main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.03 - Chapter 11 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 12, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 20, 2020.
  1. 10

31.6%
  2. 9

36.0%
  3. 8

22.1%
  4. 7

6.6%
  5. 6

0.7%
  6. 5

2.2%
  7. 4

0.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Ok, since me being a TCW and Rebels fanboy i just needed to rank this at 10. I think Bo-Katan will be the most important of guest stars in this show. I see her arc of retaking Mandalore as huge plot point moving forward in the series. Ahoska Tano coming soon.

2. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    We don't see any Mandalorian in the PT, did we? I mean Jango is not a Mandalorian and i don't remember any other Mandalorian?? As for the cartoons, i much prefer the depiction of Mandalorians in the tv series rather than in the cartoons, so i kinda hoped they would leave the animated stuff as its own thing and the live action as something that doesn't have to adhere to the cartoons.. But i must say that i don't particulary like how the Star Wars universe has develloped via the various animated series so i'm certainly biased.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    phatdude1138 likes this.
  3. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    He takes the Razor Crest to Tatooine for extensive repairs, and Peli lends him her car, Slave I, in the meantime.

4. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I didn't notice the design, but the sound also comes from an AT-AT (e.g. when one steps on Luke's speeder in ESB).

I'm a little worried this might be her swan song, since what she's after now is a position she's already held, unless she ends up giving the saber to someone else.

TadoFett likes this.
  5. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    Katee Sackhoff was INCREDIBLE in this episode. I was so freaking giddy once I saw her signature helmet I screamed and jumped up and down like a mad man. This episode was just amazing I just wish all episodes could be this deep in lore and world building. Loved it

6. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009

I took it as not a organized thing but that She realizes he a literally a Child raised by the Deathwatch(a group Bo was once a member of herself) and she knows there traditions

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think she still the only one who lead them, maybe in future someone else but for now she the best candidate they. And she comes from a strong house and clan.

TadoFett likes this.
  8. dick rodgers

dick rodgers Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2016
    Does anyone else think they may be setting up Djinn to be the King of Mandalore? I mean if Bo ends up in that role of Queen I’m all about it. But just sayin isn’t this a option?? I’d ship the hell out of those two by the way

9. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I really enjoyed this episode! And really well-directed by Howard.

I enjoyed seeing the AT-AT-crane-thing. That seemed like a nice reference to the Port of Oakland cranes that inspired the look of the AT-ATs to begin with.

Great seeing Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan! That's just awesome and it worked really well. That does imply that Bo-Katan in TCW was a lot younger than I thought she was--assuming Bo-Katan is in her early 40s in this episode (like Sackhoff herself), that means Bo-Katan is in her early teens in TCW, no?

I'm curious about Lucasfilm's ideas for the "Purge." I'm pretty sure we'll see that at some point. Movie?

10. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    I was a big fan of this episode. I like the idea of competing views of what "Mandalorians" should be. Bo Katan was great, and I'm really curious to see how live action Ahsoka works out. The adventure itself was fun and I like the frog characters and hope we see them again one day.

This show is really firing on all cylinders for me right now.

11. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Not 100% sure how to feel about this one. Seeing Bo Katan in live action was really cool, but honestly I think she overshadowed the title character here, this was her episode and the Mando was kinda just tagging along. Hoping it doesn’t wind up like that for Ashoka and Fett.

Still ultimately gave it an 8.

fett 4 likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't Mando wants to be leader and i thiink he fit more as royal guard or special forces kind of thing.

TadoFett likes this.
  13. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
    Maybe OR Maul was the one who started this after Vizla was killed. It just seems like the kind of thing that ex-sith taught by Palps would do. Very reminiscent of the First Order's stormtrooper program.

TadoFett and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  14. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I think it worked in that she served as a 'host' for the setting, much like Cobb Vanth. And I think we've seen Din enough that he still had a strong presence. He had a good amount of input, and the big momentum-shifting move when he committed to the objective.

15. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    You just know that Din will wield the Darksaber at some point. And maybe for good.

Generational Fan, Sproj and TadoFett like this.
  16. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, I can see that. That moment at the end is really what saves it for me, there are definitely moments during the middle of the episode where I was asking myself why they even needed him.

Bo really was spot on though, was so excited when I saw that helmet.

TadoFett likes this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I gave it an 8/10. I definitely enjoyed the episode.

rumblewagon, Bor Mullet and TadoFett like this.
  19. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    As a fellow fanboy of TCW/Rebels, I think your spot on. Certainly a strong possibility one of the driving subplots of the show could be Mando helping Bo Katan get the Dark Saber and restore Mandalore. If nothing else I hope in later seasons (probably not this season) we get to see the planet of Mandalore in it's current, likely burnt to the ground, state.

20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    If the child is any example the swamp creatures on Dagobah must have lived in abject terror of Yoda for fear of being consumed.

Nice surprise of Katee, good role and I liked the sets of armor. I like that walker crane too.

21. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Din comes across Sabine first, helps her with an issue and then she takes him to Ahsoka; who we see at the end of the next Chapter?

Sproj likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Gincarlo esposito has teased that questions that rise up this season might not get awnsered until season 3 or season 4. So we could slowly building retaking Mandalore in season 3 and in season 4 it's the second seige of Mnadalore.

23. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    As much as that would be a cool way to see the Sith “infecting” other cultures...

...I’m kind of hoping they’re actually tied into the Death Watch, perhaps as its earliest form, with the Viszla symbol and leadership coming from a major House anointing itself as the patron and overlord of the group.

The “Watch” can have a similar but significantly different connotation to the “Protectors,” for a comparison to another subgroup of Mandalorians we know has their own customs and traditions. Maybe while the Protectors, with the more positive and active connotations of that phrase, are the bodyguard of the Mandalorian Chief Of State, the Watch, like the old guards of military encampments, are the frontier standard bearers on the “borders” of Mandalorian culture? And similarly to how the Protectors are susceptible to being reduced to glorified security guards, the Watch was susceptible to becoming reactionary fanatics?

If The Watch Bo-Katan is referring to is directly related to the Death Watch under House Viszla... perhaps the Death Watch’s name has greater symbolism - that of guarding against the death of their culture.

The Watch might also serve as a handy bit of added nuance and fleshing out for why some of Pre Viszla’s court kept their helmets on and were so quick to bow before Maul - if Vizsla’s Death Watch is itself a coalition of different conservative factions in Mandalore, the ones whose conservative values are heavily dependent on a culture that can survive a nomadic existence might very well be a distinct faction within the Death Watch that Pre takes his honor cues from.

24. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    I do think visually the Darksaber would look pretty baller with Din's silver armour.

Something I'd like to request though is no more non-Force sensitive Mandalorians (or Moffs) going toe-to-toe with Jedi with the Darksaber. Normal people shouldn't be competitive at all against Force-assisted speed and reflexes, no matter how battle-hardened or well-trained.

25. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Man, a second assault on Mandalore, the planet likely being held by the nefarious Moff Gideon, would be awesome. At that point you could have the Mandalorian clans unite and we can bare witness to hundreds of Mandlorians laying siege, similar to the first siege from TCW. You can even have it be a big series showdown between Mando and Gideon with all Mando's friends (like Cobb Vanth, Cara Dune and rocket propelled Bantha riding Tuskens of course) joining in on the fight. That's just wild fan speculation of course, but I can still picture a scenario of retaking Mandalore in some fashion.