder, Gideon might already be one,

DarthRamRod and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I think the “forest planet” detail is not throwaway. I believe (and hope) we’re gonna get a Zen Master on a mountain in the woods version of Ahsoka. With her Gandalf the White look. Isolated, wise and a bit sedentary, rather than kicking ass with yoga pants. At least at first.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I'm hoping Gandalf the white look with her mortis staff and her being thi great wizard. It was rumored she might have one of her blue lightsabers.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I love forested planets

8. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Among the great many things worth mentioning about this episode, I'm just going to say how much it warmed my heart seeing the Frog couple reunite, and then again when the Child looked on at their tadpole lovingly (rather than with his stomach).

I love the Frog family and wish them nothing but happiness.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The action in this episode was great though. I did like the cult like thing going on with the empire

Bor Mullet and dick rodgers like this.
  10. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    yeah, I loved the Frog reunion, I just wish they had names

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I liked that they were not subtitled

Alien Vanguard likes this.
  12. FromDromundKaasWithLove

FromDromundKaasWithLove Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2020
    I loved the moment where they see each other. Their eyes go wide and even though they are alien, you can clearly see that they're smiling. And then they do their own little nuzzle before hugging.

I'm glad they had their happy ending. I was a bit worried that she or her husband was going to die.

13. Christopher Blair

Christopher Blair Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2015
    here are my thoughts, I liked this episode a lot. It was a great companion piece to last week's episode, it really felt like a 2 part experience. Bryce proved she is a really great director, Im not a huge fan of her as an actress but she was money here.

I do love the lore here and combining character from different shows, I do fear it might leave some in the dark. As far as some negatives go, we could have used a little more time on this planet and some more character development, seemed kind of rushed. Also I loved katie in battlestar galatica but sometimes she comes across as hammy instead of bad ass.

On the positive side again, I love that we know there is fuel, thanks last jedi, I mean that. I much prefer the real rugged route of star wars and battlestar compared to the pristine over the top magic of star trek.

Overall I give this episode an 8.5, not as great as some of the episodes from season 1 but still a great great show!!!

14. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    For myself the quicker the "helmet on" is dispensed with the better. Never liked it and found it a dead end for the characters. That's Djarin's people are cultists makes sense. His journey is to go into a larger world then he couldn't even imagine because he wasn't allowed by his handlers who crafted reality around him.

At least in a way that we can imagine leads to an alternate version. I find the Force healing problematic enough but that can be worked around.

If they go full on ST then I would just not bother.

15. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    That would be so hype

Bor Mullet likes this.
  16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

This might be way out of reach but I wonder if they'll connect to those High Republic plant villains that they just reveled....Doubtful....But hey someone could dream ;p

17. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    I liked when they were calling each, in the beginning through croaks or whatever, almost like crows. Not that I want to compare them to animals, I just like crows/birds and consider them fairly intelligent, and liked seeing that portrayed in a space adventure setting.

18. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Maybe it'll be tied to Mortis in someway? They did come from another world in the EU before settling on Mortis. Rebels showed their influence spread beyond the Mortis planet in canon as well so it's possible they travelled to several worlds before settling on Mortis itself.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  19. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I wonder what the bump will be in Episode 4? Probably part of it is his ship will need repairs and he'll have to take some kind of detour.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think he's going to Nevarro to repair his ship and meet up with old friends, and we might see Gideon again.

21. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    Bo-Katan just works, they nailed the character, she had a very distinctive silhouette and way of moving in TCW, in mando she is EXACTLY the same!

Am I the only one who thinks that Children of the Watch are Maul's initative?

22. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Wouldn't he go to Tatooine for repair?

With his ship so damaged, he's also more susceptible to attacks...

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Certainly a fun episode.

Some things of note:
    - Why were so many Quarren and Mon Calamari living together on that planet? Of course it was nice to see them getting along (carryover from TCW episodes taking place on Mon Cala). I was also wondering why they were all on the surface; but I guess maybe they just adopted to land in the years since leaving Mon Cala.

- Of course it was pleasant to see Bo-Katan in the Flesh for the first time. Finally a certifiable Mandalorian that's introduced in the series. How old is her character supposed to be in this timeline? Not that I'm complaining on the actress (she was cool), but doesn't she seem a little young for someone who must've been in her early 20s during the Clone Wars?

- Of course she's the one going after the Dark Saber. I guess it calls for rewatching those Rebels episodes again.

- And of course the name drop. Bo's cannonized history certainly makes sense that she's the one to make the connection.
    It's official :D:D:D:D;)

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe he stops by of screen.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "The Heiress" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​