main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy CLOSED The Saga of the Ryujin

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Shadowsun, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Combo with the great @Shadowsun! Taking place shortly before and then after the appearance of Anaxagore. While I use teal for Zalzabar's words myself, will be using blue this time around to honor our GM's written input via the combo. ;)

Cretaus & Zalzabar IC:
    ~Long Night Enduring~

Zalzabar gazed deep down into the human boy, not with malice or hatred but with concern. He paused, thinking on how to respond.

"My boy, I sense fear in your heart... there is no need. If I had not sent those invitations out so carelessly, or had better protections for the castle...."

He trailed off, looking back out to the mountain side and the swirling winds.

"I knew Veritas, Audacia and Dominus since they were infants. Three little elves abandoned in the mountain side." He paused again, chuckling to himself.

"I remember little baby Dominus had no issue with the cold, babbling, perfectly content, while little Veritas was shivering violently."

He paused once more a small smile on his face.

"You don't have a home do you? Or rather you've never had a home? I've seen many a hundreds of your type over the centuries, too many. I wish I could help them all."

Cretaus listened quietly as Zalzabar spoke to him, softly with sadness still deeply soaked into his words, but reassuringly too. He let him speak of his own faults, of his connection to the knights, of his knowledge of Cretaus' own past. Something that finally provoked a question he had been dying to ask.

He looked at the man, not warily as he once would have but just puzzled. A brief tinge of his imbedded bitterness coming out in the beginning, just for a moment. "No one ever does though."

A sigh as he switched tracks.

"But how do you know that? I mean, apparently even Audacia had known my name before I even said a word when I arrived."

Another little pause here and he dipped his head again, "I'm sorry for your losses. I didn't know you knew them that long."

Zalzabar gazed into the boy, a warmer smile spreading across his face.

"Well Audacia went into your mind dear boy, picking out your name isn't particular difficult for an illusion mage. Especially one as skilled as Audacia."

Zalzabar unfurled his cloak, wrapping it around the boy. He resumed his little talk.

"As for myself...well...did you know the brain, that is to say the physical mind, is full of electrical signals...indeed memory is a particular pattern of electrical signals...not many electric based mages can do it, it took myself several centuries to get the fine tuning down... but you can learn to read these signals and even induce movements, thoughts and even sleep...you have to be careful though...many a tragic mouse I experimented on got a nasty fried brain...it requires a great amount of finesse. What is rather fun is doing it on yourself...I haven't had to sleep in four centuries...a rather fun affair ..I do still from time to time...sleep I mean...especially when I'm wounded...where was I? Ah, yes. So when I picked you up to gift you that armor I took a quick peek...rather rude I know but I couldn't resist... to see such a weak, helpless boy be able to pass all three tests and find my castle it was too fascinating..."

The great lightning ryujin had gone into another of his rambles, one that Cretaus should be able to get the gist of, but surely the revaltions of how the human brain worked would be of great shock to the boy. He closed his mouth, letting out a self aware chuckle.

"I did it again...didn't I...? Perhaps you should get some shut eye young one...unless you have any further questions."

Cretaus just looked back at the older man and stared at him as he said that Audacia had essentially read his mind.

So magic users can do that!

Then came the rant, which only caused a blank stare, if a touch of fascination. No, he did no realize any of that. Honestly, there was much he didn't realize. Was this common knowledge? Cretaus wouldn't know, he had never gone to school to learn. Well, that wasn't true. He did go for one year. That was before his mother disappeared...

He blinked, slowly going over what he had said quickly, allowing a little shrug to reveal itself. The boy even ignored (well, a slight grimace was given but that was all) the comment about him being weak. What was true was true. He knew it.

"It's ok," he said about the rambling, "It's...kind of funny when you do that. Um, but no, I don't know anything like that. I don't know much really. But you never sleep now? That's pretty amazing!"

He allowed himself a second of thought as he stared out over the mountains, "Though I'd miss dreaming. Not the nightmares though."

Cretaus eyed Zalzabar rather earnestly at this point. After everything that happened, he knew this might be rude. But he did ask if he had further questions.

"I'll get some sleep in a moment, I just...was kind of worked up with everything going on. But, um, I got lucky finding this place and passing the tests. Especially that last one. But...But!...If you still don't mind me being around, I..well...Dominus said..."

Cretaus stopped himself and took a deep breath. He was starting to ramble now. Needed to recollect and start over.

"What I mean to ask is this. Dominus offered to train me and I'm thinking I might take him up on that. But, I've got this weird feeling, like I'll need even more than that. I'm nowhere near any of you, so I won't be much use unless I...catch up?...fast. Would you be willing to train me too? I want to learn, sir. Anything. Everything! I'm sure I'll be able to be useful eventually that way!"

Getting shy, he quieted and stared at the snow once more. "I mean, at least think about it later? I know you're probably not in the mood to even consider that right now."

Zalzabar laughed, a merry, amused laugh.

"Of course I'll teach you my boy! If you are coming along with us I wouldn't have it any other way!"

He chuckled once more, pleased the boy didn't mind his rambles. Zalzabar opened his mouth to speak once more but was interrupted by a certain adept ryujin.

Cretaus allowed himself a little grin, part victorious and part genuine happiness. For one, despite the sorrow of everything going on, he managed to get Zalzabar to laugh again. For another, he was going to be taught! Maybe one day he would be some kind of amazing hero or something!

He would have swords and magic and and...maybe a bow like Taella. And he'd do illusions and clones and heal super fast! Oh! And lightning and ice and....

Cretaus' imagination was getting ahead of him now. And it all came crashing to a sudden halt as Anaxagore came over to them, beginning to speak to Zalzabar.

"Lord Elder..." That would be the extent of what Anaxagore would be able to say, perhaps he had intended to say more but he would not be able to.

Cretaus began to smile his way, his mood improved, but it was wiped away in the second it seemed to take for the Elder's mood to change.

"IDIOT! The whole point of the dome was so you adept ryujin wouldn't attract those moths to a flame!" The infuriated elder ryujin brought his hand to Anaxagore's head bringing him to sleep in an instant, after which he picked him up and brought his body back inside the dome, wrapping him in one of the extra bedding pieces Delsanra had made. He stomped back outside, in a far fouler mood than he had been before.

"Go to bed Cretaus, I need to think...I'm not angry with you...I... I just need to be alone now...we'll talk about training in the morning."

Zalzabar was not sad or happy any longer, he was mad.

With a quick chastisement, he moved to put the man to sleep through magic and moved him inside.

Cretaus only gulped. The teen had no idea what just happened. Zalzabar had stated what was going on, but even so Cretaus hadn't expected that. Soon enough, the man was stomping back outside and telling him to head back inside. His mood still decidedly foul.

He stood up quickly at the dismissal and didn't even notice the given cloak fall off his shoulders and back onto the ground, eager as he was to get away from the anger briefly shown.

"O-Of course! Sorry, Zalzabar sir..." A pause just before he entered the dome again, turning to look back behind him.

"I hope you feel better soon."

With that, Cretaus was back inside and rubbing his arms from the cold he had just endured a second or third time. His eyes swept the inside completely and noticed new bedding having been created. Well, that was good! Didn't have to worry about fighting over any.

Dominus was asleep. So was Anaxagore...given what just happened. And Taella too evidently. Squinting, he noticed that Esenma herself looked asleep from where she was snuggled up to the dragon form of Delsanra.

Kaynus was still just sitting where he was, his eyes now open because of Zalzabar's shout and subsequent dragging in of Anaxagore. He just stared at the teenager, making Cretaus uncomfortable.

Turning his face away from him and giving an embarrassed smile to the dragon that seemed to still be watching them as well, he ducked away into one of the new beds (unaware Delsanra had created it). It looked like it was best to just get to sleep after all. Hopefully everyone would be in a better mood in the morning...

It didn't take long at all for him to drift off to sleep once he had laid down.

Tag: Anaxagore, Kaynus, Delsanra, Ne'tar, & Rebecca (others asleep, so not officially tagging) @Shadowsun @greyjedi125 @Ktala @Mitth_Fisto @galactic-vagabond422

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Ne'tar
    Outside the Dome

Ne'tar laughed, hard and loud in a short burst! HA! "Ne'tar healing Orc Healing. Only thing Ne'tar can learn from Shaman." he stated with a grin and wink. "Orcs not have much armor as you, but Ne'tar heal through it. . .just don't get mad Ne'tar if skin grow into armor sealing leak. Happen, now an' again. So Ne'tar be told." Stretching arms forward with fingers locked, Ne'tar felt good pop before Ne'tar rub snow in hands.

"Ne'tar start with hole. When Ne'tar set arm bones then heal, much pain. Orc heal some best ever, but Orc heal not gentle." Ne'tar give warning before looking at the boar. "Ne'tar clean when done. Take easy rest, heal be fragile. If have belt, Ne'tar suggest bite before arm heal." Not waiting Ne'tar slap big wet hand over wound and one on own belt and begin chant. Water clean and cold stabbed down like a tendril from his palm into the wound. It would fill the wound as it glowed. Spread like roots to wound seal every leak by it's own watery resistance before the blood that was loose about was drawn in. The healing would begin. Pulse after pulse it would soothe and bind, swell and shrink. Spot by spot water be less, less in wound, more in palm. So go until wound be closed.

Then Ne'tar would feel arm, pull and set bones. Then heal. Then, put warrior to bed. Then clean boar. Then check Dark Knight Ana-gore. He look no so good but elf heal, Ne'tar make sure bones set right. If not Ne'tar break again and set proper. Then check Power Knight. . .Ne'tar not sure Ne'tar get to sleep tonight.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 , @Shadowsun

3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Rebecca Dragon
    Snow Dome

"I'll be fine don't worry." Rebecca said to the half orc as he advised her to bite into leather as he began his healing. As his hands pressed into her side over the still bleeding wound left by Roger, she grit her teeth. It was cold, the kind of stabbing cold that ripped right through her. It was a different sort of healing from what she was used to. Well not entirely, healing done without the aid of magic was rarely pleasant. A little laugh left her as she felt a final stab of pain in her side. The tingling remained as Ne'tar grabbed her wrist and violently yank on her arm. A deep grunt left her before she started laughing. It was the only way her body could deal with the shock of pain radiating through her. Her other hand girpped the healer's shoulder her armored fingers digging in a little and likely leaving a bruise.

A broken smile formed on her face as the pain finally subsided. A few deep breaths of the cold air letting the pain finally pass.

"You sure? We've both been through a bit." She said looking to the slaughtered beast. "My arm is better I can help…" Though he seemed to wave her off directing her towards the beds laid out for the party. Seemed everyone else was finding a bed and laying down. Sitting on the bedding she started removing the armor that encases her. It is a slow process but possible on her own. She learned long ago to not expect anyone to help her remove her scales. The breast plate comes off and she sets it to the side, next to her vambraces and pauldrons. A little while longer and she was out of her armor in just some padding that she wore underneath. Slipping under the blankets she closed her eyes wrapping her arms around the sheath, with her sword still in it, she pulled it closer, almost like a lover. She would not be completely unarmed, she would be ready to attack, to defend herself should they be attacked in the night.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @Shadowsun

4. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Chapter III
    The Road to Othos
    In time each of the adventurers made their way back inside the dome. Zalzabar remained outside his anger dissipating as the night dragged on.

It isn't the boy's fault...I should have been more clear with him. I'll apologize in the morning.

The lightning ryujin looked out into the night, contemplating the days events mouthing quietly to himself. He noted a shooting star that whizzed by to the north. His turned focus to what the next course of action should be.

Training is in order. Hmm... but how to divide them up... ah yes I like that.

As it became day break Zalzabar entered the ice dome, the remainder of the nights events uneventful outside, he opened his mouth and let out a large, thunderous yell.

"TIME TO WAKE UP SLEEPY ONES!" He let out a hearty chuckle afterwards amused by the party members awakening. He reached into his satchel bring out three silver, metallic balls, he threw them to the ground, they conformed and twisted to form cooking gear. A large pot, a skillet and a fork like implement that could be used as spatula.

Dominus bolted upright upon Zalzabar's words, looking a little sheepish before composing himself in a more serious manner.

"Who is good at cooking...I've been rather awful at cooking most of my life...strange I know...being one that has gone on many travels...ah I mean I'm not the worse cook....just not the best...ah that reminds me when you are all finished eating the delicious food Rebecca kindly supplied us with then we will discuss our next objective. Ah I'm too impatient I'll cook....no promises it will be yummy but someone else has to cook lunch."

He brought his two fingers, lightning escaping them forming a wire frame for the skillet to sit on over Anaxagore's flame. He made his way to find the boar meat, placing it carefully on the skillet, adding some oil he had with him first...he did know the basics after all. The smell of boar meat quickly filled the dome, he began to hand out pieces to the
    adventurers.

