main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian 2.03 - Chapter 11 - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Nov 12, 2020.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Nov 20, 2020.
  1. 10

31.6%
  2. 9

36.0%
  3. 8

22.1%
  4. 7

6.6%
  5. 6

0.7%
  6. 5

2.2%
  7. 4

0.7%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Star Wars was big, and now it's exploring a little bit of the small (but clearly building up to the big). I and many other like that. Exploring weird corners of the galaxy has a lot of promise, IMO.

2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'm honestly curious how BIG this show is willing to go...Not because of budget or anything like that but in terms of....Are we gonna endgame it with the liberation of Mandalor or not?

I mean either way it's cool this show has done some cool stuff regardless.

But I am curious how BIG this show will go by the time we get to its final seasons.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  3. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Only darthfettus2015 said "second only burn up in atmospheres." Why would you edit out "second" to make this point?

4. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I took his use of the word "second" there to mean that it was his second point (with his first pointbeing the toilet), since the word "only" being used immediately after seemed to cite the Razor Crest burnup as being the only (and thus, first) instance of that happening. I cut the word "second" when I quoted it because I was responding to that point as a standalone statement. The "first" point, the toilet, was irrelevant to my response.

Was I mistaken in how I read the post?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Anyway here's a theory to exonerate Baby Yoda, there's only one baby frog hatching at the end there, maybe the Frog people can only have one viable egg hatch (it's about as plausible as not being able to travel by hyperspace because of the eggs) and it's a crapshoot which one it is and the rest are just excess non-fertlized eggs. Baby Yoda did still look like he was going to eat it, though.

Also I'm very happy that Bo's female sidekick wasn't Sabine, I'd like to see her again (hopefully with the same actress) as more than just a mostly silent sidekick cameo put her there for no reason.

clone Wars/Rebels Episodes that are pretty required viewing/homework/crash course for old or new fans for these episodes and going into whenever Ahsoka shows up I would say CW s5 Ep 14-16 (Maul takes over), Siege of Mandalore, Rebels: Trials of the Darksaber and S4e1-2 Heroes of Mandalore. And Twilight of the Apprentice. Not that I think it's going to come up at all but it's freakin' awesome.

Ahsoka did quit 20 years ago, she might be Old Luke in Last Jedi level surly since she hasn't been a Jedi for awhile. I'm sure she'll be fascinated by who Mando is bringing to her though cuz the baby looks damned familar.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    No worries. But I believe you misinterpreted it, as the poster doesn't use a first, second, third structure. Rather, they indicate what's a first in Star Wars, and what's a second. Here's the post again:
    But I'm sure darthfettus can clarify.

Also...this is totally not a big deal at all. ;)

darthfettus2015 and bstnsx704 like this.
  7. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    yep but no problem

Bor Mullet and bstnsx704 like this.
  8. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    My apologies!

Bor Mullet likes this.
  9. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    One criticism I have at this point, and it's really a small thing, I wish they'd lay off the "I've been quested with ..." bit in Din's dialog. I get that it's a sort of homage to the sometimes awkward dialog of the movies but it's already getting repetitive. He went through the spiel twice with Bo in just this episode alone. Put it to bed ... at least for a while.

10. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    I'm sure it will be put to bed in a couple episodes. He is, after all, coming to the end of that particular quest now.

11. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    just remembered another first... um trying to think if we've seen characters sleeping on a long space flight before? out of tiredness and routine not bad health like Padme .. loved that detail

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  13. Darth Chip

Darth Chip Jedi Grand Master

Aug 7, 1999
    Loved this episode, especially Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan. As a result, I have committed to a course of action I never thought I would. I am watching the animated shows, starting with TCW. I'm using the episode order the Star Wars site recommends. So far I'm really enjoying it.

14. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I take it as part of who Din is and how he was brought up; he regards the task as formal. IIRC, when he says it on the boat, he trails off because of the helmets being removed, so there's some creative reduction of it going on.

LedReader and Bor Mullet like this.
  15. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Originally labeled as Squidhead, renamed Tessek.

Did the Quarren use the large mamacore as a fishing assistant, like a hound or a falcon? Or, was it simply kept as a pet?

Also, could Din be Force-sensitive, or did he just have a hunch the critter (a small mamacore?) was about to drop onto the child?

16. darthfettus2015

Nov 15, 2012
    yes that was it Tessek!! thanks 1983 is a long time ago lol

17. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    After the previous episode being probably my least favorite one of the series, this one is probably my favorite episode so far! It was pure joy from beginning to the end!

Great action, great designs, jokes worked, plot moved forward a LOT, awesome connections to TCW and Rebels, loved every minute of it!

Just bit worried now that after this, the next episode will be another filler side adventure before we get to Chapter 13 and Ahsoka :p

So Nevarro episode confirmed. Guess the remaining shots from the trailer are all in this episode. Which means the second half of Season 2 is completely unspoiled territory so far.

Wonder why the Empire is back on Nevarro. Or perhaps they never left.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don’t think we have anything to worry about with the next episode. It looks like it’s gonna have some real meat on it. Reuniting with Dune and Karga, infiltrating the Imperial base on Nevarro, possibly a confrontation with the Armorer. I would wager next episode is gonna be pretty important to the story.

Kowakian Kebab and Bor Mullet like this.
  19. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Plus the Razocrest needs fixed up in a very bad way. Nevarro might be as good a place as any to get it some much needed TLC

20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Definitely. A trip to Nevarro can move the characters forward while also being a pitstop toward getting them (and the ship) better equipped for what comes next as we head through the remainder of the season.

21. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    That's good. You've taken your first step into a larger world. Just you wait until the last 4 episodes of TCW! They will blow your mind!

22. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Perhaps a repair shop owned and operated by Ugnaughts.

23. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    And that’s fine. I just would like to see it segue into some larger themes and situations. Like, getting some background on the first order and such. Maybe some other things that we didn’t get in any of the sequels.

I assumed the series will end with us knowing more about the first order and some other developments that we don’t get any info about in the sequels. I believe this show takes place around 20 years after ROTJ or somewhere in there. If so, there is a lot they can tell us.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It’s only five years after ROTJ.

25. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I would put Mandos and Death Troopers on even footing.

Would have been a good episode for Bo to drop some knowledge on Din about Mandalorian history he may not know. Pre's death, the schism in Death Watch, etc...