"It is gonna be a little bland, but should be alright..." He chuckled again to himself as he put some more pieces on the skillet. "Alright I was up all night thinking about our next move and well the objective remains unchanged. Those Crimson Knights for those of you who don't know are the vanguard of a nation to the north, named Haugun. A rather horrid nation, ruled by Malum Dragonson... ah he used to be such a sweet boy...." He paused giving a sad smile into the flames.

"Anyway they are bad news and likely Malum is trying to figure out how to bring Sapientis back. It would make the most sense to head to Xan...which will take awhile... but first we should stop off at Othos...ya know the capital of Athas. I'm good friends with Kenrith and it is on the way so we might as well. Anyway, anyway I'm getting ahead of myself, we can't go anywhere until you three." He pointed toward Delsanra, Kaynus and Anaxagore. "Figure out how to conceal your ryujin presence, otherwise when we travel a whole host of bad stuff will track us down. That's why I got annoyed last night Anaxagore...you might've well... to be frank...you might've killed us all but no matter I should of made it more clear."

Zalzabar let out another laugh, scratching the back of his head as he passed out more slabs of meat., one of which Dominus took, biting into it slowly. "Alright so today we ain't going anywhere...today's going to be long and hard...training day! So eat up and then meet me outside. Don't worry even you, Anaxagore, can come out this time I've taken precautions" he gave the adept ryujin a wink as he stepped outside, eagerly awaiting them all.

Dominus would be the first to get up, his wounds completely healed, even his eye had reformed. "Come on you heard Lord Zalzabar! Lets go!" He looked back to his master, he knew the grief wasn't gone, his own wasn't, but buried deep behind the mask of the rambling mentor.

Once they eventually made their way outside they would be greeted by the lightning ryujin himself, who was beaming with an almost infectious smile. A large cage of lighting could be seen surrounding the little encampment.

TAG: @Darth_Elu @Mitth_Fisto @galactic-vagabond422 @greyjedi125 @Kurisan @Ktala @The Jedi in the Pumas

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Earlier that night...

The sound dragon Sonus crashed into a nearby mountainside, unable to view where Zalzabar and company had escaped to. Roger forced his way out of Sonus' grip, his eyes filled with a maddening fever. Elizabeth also staggered out, slowly plucking the impaled arrows from her sockets, screaming as she did so,

"I'm going to find that little wood elf and snap her thin tiny neck"

Roger rushed over to Elizabeth his face like that of a beast, his movements unthinking, unplanned, pure instinct.

"Blood... I require your Blood." He brought his sword plunging towards Elizabeth's side. "Roger NO!" Sonus let out a burst of sound energy knocking the leader of the Crimson Knights to the ground. Roger slowly staggered back up, flinging his sword towards Sonus' eye.

"Your Blood will do fine" the sword plunged itself deep into the dragon's skull. The sound dragon collapsed to the ground lifeless. Roger marched over, pulling out his great sword as he slit open the dragon's skull, blood spurting forth, he smeared the dragon's blood all over himself, his face smiling. He turned back to face Elizabeth.

"It is his own fault for being so weak" Elizabeth slowly nodded, letting out a small cackle

"You didn't kill him did you?" Her empty sockets became ignited with eyeballs of fire, the ends of the flame rising above her eyebrows.

"No he should heal by morning...I needed the blood"

"Oh I know, but I did say we should've brought Arkon but you were like 'no Lord Malum us three can do it' and look where that got us!"

"The enemy was more powerful than expected, but we did kill two of them"

"You mean I killed two of them, you couldn't even handle that human boy and girl"

Roger turned and snarled at the woman. "Do not question my strength"

The woman cackled slightly, and then winced in pain. "We should rest dear Roger and then hunt them down tomorrow"

"Agreed" he spoke gruffly, making his way to Sonus, resting himself against the dragon's leg. His mind wandering, thinking back to the peculiar girl, her movements, the look in her eyes. He could have sworn he had seen those movements before.

Elizabeth meanwhile let out her hands, whispering an incantation as the fire in her hands formed into a bird.

[​IMG]
    "Fly my pretty, find Malum Dragonson, inform him of today's events"

The bird rose into the sky, shooting through the night sky like a star, off to find The King of Haugun.

TAG: No one...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Northern Corner of Haugun

As the two figures continued to converse a sinew of lightning and darkness, in the form of a bird, could be seen hurtling overhead, descending toward them. It was large, for a bird, at least five feet long, with an equally impressive wing span.

[​IMG]
    The creature hovered above The Lich King of Winter, its beak opening to speak. Out came the voice of Malum, a calm, elegant voice with a hint of smugness buried deep within.

"August and Ulfric you have no need here, go attend to the preparations for the invasion." Two large dark blue bolts of lightning came thundering down, engulfing the two generals, then in an instant both the lightning and the generals were gone.

The lightning phoenix then shifted its gaze toward Derius.

"Greeting King Derius of Taetus, no doubt you have guessed, I am Malum Dragonson. My humble apologies for not being able to make it in person." The lightning bird increased in brightness for a breath second, allowing a small response from the Witchking before it resumed speaking.

"Tell me Derius, what do you have to gain from this alliance? I know your hounds have been sniffing in my lands for quite some time, what is you wish to know? And perhaps most importantly... why do you wish to see the return of Sapientis?"

TAG: @The Jedi in the Pumas @Master Vo'Un'Var

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  5. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Esenma
    -Ice Dome Part 2, Electric Boogaloo

Her eyes shot open at the sound of Zalzabar's voice and a gust of wind erupted beneath her and catapulted her across the room to the doorway. She was wide awake and grinning. She clapped her hands. Those who knew her well would know that Esenma Ralinommu was a morning person. Her patted her legs and stomped softly in place, excited that the feeling had returned to her legs. It would be quite hard for them to travel if she was immobile and doubly hard if they were attacked again. She picked at the boar meat for a moment as she listened to Zalzy's assessment and plan; she was no fan of boar meat, but Ne'Tar and Rebecca would no doubt devour the low meat happily. Zalzabar's plan... Was sound, but she could see through the fellow Elder's true reasons for going to Othos:

Zalzabar and Esenma were not what they used to be. The rest of group would not be able to tell, which was understandable: even the oldest among them was barely alive when Esenma Skydragon ruled the skies and the Lightning Storm Zalzabar devastated entire squads of ryujins and armies. It was subtle because they were still quite powerful and wise. But she noticed Zalzabar being a step slow back in his castle and she had taken longer than ever to summon Exalos. And it had taken more effort than before. Zalzaba wanted to get them to Othos because there they would be protected. No matter the power of the Crimson Knights, no matter the apocalyptic strength of Malum and Haugun, an all out invasion of Athas would be necessary to assault the capital city of Othos. It would bide them time and hopefully they could use said time to get the group stronger.

Esenma finished picking the meat off the boar bone and spun it in her a small cyclone above her hand before splitting it into sections and flowing it over to Anaxagore, Delsanra, Kaynus, and Cretaus.

"You will all need your strength. Zalzabar's training sessions are rarely gentle and we're depending on you!" The ebony skinned elf turned and walked outside to joined Zalzy. She laid a palm on her old friend's shoulder as she joined him and rested her head on him. She breathed softly and intimately next to him. It felt like...two old dance partners about to share their last dance together. Three stones buried in the snow - her elemental stones having returned in the night - rose and settled themselves back into her bag.

"I like Delsanra, she's comfy and her will envelopes you like a big hug! But That Anaxagore...Methinks you're hard on him because he reminds you of a certain somebody." She raised her eyebrows suggestively and smiled wide.

The day was about to begin!

Tag: @greyjedi125 @Ktala @Darth_Elu @galactic-vagabond422 @Mitth_Fisto @Kurisan @Shadowsun

------

It was almost disrespectful. Disrespectful if it was not so foolish, or maybe it was more so due to the ignorance. The Witchking remembered the battle with Zalzabar. He would always remember it. Zalzabar was overwhelming and there were several moments where Derius thought not only that he would die but that Zalzabar would destroy all of Regnum. That was the power of Zalzabar. While Solis was right about Zalzabar's weakened state, dispatching him was not to be underestimated.

"I am sure you are eager." Was all that Derius said in response as his eyes slid to the sky. A familiar. Malum's familiar. The power of the phoenix was clear. This was the Dragonson's.

"Greeting King Derius of Taetus, no doubt you have guessed, I am Malum Dragonson. My humble apologies for not being able to make it in person."

Derius turned his gaze slowly to the Phoenix as the voice bellowed from it. He said nothing.

"Tell me Derius, what do you have to gain from this alliance? I know your hounds have been sniffing in my lands for quite some time, what is you wish to know? And perhaps most importantly... why do you wish to see the return of Sapientis?"

Gain. Know. Wish. The Taetusian King was still as he took his time responding. It was surprising that Malum mentioned the hounds. A pleasant surprise that almost made Derius smile. A cold sea wind blew softly over the landscape; Derius' hair glistening in the Haugun sun from the Haugun mist that saturated the air. The fog ballooned and thickened to the point where nothing was visible through it. It formed a white-grey wall behind Derius and stopped.

"I seek some of the many secrets of Ziapoah and King Miirphys is understandably resistant to allow a foreigner to abscond with the Wood Elves' knowledge." He would answer Malum's questions in order. "Generations have risen and fallen since Taetus last allied itself with a foreign Kingdom. Violating such a tradition requires much thought and information. Consider my hounds peaceful emissaries asking wordless questions."

"Why do I wish to see the return of Sapientis, you ask? Because it is what I have been called to do." His eyes never blinked. "It appears that your Winter Court will be leading the invasion. What will you be doing, Malum? Where will you be? And what do you ask of my forces?"

Tag: @Shadowsun @Master Vo'Un'Var

6. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Malum Dragonson
    The lightning familiar continued to hover above Solis, tilting its head, contemplating the answers had give. He could sense the bronze elf was speaking half truths, not to mention the rather no answer of why he wanted Sapientis to return, but he saw no reason to delve deeper, such pointless bickering would be counter productive. He was a secretive one, Malum could appreciate that.

"One hundred and fifty years ago I was blessed with a vision from Sapientis, informing me of the task at hand, what needed to be done. The subjugation of Athas is but a mere stepping stone to bringing back our Lord."

The dark phoenix became silent, surveying the elfling before resuming.

"As Athas falls I will be searching for her, the Ice Queen, the first Snow Elf, the first Ryuji, Gelida. No doubt your hounds have reached as far down into Xan?" The head of the phoenix tilted once more, the infliction in the voice seemingly amused by Derius' use of the creatures. "In which case you would've heard of that Gelida awakened in the middle of the great Xan desert?"

The familiar stretched out its wings and then brought them back in again. It dropped down landing on Solis' head "As for what I ask of your forces...well that depends...tell me more of your famous mages..."

Solis would feel a pulse of lightning come from the phoenix, nothing painful, a small jolt, his mind then became filled with the words of Malum. This was not the first time Malum had done this to him before.

Watch closely my child, I wonder if he knows of the Void...or rather do his mages do. He is rather strong for a non-ryujin don't you think? I can't quite place his nature... he has good control of his Aura. Your thoughts, my hand?

TAG: @Master Vo'Un'Var @The Jedi in the Pumas

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Delsanra Taenya Helestina
    Training Day!!

"TIME TO WAKE UP SLEEPY ONES!" Zalzy boomed out coming into the dome. Delsanra opened up a purple eye. Well, he seemed to be in a better mood. And was he....cooking?

The lurch and the wake of winds that touched her sides, let her know that Esenma was on the move. Delsanra was amazed. After drinking herself in a stupor the night before, Esenma was a whirlwind of motion, literally.

As Delsanra stretched and yawned, the smell of boar meat filled the air. Delsanra chuckled softly as she saw Dominus bolt upright before realizing where he was and recognizing the voice. She enjoyed watching Zalzabar cook. "It is gonna be a little bland, but should be alright..." He chuckled again to himself as he put some more pieces on the skillet. "Alright I was up all night thinking about our next move and well the objective remains unchanged. Those Crimson Knights for those of you who don't know are the vanguard of a nation to the north, named Haugun. A rather horrid nation, ruled by Malum Dragonson... ah he used to be such a sweet boy...." He paused giving a sad smile into the flames.

Esenma finished picking the meat off the boar bone and spun it in her a small cyclone above her hand before splitting it into sections and flowing it over to Anaxagore, Delsanra, Kaynus, and Cretaus.

Delsanra flicked a tongue, and the small cyclone of meat came over to her, which she promptly ate.

"Anyway they are bad news and likely Malum is trying to figure out how to bring Sapientis back. It would make the most sense to head to Xan...which will take awhile... but first we should stop off at Othos...ya know the capital of Athas. I'm good friends with Kenrith and it is on the way so we might as well. Anyway, anyway I'm getting ahead of myself, we can't go anywhere until you three." He pointed toward Delsanra, Kaynus and Anaxagore. "Figure out how to conceal your ryujin presence, otherwise when we travel a whole host of bad stuff will track us down. That's why I got annoyed last night Anaxagore...you might've well... to be frank...you might've killed us all but no matter I should of made it more clear."

Ah.. that was the yelling was about. Zalzabar suddenly let out another laugh, scratching the back of his head as he passed out more slabs of meat., one of which Dominus took, biting into it slowly. "Alright so today we ain't going anywhere...today's going to be long and hard...training day! So eat up and then meet me outside. Don't worry even you, Anaxagore, can come out this time I've taken precautions" he gave the adept ryujin a wink as he stepped outside, eagerly awaiting them all. Finished with the snack, Delsanra shot out a wing, and with a fluttering sound, her cape gently floated down. By the time it reached her, she was back in her elven shape. She clasped her cloak back around her shoulders.

Dominus would be the first to get up, his wounds completely healed, even his eye had reformed. "Come on you heard Lord Zalzabar! Lets go!" Delsanra hung out till the last, when she dispersed the extra beds she had made for the night. She then made her way outside.

Zalzy seemed to be in a great mood. He was beaming with an almost infectious smile. A large cage of lighting could be seen surrounding the little encampment. Delsanra shot up an eyebrow as she looked around, wondering if the cage also offered concealment. She then looked to Zalzabar and Dominus to find out what this 'training would intel. Though she was curious about how they would learn to hide their ryujin. From normal mages, it wasn't too difficult. But from hunters, that was a different thing. That would be something to think on. Maybe she could add it to her illusions. Instead of hiding it, make it appear as something else. Nothing the hunters would not be interested in.

Hmmmmm.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422, @Shadowsun, @greyjedi125, @Darth_Elu, @Kurisan, @Mitth_Fisto, @The Jedi in the Pumas

8. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Anaxagore
    Rest now, Good Knight

“Lord Elder….” the dark haired ryujin had intoned respectfully and with deference.

"IDIOT! The whole point of the dome was so you adept ryujin wouldn't attract those moths to a flame!"

There would be no time for understanding to dawn on him, or for an apology to leave his lips. Lord Zalzabar was simply to swift and his will too indomitable. The infuriated elder ryujin brought his hand to Anaxagore's head bringing him to sleep in an instant, after which he picked him up and brought his body back inside the dome, wrapping him in one of the extra bedding pieces Delsanra had made.

Anaxagore’s induced sleep would allow his unconscious mind to delve into his current quandary: How to become stronger. Unbidden lessons with several of his past masters would visit his dreams, especially Sword Master Nin and the nigh invincible Kaijutsu Master Namekian. The two had been bitter rivals, up until the day he’d challenged them both.

Unfortunately, the scene would be interrupted by a very loud and rude noise.

"TIME TO WAKE UP SLEEPY ONES!"

That was certainly…unexpected.

Anaxagore woke up feeling rested and healed…and not to mention, hungry. His stomach growled as he suddenly recalled the previous nights events. For the most part, he chose to be silent and observe as the events progressed. At least Lord Elder did not seem too upset with him as he’d been.

The smell of roasted boar meat made his stomach growl again, but he did not give in. He was the master of his body, not the other way around. However, when Esenma sent portions of cooked meat his way, he was sure to devour them heartily.

He ate and listened to Lord Zalzabar. He frowned at the mention of the Crimson Knights and almost hissed at Haugun and Malum, but they couldn’t compete with breakfast. He certainly wanted to scoff at the notion that Malum had once been a ‘sweet boy’. What misplaced sentimentality. The man was simply another despot that needed to be put down. That Zalzabar was friends with King Kenrith was, well, no surprise and yet, still surprising all at once. Besides, he had been following Taella's leading, who had somehow vanished from the scene. How curious.

So, the group was heading to Xan, but stopping at Othos. That was good. Of course, he was going to need a shower long before then. In fact, they would all need one, he supposed.

When Zalzabar spoke of their need to conceal their presence once again, and reflected on their encounter the previous night, Anaxagore understood. He nodded in response to Lord Elder’s wink, then smiled softly. Yeah, being the cause of all their deaths would have been very bad, indeed. No pressure though.

The idea that they all needed training was factual. But to undergo training here and now? That, he would need see. After all, he'd been trained by the strictest of Martial Masters? What would training under Zalzabar be like?

Anaxagore smiled at the idea and quickly rose when Lord Elder informed that he could venture outside the dome.

Once outside, a huge cage made of lightning encompassed their entire camp. That was impressive. Zalzabar grinning however……hmmmmmm……what did Lord Elder have in mind? Well, they were all about to find out.

Tag: @Shadowsun * ( everyone else )

Darth_Elu, Mitth_Fisto, Ktala and 4 others like this.
  9. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Taella
    Daybreak on the Mountain

From her perch high amongst the rocks, Taella watched Lord Zalzabar stride back into the enchanted snow dome. Having become restless during the night, the young Wood Elf had slunk out for a wander, to see how far the valley stretched, to study the snow dome from afar beneath the moonlight. It was indeed cunning; one would not have spotted it if one did not know it was there.

Her patrol also satisfied her that their crimson enemies were several ranges away and still recuperating, for now. At one point she had spotted a streak of fire swooping in the night sky. A bird of fire, if she was not mistaken. Of what this portent foretold, she was not yet sure.

At Zalzabar's noisy call to breakfast, she scampered down the mountainside and slipped back into the dome. The Dragonkin Lord had prepared the boar and the Lady Esenma cut and distributed pieces. When the others had their choice, Taella ripped a remaining leg with a half-dagger and retreated to her previous bed. She offered a prayer for the soul of the animal. Its death had been in violation of the sanctity of the Hunt, but that was the way of humans. Taella ensured the spirit would pass on its way. Then she tucked in hungrily.

She listened while Zalzabar made his intentions known for their journey, her heart saddening a little to know they were going to Xan, as she had suspected. But along the way they would stop at Athas. This would be a new world to her, new paths to find. The Dragon Lord was full of cheer and chatter again this morn. Taella shook her head. How quickly he recovers from grief.

Then came the news they were to train. Dominus was healed and back to his commanding self, ordering them all outside for the day's tasks. She skipped along after the others, curious.

The lightning cage was a marvellous conjuration, but Taella instinctively flinched from cages of any kind.

Zalzabar seemed intent on the Dragonkin. He had stated it was important that they learn to hide their natures from enemy sorcerers, so Taella suspected the day's training would be more about spellcasting and dispelling - not arts with which she was blessed. She glanced across to Cretaus and Rebecca, wondering what was in store for them three...

TAG: @Shadowsun @Darth_Elu @galactic-vagabond422 @greyjedi125 @The Jedi in the Pumas @Ktala @Master Vo'Un'Var @Mitth_Fisto

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Training Day

Ne'tar swear Ne'tar just lay down when Zalzabar came in! Ne'tar barely close eyes and yell be given, followed by laugh. This one true evil. But as Ne'tar pry eyes open with great might Ne'tar see it benevolent evil, as Zalzabar set up breakfast station. Zalzabar rant on cooking, Ne'tar not awake enough to process petty words, Ne'tar know what Ne'tar have to do.

More words spoken as Ne'tar get to where Ne'tar had stored butchered boar meat. Take one large muscle as whole and stab on sword, Ne'tar walk back to sit by fire and stick under cooking things. Ne'tar no wait, no get in way either. Just sit by fire and cook hunk until white drip juices and crust form outside. Ne'tar stab in fire and turn to sear outer layer. Ne'tar eat fine, no season mean Ne'tar can taste meat. Whole point sometimes.

Ne'tar finally awake enough, hear words. "Anyway they are bad news and likely Malum is trying to figure out how to bring Sapientis back. It would make the most sense to head to Xan...which will take awhile... but first we should stop off at Othos...ya know the capital of Athas. Blah, blah, we can't go anywhere until you three." Ne'tar look up, Ne'tar got get finger wave so head dip back to stare at meat. "Figure out how to conceal your ryujin presence, blah, blah, kill us, blah."

Zalzabar let out another laugh, scratching the back of his head as he passed out more slabs of meat, one of which Dominus took, biting into it slowly. "Alright so today we ain't going anywhere...today's going to be long and hard...training day! So eat up and then meet me outside. Blah, blah, Anaxagore, blah blah." Zalzabar talk much.

Once meat done Ne'tar scoot back. Ne'tar get on knees hunch over to eat with two hands on sword. Meat hot, meat good. Dominus get up first, wounds all better, even eye back. Ne'tar do good job. Ne'tar grunt in satisfaction at that as Ne'tar finish meat on sword. Need moment Ne'tar clean blade before Ne'tar respond to Power Elf words of "Come on you heard Lord Zalzabar! Lets go!".

Once step outside Ne'tar look at cage of lightning. Odd no thunder. Ne'tar rub snow on hands and face, Ne'tar clean self now. Wash up after meal, make crystal work harder protect from elements. Ne'tar then look at others with shrug. "Ne'tar new. Ne'tar learn everything can. Ne'tar only know hunt, stables, and Heal." Ne'tar shrug at that. Others have words too, but Ne'tar yawn hard. Rubbing with sadness bare head. Ne'tar miss turban, which make Ne'tar miss mother.

TAG: @Darth_Elu , @Shadowsun , @galactic-vagabond422 , @greyjedi125 , @Kurisan , @Ktala , @The Jedi in the Pumas

11. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Solis Kayne

Strong indeed.
    Kayne replied, tilting his head and watching Derius closely.

I am having trouble placing his aura as well, my king. He conceals his presence very well. As to be expected from a mage as strong as he. as far as I can tell, it seems to be wind with a small tone of something darker.

Kayne flicked his eyes down towards the silver goblet, which was now crumbling to dust as its use had expired.

As to the void, it remains to be seen. Perhaps it would be best if he was unaware, as so we hold more cards in our hand.

Kayne listened intently as his master spoke the the Witch King of the North. The goblet beneath him had now crumbled completely to dust, the wind blowing its remains across the landscape.

To himself, he thought. He liked this one very much. He reeked of power. A very useful tool to Sapientis, and he understood this. As he said, he had been called to. Both of them had. It was their duty. Sapientis would rule once again.

@The Jedi in the Pumas @Shadowsun

12. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Kaynus Allbright IC:
    ~Snowy Mountains, Athas~

At some point after Cretaus had come to bed, Kaynus sighed deeply to himself and settled himself into bed as well. Might as well. The body needed to rest, even if it was already nearly healed, his dragon blood doing its work as expected.

He would already be asleep before Rebecca and Ne’tar returned.

…………..
    ……….
    …….
    …..

“TIME TO WAKE UP SLEEPY ONES!”

Kaynus’ eyes shot open, though he did not sit up immediately, a scowl on his face as he turned in his poor bedding to face in the direction of the one who dared yell. Ah, but of course. It was Zalzabar. Somehow he should have known.

It would appear he had recovered emotionally from the ordeal, very good. It was high time to get a move on. Rousing himself up completely, Kaynus stood and stretched where he was. It had been a while since he had to sleep in his day clothes like that. Actually kind of amusing. If not the reasons for it.

Watching the Elder Ryujin carefully, he saw him magically pull out his cooking utensils and begin to speak about cooking and how he was not that great at it. Instinctively, he looked toward the one who then served the master. He knew the man’s ryujin blood would serve him well and thus did not find this overly unfair. Indeed, Dominus was quite well and healed. All body parts restored and skin looking pristine.

Truly to be a ryujin was a blessing! A sign of their supreme status in the world!

Kaynus frowned and looked back at Zalzabar however when he abruptly decided to cook after all. He warns them to his poor skill and then forces them to go through with it anyway? One unfortunate misery after the next.

Still. The sudden smell of the boar meat was quite nice. His face scrunched up expecting the poor taste, he sat himself nearby and accepted his meat from both the man and the extra bit floated to him via wind magic not long later by Esenma.

“Thank you for the meal, even if this is a bit…” he decided not to finish his statement. They knew what he meant and it didn’t bear repeating.

The food turned out to be as bland as promised. Kaynus did his best not to make a face as he ate, knowing their situation well.

He failed miserably.

“Alright, I was up all night thinking about our next move and well, the objective remains unchanged. Those Crimson Knights for those of you who don’t know, are the vanguard of a nation to the north, named Haugun. A rather horrid nation, ruled by Malum Dragonson…ah he used to be such a sweet boy….”

Kaynus, at this, chewed ever slower and began to set down his meat. Oh, he knew all about Haugun. And the Crimson Knights. And Malum. And more than that as well. His face visibly darkened, but he said nothing. It could easily have been misconstrued as memories of the past night due to their now joint experience with the Crimson Knights. They would be partly right as a few flashes of the night did indeed appear.

“Anyway they are bad news,” Kaynus’ jaw tightened, “and likely Malum is trying to figure out how to bring Sapientis back. It would make the most sense to head to San…which will take awhile…but first we should stop off at Othos…ya know the capital of Athas. I’m good friends with Kenrith and it is on the way so we might as well. Anyway, anyway, I’m getting ahead of myself, we can’t go anywhere until you three.”

Kaynus allowed the conversation about their next steps bring him out of his darker thoughts and looked fully back at Zalzabar, his eyebrows raising slightly when he was among those pointed at specifically.

“Figure out how to conceal your ryujin presence, otherwise when we travel a whole host of bad stuff will track us down. That’s why I got annoyed last night Anaxagore…you might’ve, well…to be frank…you might’ve killed us all but no matter I should have made it more clear.”

Allowing a small sigh to escape his lips in stark irritation, he threw an agitated glance toward Anaxagore. Protector indeed. Hmph. Poor example he was giving thus far. Fellow ryujin or not. And he was not happy about concealing his presence as a ryujin. At all.

But he could not argue with the reasoning, so explicitly given an exclamation mark on ahead of time the previous night. His lips thinned tightly.

“I cannot disagree, but I am not pleased,” he managed to admit openly.

“Alright so today we ain’t going anywhere…today’s going to be long and hard…training day! So eat up and then meet me outside. Don’t worry, even you, Anaxagore, can come out this time. I’ve taken precautions.”

Training day, hm? Then they would immediately being working on that concealment. Ugh. Fine!

Esenma spoke up as well, garnering his attention. She had earned his respect thus far, so it was only proper.

“You will all need your strength. Zalzabar’s training sessions are rarely gentle and we’re depending on you!”

“If we’re going to be doing this, I don’t require ‘gentle.’ Only results!” he proclaimed haughtily.

Soon enough, Dominus was up and leading the way with Esenma not far behind.

“Come on, you heard Lord Zalzabar! Let’s go!”

Taking a deep breath and then quickly finishing what remained of their breakfast, such as it was, he got up and marched outside along with the others. If that was the last time he tasted Zalzabar’s personal cooking, it wouldn’t have been soon enough.

As they stepped outside onto the mountainside, a nice sunny day thankfully, they noticed the large lightning cage over the whole area. An interesting start, he only smirked. Very well. He was sure he could handle anything the Elder could throw at them.

“Ne’tar new. Ne’tar learn everything can. Ne’tar only know hunt, stables, and Heal.”

Kaynus glanced at him dully. “Count me as unsurprised.”

From here he then threw another look toward Anaxagore, a challenge flashing into existence in his eyes. “Try not to hold us back, ‘Protector.’

The sarcasm dripping from the emphasis on the man's self-given title was as obvious as sky above and the mountain they stood on. It was meant to be so. Anaxagore had a lot of proving to do if he could ever hope to impress him, especially given everything that had transpired. And he had dared to speak up to him during the feast? What a joke!

Marching forward ahead of the others to be closer to where the two Elders were quietly conversing, he folded his arms over his chest confidently. His own face beaming back arrogantly, as if forgetting everything that had just recently occurred.

In truth, he was trying to forget.

“Let us get started then, Lord Zalzabar! I shall show you how fast that I, Kaynus Allbright, can learn anything! We can only hope the others do not become discouraged when they see for themselves.

In his normal manner, Kaynus had thrown down the gauntlet for the others. Anaxagore and Delsanra would be the only possible challenging people there, though unlikely to learn faster than he. The others? They hardly mattered. Especially the non-ryujin among them.

The dead weight.

Tag: Zalzabar, Dominus, Esenma, Anaxagore, Ne’tar, Delsanra, Taella, Rebecca, & Cretaus

@Shadowsun @The Jedi in the Pumas @greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto @Ktala @Kurisan @galactic-vagabond422 @Master Vo'Un'Var (Hope I'm still doing right by Kaynus, my friend!)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
    Ktala, Shadowsun, greyjedi125 and 3 others like this.
  13. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Training Day
    Part I

[​IMG]

Once the adventurers had all gathered outside Zalzabar turned to Dominus, speaking to him briefly.

“Hey you can still do that thing right?”

“Lord Elder what is that ‘thing’ you need to be more specific”

“You know, the cloning thing.”

“You can make your own clones, Sir”

“Oh, those are just bundles of lightning, they can’t really interact with the real world and I won’t retain their memories. You know that full well. Come on don't be lazy.”

Dominus sighed before placing his hand on the lightning ryujin’s head.

“How many do you want my Lord?”

“Hmm…lets see I should only need two clones…yeah two clones ought to do it… wait…errr… yeah Ne’tar will go with… yeah then we’ll have those three together and then…Rebecca will do… yeah…oh right Esenma... na never mind just one clone”

“Very well my Lord”

Dominus then pressed his hand into Zalzabar, it seemed a figure began to morph out of him, just like when Dominus cloned himself during the trial of power. After a moment a fully formed copy of Zalzabar blinked into existence. They began to turn to each other, blinking slightly as they began to babble to one another.

“Oh you’re looking very fine today” spoke the clone, giving a slight bow as he unloaded the compliment.

“Why thank you kind sir, you as well”

“My, my, where did you get the satchel”

“You like it? I got it off a lovely dwarven couple during a vacation in Xan”

“Wait you took a vacation? Don’t you know the world is about to end?”

“Oh, will you stop, you’ve been saying that for years”

“Well because its true you know”

Dominus just stood there, sighing slightly, clearly used to this being the result of his magic.

“Sir, you wanted to do training?”

The two Zalzabar’s turned and faced Dominus, grinning with a giddy glee. The original stepped forward and began speaking.

“Alright, as each of you have very different needs in terms of your training, we will be splitting into five groups. Kaynus, Anaxagore, and Delsanra you will be with me going over aura control. We quite literally can’t begin traveling safely until you three can master this, or are at least proficient. Esenma darling please go over the test of breath with Ne’tar, good steppingstone for him getting better control of transforming into his ryujin state. Rebecca you’ll be going over combat training with Dominus, and I know you’re thinking you were able to beat him during the test of power… well you certainly beat one ninth of him.” Zalzabar gave a wink to Dominus as he said this before resumed talking.

Taella and Cretaus you’ll be with Zalzabar number two here. Going over a... variety of different things.” The lightning ryujin gestured to the second Zalzabar who began to wander over to the pair.

"Who you calling number two?"

Zalzabar ignored Zalzabar opening his mouth to give the go ahead to split up.

"Alright BREAK!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    The first Zalzabar went over to the three adept ryujin, his face now held an expression of seriousness, with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"Alright listen up kiddos! You three...well you three have a serious case of "look at me I'm a ryujinitis" a very common and deadly disease among us ryujin. I shouldn't have to explain why this a paramount skill to learn, many ryujin don't bother learning this and then get killed." He took a short pause, looking to each of the three to make sure they understood.

"Now aura control is a rather difficult skill to learn, especially for the entire body so first we can going to practice on something a bit...smaller scale." Zalzabar looked around for a moment, before reaching into his pocket to produce a cluster of small stones. Just what was with Zalzabar and all these little rocks?

[​IMG]
    "These are called keening stones, so named because when you focus your aura in just the right way they begin to make a wailing noise. This is an exercise I learnt at the Zafirian Academy, essentially the idea is to focus your aura into the stone, adjusting the...oh what was the term they used... wavelength? no, no frequency? Ah something like that... you get the idea right?"

He took one holding it in front of him, focusing on the stone for several seconds, a bead of sweat trickling down the side of his head. After a moment the stone began to emit a high pitch cry that left a slight sting in their ears.

"Anyway that's the idea, this is a relatively simple exercise but is often quite draining." He reached up to wipe the small amount of sweat that had accumlated on his forehead.
    He then tossed one stone to each of them before nodding to them to begin.

"Alright just going to have a quick word with Esenma, let me know if you have any questions" he beamed once more, before dashing off to talk to the bronze elf.

TAG: @Ktala @Darth_Elu (Kaynus) @greyjedi125 I'll be sending a PM on how roughly well each of your characters will do on this task.

---------------------------------------------------------------------​
    The second Zalzabar began to reach into his bag, pulling out a fist size stone, it looked rather unusual, mostly black but with highlights of red, yellow and orange.

[​IMG]

“This is called a ‘nature stone’ and it tells you what your archnature is” Zalzabar spared a glance to Cretaus who no doubt had any idea what a ‘nature’, ‘archnature’ or whatever he was talking about.

“Basically, it tells you what kind of magic you can perform…sort of. Now you two are certainly not mage types but it is rather useful to know what your nature is, never hurts to have more tools in your tool kit.” He then proceeded to hold the rock in his open palm, he looked down upon it, letting his aura seep into the rock.

The stone then began to slowly get bigger, become twice its original size. “Rather dull I know, but this means my archnature is creation, although you no doubt figured that out already.” As he said this the rock returned to its original size as a quiet cackle of lightning surrounded the man as if to underscore what his magic was. He then passed the rock to Taella.

"Let your aura seep into the stone, allow it to bathe the rock, gently you don't want to overload it with energy... that can have...unintended consequences" he chuckled as he said this. Watching carefully to see what would happen to the stone, before nodding and telling her to pass it to Cretaus.

TAG: @Kurisan @Darth_Elu (Cretaus) (Kurisan consult the Journal for the effects that take place for the nature stone, we can talk if you wish to discuss this further. Elu check your PM box before posting.)

The Knight of Power stared down at Rebecca as Zalzabar continued to talk. He motioned to her follow, stepping away slightly from the rest of the group. Towards the edge of the large lightning cage. He then turned back towards her, opening his mouth to speak.

"I assume you are not opposed to training to become stronger?" The snow elf tilted its head, his face a deep seeded frown, not from annoyance but just his sheer serious demeanor. "You are being payed for it after all" He nodded, he knew full well the type that Rebecca was. She was different from the others not embarking on this quest for power, knowledge or a sense of duty. No much simpler coin, well at least that's how it appeared to Dominus.

"Don't worry his castle maybe gone, but Lord Zalzabar has plenty of coin waiting for you in Othos." He began to take off his torn cloak, he had little need for it, the cold was something he thrived in after all. His red eyes met Rebecca's as he asked a simply question.

"I take it you are from South Osatia, you performed the Flower of Battle rather beautifully during the test of power" He then proceeded to take off his blood stained tunic, leaving him topless, his grey skin laid bare to the world. His eyes were not the red they had been before, although still carried the same commanding intensity she had seen before. She would be able to get the feeling that things would not go like last time, after all this was no mere clone or imitation, but all of Dominus.

[​IMG]

"Enough talk I think. Come on. Whenever you ready. Unless you have any questions, but you don't seem like the type" He was noticeably without a sword, instead he moved his feet apart slightly, his arms loose by his sides as he stood there waiting for Rebecca to make the first move.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 (Combo?)​

After the first Zalzabar had finished conversing with the adept ryujin, he wandered over to speak briefly to Esenma and Ne'tar.

"I expect you would like to be able to transform on command Ne'tar?" Asked Zalzabar softly before giving a sideways glance to Esenma. "Dear Esenma hear used to run a school for young ryujin, so she is more than qualified than to help you out, assuming that is what you want to do of course?" He eyed the half-orc, a smile on his face. He was pleasantly pleased to learn that Ne'tar was quite the capable healer. As hard as he had tried over the years he had never been able to convince his lightning to help him heal wounds, plus it would come in very useful to have a healer in the group.

"Been awhile since you've had a pupil hasn't it? Don't freak him out too much will you know?" Zalzabar gave Esenma a wink before launching himself back to his own trainees.

TAG: @The Jedi in the Pumas @Mitth_Fisto

14. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Taella Sparrowswift
    Training day

[​IMG]

Taella felt the colour rise in her cheeks as Zalzabar took herself and Cretaus aside. She was suddenly shy to be directly addressed by the great Dragonkin Lord. She had become used to his attention being solely on the other Ryujin.

Well, it was not really him, was it? It was hard to tell, the mirroring spell was so strong.

He produced a nature stone and Taella smiled with recognition as he handed it to her. She tenderly held the enchanted rock and closed her eyes, enjoying the warm tingle of magic. She felt it flow, shrink and change shape in her hands.

There was no conscious effort on her part now, she just let her nature pour into the stone. After her ceremony of the Long Night, her spirit animal had been determined.

She opened her eyes and looked down at the delicate figurine of a sparrow in her hands.

Then she held it up so that Zalzabar could examine her nature, and pass his judgement...

TAG: @Shadowsun @Darth_Elu

greyjedi125, Darth_Elu and Shadowsun like this.
  15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Delsanra Taenya Helestina
    Zalzy was a rolling stone...

They were all awakened early, and Zalzabar led them outside. Then things got strange. He asked Dominus to clone him so that he could do various lessons. The two Zalzabar's then chatted with each other for a few seconds until Dominus interrupted. Then, he got back to business.

“Alright, as each of you have very different needs in terms of your training, we will be splitting into five groups. Kaynus, Anaxagore, and Delsanra you will be with me going over aura control. We quite literally can’t begin traveling safely until you three can master this, or are at least proficient. Esenma darling please go over the test of breath with Ne’tar, good steppingstone for him getting better control of transforming into his ryujin state. Rebecca you’ll be going over combat training with Dominus, and I know you’re thinking you were able to beat him during the test of power… well you certainly beat one ninth of him.” Zalzabar gave a wink to Dominus as he said this before resumed talking.

"Alright BREAK!"

WIth a shrug, Delsanra followed Zalzy over to where he had motioned. The first Zalzabar went over to the three adept ryujin, his face now held an expression of seriousness, with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"Alright listen up kiddos! You three...well you three have a serious case of "look at me I'm a ryujinitis" a very common and deadly disease among us ryujin. I shouldn't have to explain why this a paramount skill to learn, many ryujin don't bother learning this and then get killed." He took a short pause, looking to each of the three to make sure they understood.

"Now aura control is a rather difficult skill to learn, especially for the entire body so first, we can going to practice on something a bit...smaller scale." Zalzabar looked around for a moment, before reaching into his pocket to produce a cluster of small stones. Well, not a true statement. Delsanra was taught in some seclusion. So secrecy was a bit of the process. But that was mostly hiding from normal humans. She understood the concepts of such a thing. And when he pulled out the stone, she smiled. Delsanra often meditated with stones herself. So now Zlazy had her total attention.

"These are called keening stones, so named because when you focus your aura in just the right way they begin to make a wailing noise. This is an exercise I learnt at the Zafirian Academy, essentially the idea is to focus your aura into the stone, adjusting the...oh what was the term they used... wavelength? no, no frequency? Ah something like that... you get the idea right?"

He took one holding it in front of him, focusing on the stone for several seconds, a bead of sweat trickling down the side of his head. After a moment the stone began to emit a high pitch cry that left a slight sting in their ears. Delsanra's eyes went wide. Those stones were ... those were magnificent!!! She could not wait to try.

"Anyway that's the idea, this is a relatively simple exercise but is often quite draining." He reached up to wipe the small amount of sweat that had accumulated on his forehead. He then tossed one stone to each of them before nodding to them to begin.

"Alright just going to have a quick word with Esenma, let me know if you have any questions" he beamed once more, before dashing off to talk to the bronze elf.

Delsanra's eyes had noticed when Zalzabar had wiped the sweat from his brow. If it is sweat for him?.... she wondered. But then again, she knew different types of magic worked differently on different beings. Much of his abilities were working with lightning. He depended on Dominus to make clones for him. Zalzabar was an elemental type user, like Esenma. But Dominus seemed to be more in tune similar to herself in some ways. Hmmm.

Delsanra took the stone that was offered her, plucking it deftly from the air, when Zalzy tossed it to her. She held the rock in her fingertips, carefully examining it. She then promptly sat down, her cloak spilling out around her, as she held her hand out in front of her, and concentrated on the small stone.

After a few moments, Delsanra began to sweat. This was much more difficult than she imagined. When Delsanara concentrates on her magics, she has an idea of what it is she is trying to create, or what type of effect she is wanting to create. This was something totally unique. Even in spells that created illusions or hidden factors, there was a certain tangent she could focus on. An idea. And somehow, she didn't think 'making rocks scream' would quite do it. She thought for a few moments, trying to decide what was it she really wanted to do. Focusing her aura.

... so, were the stones tuned to a certain aura? Then getting in tune with the stones, caused them to sing, when you matched their... what did he call it, their frequency? No, that didn't feel right. That you used for vibrations and sounds. No, that was not entirely right either. Things did have a sort of vibration of their own. To make a good illusion, you needed it to match the surroundings. To blend. Was that what you were doing when you dispursed Ryujin energy? To blend it to the surrounding area, so it did not stick out? That was an idea, she could understand.

Delsara gave a long breath of air and then concentrated again, this time, with a clearer thought of what it was she wanted to accomplish.

Several, what seemed to Delsanra like very long minutes seemed to ever so slowly tick by as she concentrated. Even outside, in the snow, she was beginning to sweat profusely in concentration. But after a while, she began to hear a sound. It took her a few moments to notice it. It wasn't as loud as Zalzabar, but it was still something.

Delsara let the stone fall into her lap. She was just happy to have it make a sound. Zalzabar was correct. It would most definitely take practice to obtain the results. She would rest a bit before trying ti again.

TAG: @Shadowsun,` @Darth_Elu, @greyjedi125

16. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Cretaus IC:
    ~A Rude Awakening Followed By Playing With Rocks…Yippee~

The world had fallen away as he drifted into sleep, letting Cretaus forget about all the troubles so recently faced. All the dangers so narrowly avoided. All the whispers of doom yet to come.

And it thundered back into existence with the voice of an Elder Ryujin.

“TIME TO WAKE UP SLEEPY ONES!”

The teen wasn’t just sitting upright, he was up and on his feet, nearly having a panic attack. His breathing coming fast and ragged. As if his life was on the line. Or, he’d be on his feet if there weren’t blankets in the way. Cretaus’ eyes widened as he found himself struggling with this foreign, yet so utterly soft, substance keeping him pinned down. He was being strangled! Someone was trying to carry him off! The guards, they had found him! This was it. It was all over.

How!? NO!

It took him a few seconds to stop, still panting, as he stared at the ceiling of the snow dome. Realization slowly dawned on him, his face starting to turn red. He wasn’t used to blankets. To be entirely truthful, he had even forgotten what they had felt like. Or, momentarily, where he was and everything that had transpired.

But he was back now and muttering quietly to himself as he slowly pulled himself out of the bedding, his breathing starting to return to normal, and looked to where Zalzabar was already speaking about breakfast. Food…..

“...Ah that reminds me when you are all finished eating the delicious food Rebecca kindly supplied us with then we will discuss our next objective. Ah, I’m too impatient, I’ll cook….no promises it will be yummy but someone else has to cook lunch.”

Yummy? Who cared about that? Food was food. You never say no to food. His stomach answered in kind as he shuffled over to where the others had already moved themselves into position. With a glance as Zalzabar cooked, he noticed Dominus up and already well again. His missing eye and limbs already replaced.

That man and his healing!

Still. He offered the snow elf, should he look, a cautious smile. It was nice to see him all right after all. Before his mind could delve further on the matter, the smell of the boar meat reached him. His mouth was practically watering as his neck immediately swiveled to have him stare at the coming food. He was weak when it came to matters of the stomach, he knew this, but could you blame him?

“It is gonna be a little bland, but should be alright…”

Cretaus took his piece without a care, practically eagerly snatching it out of the man’s hands unashamedly. He was wolfing it down in record time. Even the feast from the previous night did not slow him. Probably something to do with the following panic cancelling it out.

When another piece seemed to float magically over to him, he only paused long enough to blink, before snatching it and beginning to devour that one as well. The only thing making him raise his eyebrow was a brief glance at Taella who had been quietly saying something under her breath with a look of concentration before she too started eating. What was that about? Oh well.

Back to eating!

“Thank you for the meal, even if this is a bit…”

Great? Had to agree there!

“Alright, I was up all night thinking about our next move and well, the objective remains unchanged. Those Crimson Knights, for those of you who don’t know, are the vanguard of a nation to the north, named Haugun. A rather horrid nation, ruled by Malum Dragonson…ah, he used to be such a sweet boy….”

Cretaus only glanced up, slightly curious, as he ate. Crimson Knights. Guys who had attacked them. Noted. Haugun. Bad place. Noted. Malum Dragonson. Another typical evil ruler. Answer was simple enough of course.

Avoid them.

“Anyway, they are bad news and likely Malum is trying to figure out how to bring Sapientis back. It would make the most sense to head to Xan…which will take awhile…but first we should stop off at Othos…ya know the capital of Athas. I’m good friends with Kenrith and it is on the way so we might as well.”

Why would anyone want to bring Sapientis back? That was something he was having trouble fathoming. He was the devil. Some kind of dark thing that was going to destroy the world. How did that benefit anybody? But some city was next on the list, then Xan. A place he had heard about from travelers back where he had once lived. That was the home of most orcs, right? Would be interesting to see. No idea who Kenrith was, probably didn’t matter when it came to him personally.

“Anyway, anyway, I’m getting ahead of myself, we can’t go anywhere until you three figure out how to conceal your ryujin presence, otherwise when we travel a whole host of bad stuff will track us down. That’s why I got annoyed last night Anaxagore…you might’ve, well…to be frank…you might’ve killed us all, but no matter. I should have made it more clear.”

So that was why he had gotten so angry! That made sense. If not the whole presence thing. But ryujin could probably smell other ryujin? Something like that he was sure. He glanced over at Anaxagore to see how he took it. His nod seemed to show he was understanding too. That was good. Best not to have any ill feelings linger.

“I cannot disagree, but I am not pleased.”

Ugh. Was that guy ever pleased? Cretaus rolled his eyes without restraint as he went back to finishing his meal. Which only took a couple more bites admittedly.

“Alright, so today we ain’t going anywhere…today’s going to be long and hard…training day! So eat up and then meet me outside. Don’t worry even you, Anaxagore, can come out this time. I’ve taken precautions.”

Cretaus grinned as he just sat there for a moment, digesting the absolutely delicious breakfast he had. Boar meat. Freshly cooked. FOR BREAKFAST!

Never in his life could he have imagined such a sweet thing to ever become reality! This trip was so worth it…the brief image of Roger swinging his sword down at him and the other Crimson Knight woman pinching his cheeks momentarily making him reconsider for just a second.

Nope. Still worth it. Training Day. Training. For all of them, which meant he was included!

“Come on, you heard Lord Zalzabar! Let’s go!”

Dominus was back to full health, that was obvious. Would he have to face off against the Knight of Power once more? Well, if he wanted to get stronger, then very well!

“You will all need your strength. Zalzabar’s training sessions are rarely gentle and we’re depending on you!”

Cretaus smiled as Esenma left first to join the man, though his head cocked to the side a bit. Wouldn’t she need her strength too? She was part of their group as well. Oh well, the thoughts of a tough training didn’t scare him. He had survived everything this far.

How hard could it be?

“If we’re going to be doing this, I don’t require ‘gentle.’ Only results!”

There went Kaynus again. Could someone shove some more boar meat into his mouth to shut him up!?

Finally standing up and dusting off the snow from his armor, which caused a brief grin again at the sight of it on him, and he was strolling contently outside. The lightning cage all over the area had him open his mouth in wonder, his eyes wide as they took it all in.

This was going to be so amazing!

Noticing the others coming out as well, he smiled to see Delsanra had shifted back to her normal form. He went to thank her for saving him, but paused and instead looked away with a slight blush. These beautiful women were just too much for him. Too, too much. The words had caught in his throat and he opted to stay silent for the moment.

Ne’tar new. Ne’tar learn everything can. Ne’tar only know hunt, stables, and Heal.”

“Count me as unsurprised.”

Cretaus’
    nostrils flared in frustration for a moment at Kaynus looking down on Ne’tar for no discernible reason again. Jerks like him would get what were coming to them, sooner or later!

“Well, you certainly know more than me,” he spoke up in his way of defending the orc, “But I’m hoping to learn everything too!”

Kaynus seemed to ignore him before beginning his announcement.

Let us get started then, Lord Zalzabar! I shall show you how fast that I, Kaynus Allbright, can learn anything! We can only hope the others do not become discouraged when they see for themselves.”

Seriously. Boar meat. Mouth. Insert. Shaddap.

By the end of the day, Cretaus was determined to give the boisterous man something to chew on other than the boar meat. He would learn faster!

After a quiet moment of conversing between themselves, Zalzabar moved slightly away from Esenma and began talking with Dominus. They spoke of clones again, though this time Dominus helped Zalzabar have one of him. Wow. He could do clones of other people too?

Magic could really do anything! His eyes couldn’t believe what they were seeing, but he lapped it all up visually nonetheless.

“Oh you’re looking very fine today.”

“Why thank you kind sir, you as well.”

“My, my, where did you get the satchel?”

“You like it? I got it off a lovely dwarven couple during a vacation in Xan.”

“Wait, you took a vacation? Don’t you know the world is about to end?”

“Oh, will you stop, you’ve been saying that for years.”

“Well, because it’s true you know.”

Cretaus started laughing at the display, but quickly held it in as, with a start; it dawned on him he was the only one doing so. What? It was funny. Maybe he was just a child for liking something like that...?

Gulping down further amusement and mentally sighing, he tried to compose what he envisioned was a more professional face.

“Sir, you wanted to do training?”

Leave it to Dominus to even stop Zalzabar’s fun. But it did get things back on track and to the point of the day.

“Alright, as each of you have very different needs in terms of your training, we will be splitting into five groups.”

Cretaus fought back the urge to blush again, this time in real embarrassment. He had, by far, the most to learn and he knew it.

Kaynus, Anaxagore, and Delsanra; you will be with me going over aura control. We quite literally can’t begin traveling safely until you three can master this, or are at least proficient.”

“Good luck,” he whispered to them. Anaxagore being the nearest to him among them. He was feeling good, so it felt natural to spread a little positivity to the others. They were in this together now, right?

Esenma, darling, please go over the test of breath with Ne’tar; good stepping stone for him getting better control of transforming into his ryujin state.”

“You can do it,” Cretaus smiled encouragingly at the orc, still feeling oddly defensive over Kaynus’ earlier derision of him. Not that he had any place of being ‘protective’, it wasn’t that. Ne’tar was leagues beyond him, he was ryujin for Three’s sake!, but still. Had to say something.

Rebecca, you’ll be going over combat training with Dominus, and I know you’re thinking you were able to beat him during the test of power…well, you certainly beat one ninth of him.”

Cretaus wasn’t entirely sure what he meant by that, but he looked over to Rebecca to continue his whimsical encouragement. By the look of her, it wasn’t needed and made him feel more self conscious of saying anything to all of them. He really wasn’t in any place to speak up. Why be whispered to like that by the weakest of them all?

Keep yourself quiet, Cretaus.

He continued listening after his mental admonishment.

Taella and Cretaus, you’ll be with Zalzabar number two here. Going over a…variety of different things.”

His eyebrows rose. He was going to be with Taella? The teen had been certain he was going to be separated from everyone else. That was an unexpected win! He looked at her, trying not to grin at his luck. It was hard to look long, her beauty also making him want to glance away, just like with the others. But he caught her color rising in her own cheeks.

It froze his smile and caused him to be the real reason he looked away. She was embarrassed? Oh, by the Essatian Stones! Of course she was! She had been relegated to the kid’s corner essentially. Lumped in the same level of ability as him. The boy who knew nothing.

Not that he was a kid, mind you! He was a teenager! Big difference, thank you very much. But. In their eyes, he knew he was a kid…

Cretaus didn’t possess any pride, not really, he knew how things were. Still, this fact stung a little he had to admit. Glumly, he let out a sigh and tried to just focus on the fact that he was going to be trained at all. That helped somewhat.

“Who you calling number two?”

The quip, ignored by everyone else again, did bring a slight smile to his face before it dropped again. His spirits were now suddenly down. Not the best way to start.

“Alright BREAK!”

As Zalzabar Two wandered over to them, he just stood there silently and watched him approach with no expectations. There was nothing for him to truly reference. So, this should be interesting.

When he reached them, he reached into his bag and pulled out a stone the size of an average man’s fist. It was a little weird looking too, mostly black yet with streaks of red, yellow, and orange all over it. Cretaus just stared at it uncomprehendingly.

“This is called a ‘nature stone’ and it tells you what your arch-nature is.”

Cretaus’ face was as impressively blank as Zalzabar Two anticipated it to be. His what now? Another judge of character?

“Basically, it tells you what kind of magic you can perform…sort of. Now you two are certainly not mage types but it is rather useful to know what your nature is, never hurts to have more tools in your tool kit.”

His face brightened a bit. Oh! OH!! Ok, now he was talking! Magic, this was something he was majorly looking forward to! What kind of secret power lurked deep within his breast? Cretaus could only imagine. He didn’t care what it was, he’d take anything. Anything!

Zalzabar Two held the rock on his open palm and within a few seconds, it suddenly grew to twice its size. Cretaus marveled at the simple act.

“Rather dull I know, but this means my arch-nature is creation, although you no doubt figured that out already.”

“Not really,” he stated honestly. Still, how did he think that was dull? Magic was, well, magical! How could that ever become dull, even if you were born with it? Man, what he wouldn’t do to learn…

And here he was at the precipice of that achievement!

A little crackle of lightning and Cretaus allowed his eagerness to finally show again, penetrating his gloomy demeanor at last. Even if only for now. Yes. Lightning. That would be cool! Would Zalzabar be impressed if he could do that too? Proud maybe? Not that that mattered or anything…

“Let your aura seep into the stone, allow it to bathe the rock, gently. You don’t want to overload it with energy…that can have…unintended consequences.”

The nature stone was then passed to the elf next to him. Cretaus watched avidly, very curious what would happen to it in Taella’s hands. Eager for it to pass to him. Aura. Right. Gentle. Ok. Got it.

Wait. Huh?

Taella was smiling as she took it and calmly closed her eyes. Had she done this before? Probably. Or at least seen others do it. She was far too casual about it. At least she didn’t seem completely put off by what was going on yet.

Within a few seconds, it was changing. Flowing like water, shrinking smaller, and sculpting itself all on its own into the figurine of a sparrow. Cretaus gaped. He had no idea what it meant, but that had to be something amazing too! So cool!

She held it up for Zalzabar Two and then passed it over to him at last when the Elder nodded and told her to do so.

Gingerly, Cretaus held out his right hand for the nature stone. It seemed to change right back into its original shape as it passed out of the woman’s hand and before it dropped into his own. He gulped nervously, a few beads of sweat appearing on him.

“So I, uh…just…um…”

Oh, Three above. Here was his idiocy showing again. His face was starting to turn redder than fire now. He had no idea what to do. None at all. What was an aura? How did he, um, bathe the stone in it again?

After a good thirty seconds of holding the stone, a little heavier than he thought but still not bad, he turned his blank (and still red) face to Zalzabar and Taella. He said nothing. He didn’t need to. It was as clear as day.

Cretaus couldn’t even do this much. The stone knew it. It wasn’t doing…..anything. At all. Reflecting him to the core.

This was going from a great day to really bad. Fast.

Tag: Zalzabar & Taella (and all the rest) @Shadowsun @Kurisan @The Jedi in the Pumas @greyjedi125 @Ktala @Mitth_Fisto @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    Ktala, greyjedi125, Kurisan and 2 others like this.
  17. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Rebecca Dragon

"TIME TO WAKE UP SLEEPY ONES!" Rebecca snapped awake drawing her sword ready to cut down any threat that might have threatened them. Any fatigue or injury she sustained the night before was gone. Looking around she found that there was no threat and took a few breaths to calm herself. Her blood hadn't been awakened yet so she felt no need to take life, to feel blood run down her face. The smell of cooking meat came to her Zalzabar claimed that the meat would be bland, not something Rebecca was worried about. A life spent eating camp food and her father's cooking had left her with a rather unrefined palate. And tough meat was nothing for her strong jaw and teeth.

As she tore into the unseasoned meat she pulled a simple clay jar out of her pack. The others around could hear what sounded like pellets rattling about. Pulling the stopper she poured out a handful for dried field peas. Throwing them into her mouth she put them in her cheek letting her saliva soften them. It was an odd habit but one she'd picked up from her father. Field peas, along with wild game was all they had and dried correctly peas could last all winter.

Her father told her the story of when she was a babe, how he would turn the peas into a paste with his mouth and feed her from his hand.

Closing her eyes she could almost see it, the simple one room home, with a roaring fireplace pelts from deer and rabbits on the floor used for bedding a simple table where they would take their meals. Her father had built that house, he'd been a carpenter in the village Rebecca was born in, before bandits forced him and his daughter to run. It was quiet, peaceful even. The peas were a reminder of the time she was almost normal, a thing that grounded her, that made her feel like less of a monster.

She came out of her musings when they were ordered to training. With a grumble she pulled on her armor and stood out with the others, assignments were handed out and she was placed with Dominus. She bristled a little at being told to train. She'd spent five years training, and almost a decade fighting on battlefields all across Regnum. She was already well trained. But as Dominus says, she was getting paid for it, though this promise of gold in Othos did put her on edge.

He stood before her no weapon, no armor, she narrowed her eyes.

"Do you wish me to fight without blade and armor as you do? Or are you just taunting me?"

TAG: @Shadowsun (Sure you can start the combo at the last line)

18. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Esenma
    -Training Day

The elder elf clapped her hands together repeatedly and grabbed Ne'tar by his hand. She dragged him off to a section a few meters away from the adept ryujin group - she wanted Ne'Tar to be around them, but not to be distracted by them.

"Okay, dear. Zalzy wants me to go over the test of breath with you, which is GREAT!" She placed her bag in the snow to her right and stretched a bit as Zalzabar made his way over. He poked fun at her about it being a while since she had a pupil to which she responded by playfully bopping him on the head with her fist before giving him a shove off so that Ne'tar and her could focus. She inhaled a great deal and centered herself, closing her eyes and pausing for a moment.

Her eyes remained closed as she spoke.

"The test of breath, Ne'tar is similar to the banging of the wardrums of Xan before a meeting of two orc clans: it can be used to communicate to other ryujin, and some very magically attuned mages, your very essence, experiences, purpose, and intentions." She opened her eyes and her typical playful demeanor took a shift to seriousness, even though her smile remained. "In its rawest form, it is a ryujin's expression of their power. Newborn ryujins typically unleash their breaths of power when they transform because of the heightened emotions that they are feeling. Therefore, being able to control that breath is one of the first steps to being able to control your transformations. Doesn't that make wonderful sense, my dear?"

She raised a finger. "I'm going to give you a gentle blast of my own to get us started. Allow yourself to draw on your own experiences: pain, pleasure, joy, and sadness. Find Something that brought out the purest form of yourself and then try to center it. This is the hardest part, dear. Try to center it, deep in your belly, and then guide it out of your mouth to me. Sometimes it erupts as just a small breath, other times actual fire...We will see, won't we sweet Ne'tar?"

Her hands rose to her face, cupping her mouth and nose. A light whistle rose from her covered face before she opened her palms and Ne'tar felt a sudden gentle blast of wind erupt from Esenma. In a word, it would feel...controlled and she would send through her breath a small glimpse of her happiness:

When in the skies, she moved with grace
    No age or illness to hold her down
    No family or obligations
    It was her's.
    All of it.
    Because above all of Regnum,
    She felt most connected to the realm.
    To walk Regnum was the fate of most,
    But to soar above Regnum was for a chosen few.
    She was Esenma
    She was Ryujin.

Then the breath stopped and she stood in front of Ne'tar, waiting for his response, a glint of seriousness in her eye. She wanted to see what he was made of.

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto

19. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018

"One hundred and fifty years ago I was blessed with a vision from Sapientis, informing me of the task at hand, what needed to be done. The subjugation of Athas is but a mere stepping stone to bringing back our Lord."

The dark phoenix became silent, surveying the elfling before resuming. And Derius returned it's gaze. He would not be disrespectful of Solis Kayne, for the man was indeed physically present and Derius would not ignore his presence.

One hundred and fifty years. That time was noteworthy. Derius had privately suspected that the vision he received before his battle with Zalzabar was not an isolated incident.

"As Athas falls I will be searching for her, the Ice Queen, the first Snow Elf, the first Ryuji, Gelida. No doubt your hounds have reached as far down into Xan?" The head of the phoenix tilted once more, the infliction in the voice seemingly amused by Derius' use of the creatures. He did not respond. Malum possessed knowledge of Gelida...This was logically consistent with what Derius knew of the King of Haugun. This would also explain why Malum was making his move on Athas now, though Derius believed that he was taking Athas too lightly. It was true - their combined forces would devastate all other nations. This assumed, however, that the other nations did not ally themselves against them. "In which case you would've heard of that Gelida awakened in the middle of the great Xan desert?"

The familiar stretched out its wings and then brought them back in again. It dropped down landing on Solis' head "As for what I ask of your forces...well that depends...tell me more of your famous mages..."

Malum was probing, searching...digging for information. But for him to know of the Shades showed the reach and sway of the Dragonson. A show of mutual trust. The Winter Court had been revealed before him for inspection. Derius could be forthcoming as well.

"You speak of the Shades... They are not of comparable power to your Winter Court or your Crimson Knights. They serve very specific, individual uses. For a large scale battle, they would be almost useless. I will be present for the invasion and will assist in any way you deem necessary. The way your Winter Court speaks...I will enjoy seeing them firsthand. Though not as much as I would enjoy seeing Malum Dragonson in person. Perhaps, next time that could be arranged."

The fog began to envelope his body all the way up to his head, his face remaining there floating above a no longer visible body. His mind was elsewhere and here. Gelida....Malum...Zalzabar... Much was beginning to take shape. All of it important. All of them important pieces that could singlehandedly change Regnum. Yet...

Tag: @Master Vo'Un'Var @Shadowsun

20. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    An Unholy Alliance
    Malum's familiar remained perched atop Solis, letting out one last electrical communication before rising above the Keeper of the Sun.

I am having trouble placing his aura as well, my king. He conceals his presence very well. As to be expected from a mage as strong as he. as far as I can tell, it seems to be wind with a small tone of something darker.

An accurate assessment, I agree my hand

As to the void, it remains to be seen. Perhaps it would be best if he was unaware, as so we hold more cards in our hand.

Perhaps for the time being, but I think he has some inkling of the great power that dwells there. I suspect our old master would take a great interest in him, even despite his condition. After all there is only so much we can teach him. You have three weeks to finalize the preparations for our forces. I trust you will not fail me, my hand.

Solis would know understand that by 'his condition' he meant the bronze elf's lack of ryujin blood. The undertone of the final line underscoring Malum's malcontent with failure. The familiar then rose opening its beak to the evaporating Derius, demonstrating that the Witchking of Taetus did indeed have mastery over the wind.

"Indeed, I would like to see the power of these shades first hand. In two weeks time come to my fortress, in inner Haugun, I trust you will be able to find it and be sure to bring these shades with you."

A large bolt of black lightning descended from the sky, surrounding Solis Kayne, just like the two that had surrounded Ulfric and August, then in an instant he and the bolt were gone.The lightning phoenix then swooped up in the air in a flourish, the crackle of electricity spreading throughout the creature.

"Fare thee well Derius Ralinommu, may our alliance be long and fruitful."

And with that the phoenix disappeared in burst of energy. Malum was pleased, everything was sliding so neatly into place. The hour of devastation was at hand, the one who would ensure an ever lasting peace, and allow the ryujin to finally subjugate the other races. He may need Derius now, but the moment his usefulness came to an end he would be sure to dispose of the elfling. After they couldn't have his kind in the new world order.

Closing TAG: @Master Vo'Un'Var @The Jedi in the Pumas (Derius and Solis will return...feel free to give one final reply for the scene)

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    -Training Day ~ Lesson One

The handsy breeder grabbed Ne'tar, drag Ne'tar off away from others! Luckily Ne'tar see they stop in view of them. Ne'tar scared lesson about to go wrong direction type breathing.

"Okay, dear. Zalzy wants me to go over the test of breath with you, which is GREAT!" She placed bag in snow before stretch as Zalzabar came. Wait. . .there be two him now? Ne'tar not sure that such a good thing. Ne'tar distracted by this until Ne'tar see she had eyes closed. Ne'tar just in time hear what she say.

"The test of breath, Ne'tar is similar to the banging of the wardrums of Xan before a meeting of two orc clans: it can be used to communicate to other ryujin, and some very magically attuned mages, your very essence, experiences, purpose, and intentions." She opened her eyes and her typical playful demeanor took a shift to seriousness, even though her smile remained. "In its rawest form, it is a ryujin's expression of their power. Newborn ryujins typically unleash their breaths of power when they transform because of the heightened emotions that they are feeling. Therefore, being able to control that breath is one of the first steps to being able to control your transformations. Doesn't that make wonderful sense, my dear?"

Ne'tar nod even though Ne'tar not really understand how Ne'tar do thing yet.

She raised a finger. "I'm going to give you a gentle blast of my own to get us started. Allow yourself to draw on your own experiences: pain, pleasure, joy, and sadness. Find Something that brought out the purest form of yourself and then try to center it. This is the hardest part, dear. Try to center it, deep in your belly, and then guide it out of your mouth to me. Sometimes it erupts as just a small breath, other times actual fire...We will see, won't we sweet Ne'tar?"

Her hands rose to her face, cupping her mouth and nose. A light whistle rose from her covered face before she opened her palms and Ne'tar felt a sudden gentle blast of wind erupt from Esenma. In a word, it would feel...controlled and she would send through her breath a small glimpse of her happiness:

Ne'tar very impressed. Ne'tar able see much, feel something Ne'tar never felt. Ne'tar no know what to do with it. Ne'tar dip head in respect to her, was very nice share. "Ne'tar try do back. From Ne'tar, not same." Ne'tar clarified, no want her wait for own breath back, that just no happen. Ne'tar not sure he had it anymore anyways.

Focus, Ne'tar focus deep, feel the love and warmth of home. See the desert stretch from tent so whole world seem like it made of it. Earth. Ne'tar wait until Ne'tar feel it deep in belly, then Ne'tar exhale. . .Ne'tar open eyes to look at Esenma. She still waiting. Right. Ne'tar try again, nod, raise finger. Once more. Focus, earth, home, place, breath out.

Ne'tar not know how many times, but then Ne'tar feel something! This must be it! Ne'tar breath in deep, feel pressure build as Ne'tar focus on memory! Ne'tar release with breath! "Uuuuuuuuuuuurp!" Ne'tar eyes go wide. Boar no taste so good second time, but Ne'tar mean to! "Ne'tar sorry! Ne'tar no mean to! Wrong breath, wrong breath. Ne'tar do right. Ne'tar do right." he stated rapidly before closing eyes again in shame and trying once more. Then he felt something, something move.

Ne'tar breath out a gentle mist, a thought, a memory.

Ne'tar child, stand in vast open desert.
    Nothing to be seen for as far as one see.
    Everything look like sand with heat make air to seem like sand simmer into sky.
    Ne'tar alone, painfully alone. Ne'tar not right.
    Ne'tar not just Ne, should be Ne but tar.
    Arm broken, but no feel. Other pain to much.
    Alone.
    Crying into the dry dead world.
    Ne'tar cry for one not there.
    Ne'tar is tar. Ne'tar is . . .

ALONE.

Ne'tar feel that one leave, Ne'tar know Ne'tar did it. Yet Ne'tar feel wet, wipe eyes on sleeve of garment. *Sniff* "Ne'tar do it?" he softly ask. The lump in chest make hard, so no say other words. Ne'tar not sure could. Need swallow lump.

TAG: @The Jedi in the Pumas , @Shadowsun

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    greyjedi125, Ktala, Shadowsun and 3 others like this.
  22. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Anaxagore
    Training Day begins

Perhaps without realizing it, Anaxagore found himself nodding in agreement with Lord Elder’s pairings. Only after the fact did the adept ryujin became aware of certain subtleties he silently found agreeable. Great Zalzabar was indeed wise and powerful, even with what he had witnessed so far, he knew this was not boasting, but simple fact.

Watching Lord Elder have a conversation with himself was indeed amusing, which caused him only to smile, but it seemed young Cretaus gave fun occasion to give free reign to his mirth. And why not? Especially after all the young one had endured, braving the icy mountains in order to reach Zalzabar’s Castle, passing the trials and then surviving the attack by the Crimson Knights: After all that, laughter was a welcomed sound.

Anaxagore did his best to ignore Kaynusm sniping commentary, though he was tempted to interject more than once. In one night, there had been enough conflict to last them half a year or more. It was prudent to let peace reign among the group, for everyone’s sake.

Besides, all that bluster was probably overcompensating for some unseen deficiency, though he had no idea what that could be. In addition, if he at any point considered speaking Taella about tolerance, he couldn’t be a hypocrite for being guilty of the same. Thankfully, that was not something that had to be dealt with at present.

Just as Delsanra had done, Anaxagore also snatched the keening stone Lord Elder had tossed at them in mid-air. He’d flashed a competitive smile at the regal snow elf before turning his focus toward the stone.

The ryujin warrior smiled knowingly, mostly to himself. He was very familiar with Aura Control. He watched in silence as Lord Elder demonstrated and was honestly surprised at the high pitched sound it emitted. It reminded him of Master Namekian. Interestingly enough, Anaxagore would bet that Master Nin possessed such control he could make music with his aura if he so wished.

Indeed, Anaxagore suffered from ‘acute fatalistic ryujinitis’. He had learned how to use the ‘feel’ of his aura as a subtle attack on his enemies. There was nothing more demoralizing and intimidating than the aura of a powerful ryujin on full display. That’s was partially why his Dark Roar was so damned effective. There was a sense of satisfaction watching cowering armies fleeing at your approach. But as noted, there were situations were such could be detrimental. Like now.

Aura concealment was arguably his worst skill, if it could even be called that. It simply wasn’t in his character. We’ll that wasn’t entirely true.

The Warrior stared at the stone and wrinkled his nose at it.

“This again….” he whispered to himself.

He’d argued with his masters that he was born to be a warrior, not a shinobi. Hiding was not his strong suit. They had countered that this one skill he would need one day…and so, that fateful day had come. A long sigh escaped him as he sat himself down, cross-legged. For a time he watched Delsanra. Why was he not surprised that she would be a natural at this?

He’d just felt her split from his perception, at least for a moment, just as her stone softly cried out.

Remarkable.

Anaxagore closed his eyes and gripped his stone within his fist. The glow of purple fire flickered behind his eyes and the stone began to emit a loud and intense sound. Anaxagore frowned. He knew his aura had reflexively intensified, as this was his immediate instinct. He’d ‘flexed’ instead of ‘slackened’. The warrior tried to relax and let out another long sigh. His mind had conjured the image of the evening sky.

'Be not the Sun, shining, Prominent and Inevitable. Be not the moon, softly glowing, lovely and alluring, easy on the eyes; nor a reflection upon mirroring waters. Be a pinprick of light in the dark. One in a million. Present, yet unseen, still as a candle light in the sea of dark. Quiet, yet present, moving, yet unnoticed…at ease, in harmony with one self and with the universe entire.'

This he repeated in his mind, many times, as he sought his place in the vastness of the infinite, for all things were relative to that which had no limit.

For how long he sat, he did not know. He even ignored the sound the stone had been making and moved past it and what it represented. He was no longer the ‘center’, he had no need to be seen as a threat or to threaten others with his mere presence. He knew to be tranquil, to be at ease and at peace within.

For thus it would be in a time without war.

The warrior’s hand relaxed, his fist opening, the stone rolling down his leather tunic and nestling itself in the fold of his knee. The sound of the keening stone changed from intense and became a softer- more harmonic and sustained note.

Anaxagore remained thus for the time being, inhabiting a sensation he had not experienced for a very long time.

Tag: @Shadowsun, @Ktala, @Darth_Elu (Kaynus)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  23. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Kaynus Allbright IC:
    ~Training Zone, Athas~

The youngest among them had decided to try speaking up against him. A futile act from a boy who mattered in the grand scheme of things as much as his boot did. And possibly even less useful. Kaynus couldn’t fathom why Zalzabar allowed this boy to remain.

Granted, he had survived thus far and somehow passed all the trials given by Dominus earlier. There was that, he had to admit. How? Something he could fathom even less. Perhaps there was some kind of trick up the kid’s sleeve. Who knew.

But in the end, he chose to ignore his little outburst. He should be grateful. This training could be his chance to change his opinion of him…which he doubted would happen.

He went on to make his proclamation for all to hear, so that they knew what they were about to witness. The smirk still on his face, he waited with the rest as Zalzabar and Dominus began a little exchange about clones.

So they would be deployed again for the training? Very well, it was a useful skill to have. Within just a few minutes, Dominus assisted Zalzabar by making a second clone of the Elder. Impressive.

Of course, the Elder’s eccentricity had to then be suffered for a bit longer as he began to chat with himself. Was there a point to this? It was amusing in some regard, but this was not the time. Thankfully, Dominus steered him back into sensibility.

“Alright, as each of you have very different needs in terms of your training, we will be splitting into five groups. Kaynus, Anaxagore, and Delsanra; you will be with me going over aura control. We quite literally can’t begin traveling safely until you three can master this, or at at least proficient.”

Kaynus nodded, if still unhappy with the subject of the training. He ignored the rest of what was said as it no longer pertained to him. He just waited till Lord Zalzabar gave the signal to begin and moved off to the side a bit with his group.

Zalzabar began speaking to them again. “Alright, listen up kiddos! You three…well, you three have a serious case of “look at me, I’m a ryujinitis,” a very common and deadly disease among us ryujin. I shouldn’t have to explain why this is a paramount skill to learn, many ryujin don’t bother learning this and then get killed.”

Kaynus nodded, but did allow a small remark to come forth. “The world should always know its ryujin. Perhaps I see the reason for such training now, but I’ll only make use of this skill when it is absolutely necessary. Sometimes the enemy needs to know what they face!”

He quieted and listened to the instructions of the training.

“Now aura control is a rather difficult skill to learn, especially for the entire body, so first we are going to practice on something a bit…smaller scale.”

Zalzabar took a moment to then produce a few rocks from his pocket. Kaynus allowed an eyebrow to arch. What was with those?

“These are called keening stones, so named because when you focus your aura in just the right way, they begin to make a wailing noise. This is an exercise I learnt at the Zaifiran Academy; essentially the idea is to focus your aura into the stone, adjusting the…oh what was the term they used…wavelength? No, no, frequency? Ah, something like that…you get the idea right?”

Kaynus got the gist. The other two seemed to as well.

Zalzabar then demonstrated with a hand held out in front of him, keening stone within. It began to emit a high pitch cry that caused him to wince slightly, Delsanra’s eyes to widen, Anaxagore’s to narrow in consideration, and Zalzabar himself to sweat.

Such a simple thing made the Elder sweat? Hm. Perhaps not as easy as it would appear…but it still couldn’t be that hard. In the end, it was just a rock.

“Anyway, that’s the idea, this is a relatively simple exercise, but it is often quite draining.”

Kaynus caught the rock when it was tossed to him, only briefly glancing over toward Anaxagore when he heard him murmur:

“This again…”

Oh? The ‘Protector’ had done something similar before? By the sound of it, he hadn’t faired so well against the rock last time. Ha! Pathetic. He would soon witness a wonder then. It would appear the savior would have to pave the way and show them how it was done!

“Alright, just going to have a quick word with Esenma, let me know if you have any questions.”

“None,” he replied before moving further off to the side to get some distance from the other two.

Time to begin!

He glanced up again to notice that Delsanra and Anaxagore had both opted to sit down as they focused. They must be prepared to be trying this exercise for quite some time. Heh. It would only about a minute or two at most for him.

Kaynus remained standing and held out the rock in his palm before him, almost triumphantly. His eyes narrowed, that smirk firmly in place, and he began.

Only to be interrupted by the odd, discordant sound the rock in Anaxagore’s possession made. Obviously not the correct sound. The look on the man’s face showed his displeasure as well. Hm. If he was going to fail, could he do it more quietly?

Sighing, Kaynus tried to compose himself for his showing a second time. His eyes narrowed in on the rock, confidence worn about him like a cloak, and his aura flowed all around him. It bathed the rock and his immediate surroundings equally.

A minute passed. Hm. Well, this was surprising, but within possible expectations. Soon then.

His eyes glanced toward the woman in their trio and noticed she was sweating now. Ha!

Looking back to his Keening Stone, he watched as the second minute passed and…nothing. Whatsoever.

Kaynus’ smirk was nowhere to be seen, his expression turning carefully neutral. What was with this thing? Very well. He’d just direct his aura toward it a little more forcefully. Direct it like an arrow at the blasted thing.

In the back of his mind, he realized such fine control over his aura however was not exactly something he had ever done before. Indeed, he never needed to. All he ever needed to prove his dominance in the past was its sheer ferocity. Power! Such deft magical handling was…NO.

He would dare not think it was beyond him! Kaynus Allbright did not have anything beyond him! Not for long!!!

It was like he was willing his aura to just be thrown at the rock haphazardly. What was he expecting? He wasn’t sure. Maybe…maybe he was holding it wrong.

Delsanra seemed to a deep, long breath nearby as she reconcentrated herself. Kaynus took a breath as well and shifted his weight uncomfortably. His other hand came to support the one holding the rock at the wrist, as if that would help. Instinctively he brought it closer to his body as well. His eyes narrowed further.

Come on, come on….Scream, damn you. Wail! Whine! KEEN LIKE YOUR NAME SAYS!

It wasn’t working.

Much more time than he had ever expected to pass, did so, and the act of trying to control his aura like this was starting to drain him just like Zalzabar had warned. His legs shook, but he did his best to hide that.

A small sound appeared, steadily getting stronger. But it wasn’t his stone. Damn it! He could not lose!

Moving his hands as if he was violently cupping the stone now, sweat began to break out all over his face and his legs shook even harder. The veins in his arms were hidden by his sleeves, but he knew they had to be prominent with the strain he was experiencing.

What kind of exercise was this!?

The sound eventually came to be made at last……..He looked up, his eyes wide aghast with shock.

It was Delsanra.

He had lost to her. He had lost. No, no this wasn’t possible! Not happening! Gritting his teeth, his face turned red with both frustration and strain as he grasped the stone with both hands again as if he was trying to crush the thing and focused, focused, focused, focused…

FOCUSED!!!!

After a little while longer, the sound appeared again. He didn’t look this time. Didn’t need to. Anaxagore had now beaten him as well.

He. Was. Last.

Kaynus’ face was drenched with sweat now, his chest heaving hard, his legs forcing him to stumble once or twice though he always regained himself, and his hands were clenched so hard they just might never remember how not to.

Eventually….at long last…..

Kaynus Allbright gave a shout of anger, spun on his heel with the snow twisting underfoot, and hurled the stupid rock off into the distance. It disappeared into the great white around them as he held his pose, his right arm dangling after swinging through the throw and the ryujin just stared after it. His chest heaving, a small spasm of pain from the effort being felt acutely.

“What farce is this, Zalzabar!?”

Kaynus straightened himself and brought his roiling temper to bare through his expression at the Elder Ryujin. How dare he humiliate him like this in front of everyone and after everything they had all been through already!

There had to be something defective with the stone he was given! If this was a prank, they would be regretting it before long.

Kaynus gritted his teeth once more as he awaited an explanation.

Tag: Zalzabar, Delsanra, & Anaxagore @Shadowsun @Ktala @greyjedi125

Shadowsun, Ktala, Kurisan and 2 others like this.
  24. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Training Day
    Part II
    The first Zalzabar, the one training the three adept ryujin, nodded along, smiling proudly as Delsanra and then Anaxagore were able to make their stones keen. He wandered over first to Delsanra, crouching down as he passed another stone over. His face serious and yet playful.

"Very nice my dear, very nice indeed. Take a rest, but when your ready try and keen these two stones at the same time. It might take you.... quite some time. And don't worry if you need to just keep practicing with just the one." He smiled as he said this, remembering back to the first time he keened his own keening stones, almost eight hundred and fifty years ago, along the grassy common area of the Zafirian Academy. Took him several hours before he was able to keen two at once, ah fond memories. He couldn't wait to see the expression on their faces once he told them they would have to do three at once.

He then walked his way over Anaxagore kneeling next to the protector of Regnum. "Good work my boy! Alright take this once you feel ready try and make both stones keen, I'm sure you can do it." He gave the young ryujin a firm smack on the back and a laugh as he did so before darting off to the problem child.

The elder ryujin chuckled at Kaynus's outrage, half tempted to pin the foolish child to the ground, ah but now was not the time for such fun.

"My boy this is no farce, you seem rather unused to having to control your aura at all, I feel it so strongly right now if it was not for my lovely little cage you'll probably tell every mage and ryujin in Regnum where we are right now"

He sighed as he began to approach Kaynus. "You are strong Kaynus, but that strength is useless if you have no control." He moved closer to the boy now only a couple feet away from him.

"Take a moment and breath. Focus on the stone again, but instead of trying to flood it with power, as you have been doing, try and let out.... well essentially nothing. The strain comes not from releasing the energy but from letting only the smallest fragment out." He smiled and nodded to the adept ryujin. "I'll be back in a moment" He then wandered off to Ne'tar and Esenma after which he scurried back to view the ryujins' progress.

TAG: @Darth_Elu (Kaynus) @greyjedi125 @Ktala

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Excellent and so pretty too!" Spoke the second Zalzabar, inspecting the figurine sparrow. "You have quite a potent magic, no surprise for a wood elf" he smiled as he said this turning to Cretaus. "Because the stone changed shape it means that Taella has a manipulation arch-nature, and by the looks of things either tree-singing or some kind of communication or manipulation of animals". He took it, giving it one last look over before passing it to Cretaus.

Zalzabar two continued to smile as he watched the young lad slowly red in the face, leaving the stone completely lifeless. He looked into the boy's eyes, whose excitement had clearly vanished.

"Oh my boy you remind me of my youngest son!" He gave a large, warm laugh as he said this. He knew he shouldn't be laughing at the boy, in truth he wasn't but he knew Creatus would likely take it that way.

"Don't worry, these things often take time, I expect you've never even seen magic before today. No worries you can keep trying later, this isn't particularly pressing more for my own curiosity." He gave another warm smile as he took the nature stone from Cretaus, putting it away in his pocket.

"Now, we have something far, far, far, faaaaaaar more important to go over." Zalzabar two then began to pull out the book that Cretaus had recovered.

"HISTORY!!!"
    he bellowed with excitement.

"Yes, yes I know it isn't flashy and 'cool' like combat or magic or whatever they're doing" He pointed to Ne'tar and Esenma as he said this, who were busy undergoing the test of breath, which if you didn't know what it was looked rather silly. "But it will be crucial in finding the three dragon weapons and dealing with the numerous people we are bound to come across"

"Anyway turn your textbooks to page one....oh right we don't have any textbooks..." he scratched the back of his head as he began to think to himself. "Ah no matter we'll do this the olde fashioned way!!!" He then let forth lightning from his hands creating three chair from the snow as he had done the night before. One for himself and two for his new pupils.

"Alright you ready to begin?" he asked as he began to flick through the pages.

TAG: @Darth_Elu (Cretaus) @Kurisan (Combo...or both post then combo, or not can discuss in PM if need be)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Zalzabar one proceeded to wander back over to Esenma and Ne'tar despite the fact he had been shooed away several minutes ago.

"Indeed Ne'tar you did do it! Not long before you can start calling yourself Ne'jin'tar! or maybe you would want to drop the 'tar'?" he said beaming with support.

He gave a sideward glance to Esenma, she knew the next few steps, that emotion Ne'tar felt, he needed to channel it to transform into a ryujin. As he channeled his emotion he would channel his aura and in time he would have no need to use his emotions to transform. After all that is how most newborns learned to control their transformations. It would take time however, not the transformations so much but eroding the alliance it had on heighted emotion. In truth he too was learning aura control like the other ryujin, just at a very different stage.

"Anyway I'll get out of your hair, I know dear Esenma will get annoyed if I linger" He gave a wink to them both before darting back over to the three adept ryujin.

TAG: @The Jedi in the Pumas @Mitth_Fisto

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 Continue Combo

25. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Taella
    Training Day

Taella blushed as Zalzabar commended her little sparrow-stone, happy that she had done something to please the mighty Dragonkin Lord. He advised her that her arch-nature was manipulation. Though her people did not use the same terms, it seemed plausible. Tree-singing and communication with animals was indeed the core of the magic of the Wood Elves.

She watched as the magical stone was passed to Cretaus - instantly reshaping to its dormant form as it left her touch. She was curious as to what the human boy would produce, having started to pay more and more attention to him.

He stared and strained at the stone. Why is he doing that? she wondered. It was not a muscular process... The stone remained stubbornly unresponsive and it dawned on her that Cretaus just was not aware of magic. What little she knew from her travels was that unless they underwent very rigorous training to open their minds, humans were essentially dull and non-conductive to magic.

She looked at Zalzabar. He must have known that, too. It seemed a little cruel to put the boy through this ordeal. Perhaps he knows something I do not, that something unexpected might occur?

Either way, she remained respectfully silent and tried not to add at all to Cretaus' discomfort. She did marvel at his enthusiastic attempts, his tenacity to not give up. This was the same quality that had seen him pass the Trials of the Knights, and she reminded herself to respect him for that.

Zalzabar eventually ended his ordeal with encouraging words.

Then their next task was revealed. They were going to study... history. Oh, yuck. Taella pouted, bored already.

The Dragonkin Lord conjured seats with his lightning magic and Taella's displeasure deepened. She disliked being seated and lectured at, and that was exactly what it looked like was going to happen! She glanced to Cretaus to see his reaction.

For her own part, she looked away to see what the others were doing. Especially, she was interested in how Anaxagore might be faring... and if he maybe in turn was wondering about her?

These thoughts distracted her and caused her to ignore whatever Zalzabar was saying next...

@Darth_Elu @Shadowsun

Ktala, Darth_Elu, greyjedi125 and 2 others like this.